are you happy now?

Options
Since you have lost the weigjt, are you really a happier person?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Has it fixed all of my problems? No.
    But I'm much happier anyway.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am. My life was pretty good before I lost the weight, but now I can enjoy it more. :)
  • YasssHoney
    YasssHoney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I meant weight
  • YasssHoney
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Did it really boost your self esteem?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yes, and yes. I'm happier because I'm healthier, I physically feel better, I can buy normal sized clothes, and I feel accomplished. My self esteem is better because I feel I physically look better, and psychologically I feel accomplished and strong.
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes. But not because I'm skinnier. Because I have more energy and working out is now a hobby. I feel like my changes have rubbed off on my family too and now they eat healthier and that makes me happy because my family is everything to me.
  • sabowman93
    sabowman93 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes I am much much happier. I have lost about 50 lbs and still looking to lose 5 to 10 more. It changed my entire life
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I had a great life before, but now I have more energy to enjoy it. So yes.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I feel better about myself, but I'm not where I want to be yet.
  • RedArmy1918
    RedArmy1918 Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I started working out and counting calories in February and since I've one from 262 to 237. I hope to lose those 37 by January of next year.

I'm near that halfway point of my weigh loss goal where things look daunting still but you have some perspective on all the hard work you've put in.

It's humbling to be in the middle of the process. While I felt happy at 262 I feel a lot better now in many respects because my weight no longer weighs me down ( pun intended) like it used to.

Seeing that I've lost 25lbs keeps me motivated to keep going!

Last time I lost weight and I was 200 I did feel a lot happier because as @Alatariel75 mentioned, finding clothes that fit is a big deal because you don't have to settle for whatever fits. You can choose and change styles and get compliments etc. so I know what that feels like and I want it back. This time I want to keep that feeling forever.

Feeling lighter, stronger and more flexible also feels great!

While it does not get rid of body image issues they are not as persistent.

Even at 237 I feel sexier and lighter :-)
    s37qbl7yvl6w.jpg
  • YasssHoney
    Options
    That's so amazing ! I see what you mean. Congratulations to you
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hell yeah
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    YES, some would say I can be cocky, I am just hella confident :P
  • HannaSusi
    HannaSusi Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Yes! I loved my life before and didn't let my weight stop me, but I feel so much better now :) I'm about 2/3 way done, 44lbs down another 20 or so to go. I feel better, prettier, more energetic, I love how (smaller) clothes fit now, I love how much easier it is to ride horses now. (easier also for the horse :smiley: )
    So yes, I keep on keeping on and will get there!
  • athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've lost 51 pounds with 6 more to go. I'm in a LOT less pain and have so much more stamina. I don't feel like sludge anymore. I just feel like I can enjoy life more overall!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    pdwhitlock wrote: »
    Yes. But not because I'm skinnier. Because I have more energy and working out is now a hobby. I feel like my changes have rubbed off on my family too and now they eat healthier and that makes me happy because my family is everything to me.
    SAME
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I was happy before. Now I just fit into smaller jeans.
  • YassHoney
    YassHoney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bumppppppp I've always wondered the same thing as op
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I have much more self esteem. It has not taken away all of my problems but took away quite a few. Namely high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
    Aside from all of that now I can wear the clothes I love
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I hope that I will be happier. When I lost 40lbs previously, I was a bit more confident, but I am not sure about happier. This time around, I am working more on the mental part as well. Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!