are you happy now?

Options

Replies

• ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I had a great life before, but now I have more energy to enjoy it. So yes.

Agree with this! I was happy then, I'm happier now. If I gain weight again I'd still be happy but I know objectively things are easier and better without the extra weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was perfectly happy before...I'm just healthier now.

I also really like that I can romp around with my kiddos without needing a nap after a whole 5 minutes...I can romp all day long and then some.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was quite happy before. Now, I have more energy and feel sickor tired much less often, so I am happier a greater fraction of the time. I can do more things, wear many different styles of clothes, which while not essential to happiness, does diminish the time where I have to say "no". So I'd say losing weight did not make me happier in itself (though the progress was cause for celebration!), but it took away things that made me unhappy (tired, sick, not able to go hiking with friends, not wearing the cool jacket, etc.)
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    YasssHoney wrote: »
    Since you have lost the weigjt, are you really a happier person?

Defo I love looking better and also feel much better and healthier
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was quite unhappy about my weight (287 highest weight), and quite unhappy about my behavior that got me there and kept me there. All of it negatively impacted my life in ways that are obvious and ways that are less so.

Who wouldn't be happier after releasing a 115 lb burden from their backs??
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have lost 42 lbs so far, still have some more to lose, but im definitely happier, have much more confidence in myself, and actually find myself to be more open and social with others, as well.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    qqxfkdy5t5wc.jpg

Damnit I came to post this.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    qqxfkdy5t5wc.jpg

Truth.

I was happy, but disappointed with my health
    Now I am happy and feel better about my health.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    No. There were a lot of responsibilities I didn't have to deal with a few years ago (it's all about growing up unfortunately) and some family issues have really worn me down.

I am much happier with the overall appearance of my body, improved health, and my increased endurance.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    For the most part yes. It was a lifestyle change not a diet

New friends and new hobbies. Next spring is my first sprint Triathlon.

• Digbysmom
    Digbysmom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes. My arthritis has improved in leaps and bounds. I'm 5 pounds short of my goal, and before losing 24 pounds was experiencing horrible bouts of sciatica. I took a size 6 outfit into a dressing room on the weekend only to discover that I needed a 4. Did I feel good, you bet your life I did. I've worked darn hard to get the weight off and the boost in my self-esteem and improvement in my health are better than any junk food could ever taste.
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I am happier now that I'm actually seeing results in my weight loss. It doesn't change a whole lot on the outside world, just working on the inside and myself. That is where I see the most changes.
  • amy102875
    amy102875 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Overall I am much happier. I feel better, have more energy and have much more motivation to get things done. People are happy for me and I get noticed more, which is nice and I feel a lot better about my appearance. It wasn't a fix all, cure everything though.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My quality of life has improved tenfold after losing 111 pounds. I am MUCH happier than I was before. I can do so many things I couldn't do before and I just feel amazing now. Not carrying around all that excess weight everywhere you go 24/7 makes a huge difference. I am much more outgoing and friendly towards other people now. I'm happier in my relationship, as a mother, and as a human being in general.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    No. I'm still as f**ked up as I was 162# ago. Losing weight did not change my problems for the better.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm happier because my eating has changed the way that my body feels. For years I experienced extreme burning pain in my left hip.... due to my weight loss, it's GONE! Weight induced pain exists...I wish my doctor had told me that YEARS AGO!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I am definitely happier now.. i don't believe it's just the weight loss.. but how i managed to lose it... the routine of my day and the order of my life.. The wholesome food and activity invested in every day... The ability to look at seemingly unavoidable problems as opportunities to grow stronger. Everything in my life has changed, Even though everyone and every tangible thing in my life is the same. It's the way i look at the world, and the way i move about in it. Every day i get stronger, more efficient, more capable of running my life the way i always wanted to. On top of this, my self esteem has grown, and the beauty i always coveted in others, is visible in the mirror. I know that's not just from the weight loss.. But from the new abilities i have.. the successes i have on a daily basis and the happiness i bring to others around me by doing the best job i can do in everything i do because of my strength and stamina. Testing my strength every day, and making myself proud on an almost daily basis. That.. is why i see beauty.. and that is why i think i am happy now, when i was so desolate and ugly when i was unable to do these things before.

135 lost
  • FabnFit4Health
    FabnFit4Health Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Omg this is amazing
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am happy that I have lost 50 ish pounds. I am happy to fit into the clothes I used to fit in, and look like I used to look. I am happy to fit in one chair when I sit on the bus, and don't have to squish to fit.

I still have health problems. Loads of them. I am not happy about that. Losing the weight did nothing for that.

I am happy that my blood pressure and cholesterol are normal, especially with my inactivity. I am happy that my situation is not causing weight related health problems.

I have many many many (too many) problems in my life right now that I am unhappy about and working through. Losing weight did not fix my problems or my life. It did fix my bmi from obese to normal.

I would say it makes me extremely happy to put on my old clothes and look exactly like I used to look. I feel sick, but I look like me again. At 192 pounds and sick I didn't recognize myself. At 140 pounds and sick I am still sick, but at least I look like myself.

My identity has been in question for some time related to the many many many changes I am going through, and it helps to look like I did. It might sound shallow, but to me it means the world. I used to see myself and cry at what I had done to myself (meds, depression, bedrest, poor food choices with the illness). Now I see myself and cry because I look normal. And that feeling, that happy feeling of being myself with a body that matches me (the me that I believe I am and what I believe I should look like), is priceless.

With my ever changing abilities, or lack thereof, to be successful with small choices I make everyday has meant the world to me. If you lose the excuses and find a way to accept that you are responsible for your weight, you will be able to do whatever it is that you set out to do.

I highly recommend losing the weight if that is what you are seeking to do. It is a way to be responsible and accountable, as well as successful. That (not the weight) is what will make you the happiest :) Knowing that you took time and care to achieve a healthier body to live in!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!