Eating too much?

Options
13»

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    On a side note, living with in laws is never easy. As an adult, living with your own family can be extremely hard. Maybe you are just looking for something to blame them? Are there any plans of moving out? They might be awesome people, and you too might be the easiest person to live with, but still it must be hard. You could just be getting at this stage where if so much as one sneezes the wrong way, it ends up annoying everyone else.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Do they serve you a plate during dinner?Maybe serve it yourself or just ask for less? Also,you don't have to finish all the food given to you.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of deflection and blaming rather than accepting responsibility for one's decisions and discipline. That is what is hindering your weight loss.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    OP, you've lost a lot of weight. I think you have it in you to overcome the obstacles you've put in your way. No one is forcing you to eat. They are adults and they're allowed to have the food they want, and it's their house. You have free will, you don't have to go into the kitchen until meal time. Buy the foods you want, make them, eat them. Is it a requirement for the family unity that you eat meals with them? (I know every family has different dynamics, I'm just asking if you making and eating your own meals would cause too much tension.)

The convenience and budgetary sense it makes to live with them comes with a cost. This is one of those costs. It's up to you to decide if the convenience and cost savings is worth this cost. Accept it and adjust your behavior (either by ignoring their food or negotiating with them like adults), or move out and control your own environment more.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of deflection and blaming rather than accepting responsibility for one's decisions and discipline. That is what is hindering your weight loss.

This.

Sometimes you have to really step back and take a look at what you are doing. It seems you are quick to defend what you do but find it harder to accept responsibility. Do what makes you happy - if you aren't losing weight and it's not making you happy, something needs to give. I hope this has helped in some way :)