Think I hit my plateau...

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In my opinion you should...

...wait a second. I just realized what's going on here.

I wish you nothing but success in all your fitness and health goals. You got this! :flowerforyou: - ©2013
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Add a couple chocolate chip oatmeal cookies per day.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Ice cream & pop tarts. The cure for any plateau.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale and log everything?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^was about to ask this myself.

also, have you changed your exercise activity in the last 4 weeks?

If you open your diary, people can give better input. [Edit - I see it is open now]
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have started to plateau and my friend (who has lost 4 stone) told me to change my food routine, so if you normally have your big meal for tea try having your big meal for breakfast and eat lighter at tea time etc. As your body gets used to your routine.

Also every 2 or 3 weeks have 1 massive meal that makes you feel slightly overfull it will kick start your metabolism. Everytime I change it up I have a 2/3 lb loss the following week and I have never had 2 weeks together without a loss and only 1 gain.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    You have a bunch of unlogged days and even more with only one or two items logged. You are probably eating too much.

Log your food.

Also, due to our cycle, 3 weeks is not a plateau as water weight can mask 'real' weight loss - you need to give it at least 4 weeks.

But, before you even do that - log your food.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    3 weeks is not a plateau.... Over 8 weeks with no movement is.
    My scale weight didn't move for 3 weeks straight and this week it was down 1.9 lbs.

BE PATIENT!

actually it is a plateau, but thanks for the advice! -

What is a true weight loss plateau?

We generally define “plateau” as no weight loss for 2 or more weeks.

http://www.drwayneandersen.com/2011/02/09/how-to-recognize-and-get-through-a-plateau/

"we" as in you and the random people in this article?

WE ( as in me and the rest of the world) defines it as no movement whatsoever, scale and measurements, for 6-8 weeks.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

yes i log everything - i have some days where i didn't log because i was away on business, but i was still watching what i ate
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My scale weight didn't move for 3 weeks straight and this week it was down 1.9 lbs.

BE PATIENT!

http://www.drwayneandersen.com/2011/02/09/how-to-recognize-and-get-through-a-plateau/

WE ( as in me and the rest of the world) defines it as no movement whatsoever, scale and measurements, for 6-8 weeks.

um the we was the quote from the article no need to get your panties in a bunch
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

yes i log everything - i have some days where i didn't log because i was away on business, but i was still watching what i ate

You do not log a lot of the time

In the last month you missed 5 days completely, had one day where you only logged 60 cals for a melon and had 6 days where you only logged breakfast and snacks.

That is 12 days out of 30.

Start logging. Also, use a digital scale if you do not already.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

In the last month you missed 5 days completely, had one day where you only logged 60 cals for a melon and had 6 days where you only logged breakfast and snacks.

Listen to Sara. She speaks truth.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

BE PATIENT!

um the we was the quote from the article no need to get your panties in a bunch

You are remarkably consistent (at least in how you respond to posts you don't like)...

...and consistency is generally a good character trait to have when attempting to improve your health.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    why are you arguing with people who are trying to help you? if you clearly know what you're doing is better than the advice you're receiving then go on your way.

my advice is...be patient. if you dont log your food....start from there. Log every bite.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

^^ This. It is impossible to give informed advice if all the information isn't present. Judging by your diary, we have no idea why you may or may not be plateauing. I also have to agree, three weeks (for women) doesn't really count as a plateau due to our baby making capabilities.

So my advice, log precisely and consistently and have patience.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Why do I continue to think people are being honest with me? You'd think I'd outgrow my innocence after all these years on the Planet.

Ignored.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    12 out of 30 days isn't exactly logging everything.

Also, if you think you're really in a plateau I'm guessing you probably could add some cookies or hummus for extra calories, depending on the recipe used.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Yep.

indeed.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Not a plateau. You are eating more than you think or too much to cause fat loss. I too once thought it was more complicated, but it really is not.