LCHF group

discuss macros and what makes this diet work

Replies

• Squirrelly123
    Squirrelly123 Posts: 2 Member
    Suzipam, I'm with you. Just low carb isn't good enough. LCHF all the way.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    suzipam wrote: »
    discuss macros and what makes this diet work

5 or 10 % carbs, 20 or 25% protein, rest as fat. Starter for 10 - low carb, moderate protein, high fat.

Hunger suppression, nice tasty foods, stable blood sugar all contribute to success. Increased fat oxidation though reduced carbohydrate is the way to get the fat out of your body (providing you don't eat more than you oxidise)
  • clanhowe
    clanhowe Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, I am new to using MyFitnessPal ... I am following LCHF and would like to see mydaily intake represented as a pie chart ..I have seen others do that ... but I cannot for the life of me find out where I go to, to do this. Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    clanhowe wrote: »
    Hi all, I am new to using MyFitnessPal ... I am following LCHF and would like to see mydaily intake represented as a pie chart ..I have seen others do that ... but I cannot for the life of me find out where I go to, to do this. Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance

the app does it (at least on Android) and there's an add-in script for the web site that adds it to Firefox etc - https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript I think is current
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I'm at the lower end of LCHF, and am in ketosis. I too go for 5% C, 20-25% P, and 70-75% F. Ditto everything @yarwell wrote.