For those that eat what they want

Options
124»

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i preplan my days usually

luckily for me the things i love and want to eat can be made to fit easily into my day

once in a while i might have a much more indulgent day and go way over but thats okay with me as long as most of the days im within my goal
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    TexasJade wrote: »
    tiffkittyw-

I am wondering if I should try banking some calories for the weekend. I don't usually carry cals over to the next day. So if you are set at 1200, can you change it for the weekend? Or do you pay it no mind for the weekend and just have another goal in mind?

If I was to set my weight loss goal to only 1 lb my fitness pal would have me eat 1,480 a day. I set it to 1,200 to bank those extra calories for the weekend. I also bank my exercise calories. The last time I lost 30 lbs in 2012 this resulted in a 1 to 1.5 lb weight loss per week depending on how much exercise I got. You can't change the settings just for the weekend but this method has worked for me in the past.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Eating smaller portions of what I like. Halloween and Easter are prime times to pick up snack size candy bars. It's more compromise and subbing than eliminating foods.

I just ordered 6 bags of fun size peanut M&M's off Amazon for when I need chocolate. I may have over ordered, but like you said they are only in stores during holidays and I need that portion control.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    TexasJade wrote: »
    tiffkittyw-

I am wondering if I should try banking some calories for the weekend. I don't usually carry cals over to the next day. So if you are set at 1200, can you change it for the weekend? Or do you pay it no mind for the weekend and just have another goal in mind?

If I was to set my weight loss goal to only 1 lb my fitness pal would have me eat 1,480 a day. I set it to 1,200 to bank those extra calories for the weekend. I also bank my exercise calories. The last time I lost 30 lbs in 2012 this resulted in a 1 to 1.5 lb weight loss per week depending on how much exercise I got. You can't change the settings just for the weekend but this method has worked for me in the past.

customizing by day is one of the premium features. My weekends look mostly different than my days. The additional cost may not be worth it for many people.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I want, which is generally a lot of meat and plenty of veg (normally cooked in butter), fruit, nuts. Some chocolate, popcorn, crisps and cake when I feel like it, pizza every now and then. But mainly meat (I'm a big bacon and eggs fan).

I don't have to log my food eat in a calorie deficit, so I don't have a diary to look at i'm afraid.