10% challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I walk too...That's it for now. Started a light lifting routine but haven't been faithful to it... Still wanting to incorporate that. That's great that you do an hour... good for you!

I try to do something every day (as recommended by my dr.) By something, I mean walk, swim, or bike. I also try to strength train 2-3 times a week and practice yoga 2-4 times a week. My strength training routine focuses on my hamstrings and glutes without doing lunges or squats. I have a knee injury and the physical therapist says that getting these muscle groups stronger will really help my knee.
  • LinziT123
    LinziT123 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So it turns out I have diabetes.....ah f@#k
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    LinziT123 wrote: »

Ah sorry to hear that :(
  • JanolaBarbara
    Options
    LinziT123 wrote: »

F@#k is right. Oh, man, I am also sorry to hear that.
  • nsgmom04
    nsgmom04 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I enthusiastically said I would join in (I know you can't hear my typing....lol) but then I went through a period of blahness. I finally shook it the last week of September. I have joined a move challenge for October. Exercising helps me feel better, emotionally and physically. I just need to remember that when i don't feel like exercising. Anyway I thought of this group. @LinziT123 how is it going? How is everyone else doing?
  • JanolaBarbara
    Options
    While I have been really good logging everything, it's been a challenge sometimes to stay within my calorie goals. Now that I am experiencing major hormonal changes (due to The Change), I've had days where I just want to eat everything, do nothing, and feel depressed. All I can do is get back on track right away and keep on exercising regularly.