Help finding my maintenance calories. Hungry all the time.

Options
Hi everyone!
So I'm done trying to lose weight and I have started maintenance.
I'm 19 yo, 5'1 and weigh 104 lbs.

According to many tdee calculaters, I should be consuming 1350 calories to stay the same weight. And that is with a sedentary lifestyle, which I had but then school started.
According to my fitbit, I walk 8,000-10,000 steps at school.
Then after classes I workout for an hour and a half and burn 300-500 calories 5x a week.

I was eating my maintenance calories (1300) plus my workout calories, but I was still losing and I was feeling hungry all the time.
And yesterday I couldnt take the hunger anymore so I ate 2,100 calories(I had three pbjs and extra fruit) and today I weighed myself and there was no change in scale. Not even an increase.
The crazy thing is I am still really hungry today but I dont want to go over 1300 because I over ate yesterday by like 500 cals.

I hope I'm making sense but I dont think that 1350 is my actual maintenance number. But that doesnt make sense because I'm really short and dont weigh that much....I dont know I see women saying that there maintenance is 1200! And that seems barbaric to me because that was my weight loss intake.

Any suggestions/help??

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If you're maintaining on 1350, how much were you eating to lose? I don't think your maintenance is 1350. Have you tried a TDEE calculator?

ETA, sorry I saw you used a TDEE calculator. You should not be inputting sedentary if you are walking a decent amount and exercising. Include your exercise in these calculators!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    If you're maintaining on 1350, how much were you eating to lose? I don't think your maintenance is 1350. Have you tried a TDEE calculator?

ETA, sorry I saw you used a TDEE calculator. You should not be inputting sedentary if you are walking a decent amount and exercising. Include your exercise in these calculators!

My weightloss calories have always been 1200 >_<
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

My weightloss calories have always been 1200 >_<

And if you were losing .5 pounds per week, add 250 back and there's you're maintenance. Try inputting your stats into a TDEE calculator again but be realistic. You're walking and exercising. You're not sedentary.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I just put your info into IIFYM TDEE calculator, using Lightly Active (spend a good part of the day on your feet), and 5x90min. exercise at moderate intensity. It gives you 1185 as your BMR and 1963 as your TDEE. Try bumping your calories up to 1600 for a week and then gradually increase to 1963 and see how you do there for at least a month. Track your progress and tweak up or down from there.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    I'm done trying to lose weight and I have started maintenance. I'm 19 yo, 5'1 and weigh 104 lbs. According to my fitbit, I walk 8,000-10,000 steps at school.

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE. Connect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Set your goal to maintenance: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

In the MFP app, go to More > Steps and choose Fitbit.

Ignore your Fitbit calorie goal and follow MFP's, eating back your adjustments. No need to log any step-based activity—your Fitbit is tracking it for you. Log non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) either in Fitbit or in MFP—never both. Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your Fitbit burn during that time.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I just put your info into IIFYM TDEE calculator, using Lightly Active (spend a good part of the day on your feet), and 5x90min. exercise at moderate intensity. It gives you 1185 as your BMR and 1963 as your TDEE. Try bumping your calories up to 1600 for a week and then gradually increase to 1963 and see how you do there for at least a month. Track your progress and tweak up or down from there.

^ +1