My goal is to lose 100 lbs

Options
Hi all, l'm finally motivated to lose weight and to improve my health. I know 100 lbs seems daunting, but I feeling that it is attainable. Needing support from like minded people and those who have been in my situation.

Replies

• kelseyhgreene
    kelseyhgreene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs and I'm in the same boat. It's daunting, but completely attainable. I've just started my journey and have already failed a couple times, but I'm pushing on, one day at a time.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Set small goals one day, one pound, one step at a time.
    Just remember you didn't gain it all over nite, so it won't come off over nite. It is doable though.
    Write what you bite, weigh/measure what you eat.
    I pre plan/pre log so I know where I stand thru the day and can adjust as the day goes on.
    Slow & steady is the healthy way. You can do it! :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It is very daunting, but completely attainable. Just remind yourself that it time is going to pass whether you do it losing the weight or not. The longer you do it, the easier it gets. It also helps to set small goals for youself, maybe ten pounds at a time. Send me a request if you like and good luck!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    100 sounds like a daunting number but it is totally achievable, I promise you :)
    Stay strong and remember - don't restrict yourself from food you love, Moderation is key.

Best of luck!
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    All of the above are absolutely correct. I had more than a 100 lbs to lose and so far have left 86 behind me. I set 2 lb a week goals, fill out my food diary everyday, pre-plan my food for the day, and support other people on this site. Don't think of the big number - it makes it too unfathomable that you will ever get there. But if you think about losing 1 or 2 lbs a week your mind can accept that as doable. You can do this Betty. Friend me if you'd like.
  • Dutchy_77
    Dutchy_77 Posts: 1,695 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    im with you! i plan on loosing 90 lbs or 40 kg. ive lost 11 kg so far that's 24.25 lbs so in 2 months im 25% down! and i feel great. im full all the time just eat healthier.

my plan is to be sub 220 on 1 jan 2016.
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good luck Betty! I know it might seem impossible when you have such a large amount, but just take it little by :) I had in total 110 pounds to lose! Now 1 year and 4 months later, I'm down 64 pounds! I really want to lose the weight, but I'm not in a hurry since I rather take it a little slower, learn portion control, and do it in a healthy way.
  • pgauri
    pgauri Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, i want to lose 25kg. I started last week. Lost 1kg in a week. I am eating healthy and joined a 6 pack challenge in a gym.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    its doable. i started nearly 3 years ago. within a year I had lost 100 pounds, went from walking a mile to running 5. i walk to the stores now, ride my bike, do yoga, eat wisely 90% of the time. my tips, get a digital scale, weigh everything, log everything, move a little more each day. get a HRM and find exercises you enjoy, eat foods you enjoy, dont eat 1200 calories a day, trust me, you can eat more at your weight and still lose. its simple. eat less than you burn and once you know a rough estimate of those numbers, it all comes down to choice.
  • sistermargret
    sistermargret Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just walked a mile in 25 minutes! My personal best. I've only lost 5 lbs but my shorts just fell off on my walk, so I guess I am doing something right. LOL
  • sistermargret
    Options
    I didn't think going from 250 to 245 would pants you in public. LOL o:)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    airangel59 wrote: »
    Set small goals one day, one pound, one step at a time.
    Just remember you didn't gain it all over nite, so it won't come off over nite. It is doable though.
    Write what you bite, weigh/measure what you eat.
    I pre plan/pre log so I know where I stand thru the day and can adjust as the day goes on.
    Slow & steady is the healthy way. You can do it! :)

^ this!

• magpie1659
    magpie1659 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where there is a will there is a way!!! Will, to do it!! I have the same goal and all the will to do it, I know it will take about a year but in the blink of an eye we will get there !! :)
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You all got this! I'm in the same boat, it's hard at times, but others will be there for you to keep you motivated!
  • Wilcoan
    Wilcoan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have more than a 100pounds to loss. I decided it was time to take this in small goals. If I can loss 42 lbs and get under 200 its a start. I spent the last month adding a different green vegetable to lunch and dinner. Now I'm looking to exercise 30 mins a day.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90, one day at a time. You can do it! Just worry about today and tomorrow will take care of itself.
  • sistermargret
    Options
    Just make sure your pants don't fall off in public.
    :)
  • Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We totally got this! How do you move forward? One step at a time! :)
  • lildutchgirl79
    lildutchgirl79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting a 100lb journey.

5 years ago I lost 80lbs in a year doing calorie counting....then I let pregnancy and comfort eating take over, and gained it all back + 20. Ugh! But I'm starting over NOW.
  • SlimCuki
    SlimCuki Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal is a bit over 100, but one of my milestones is the 100lbs. I'm there with you!