So in theory you could do no exercise at all and still lose weight with a deficit

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    If you've lost weight via CICO it's because you reduced your carbs in the process.

Not necessarily true. I eat lots of carbs and am still losing.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If you've lost weight via CICO it's because you reduced your carbs in the process.

carbs are easy to flex in a diet...but you said 10% carbs which is keto...keto isn't necessary to lose weight...low carb isn't necessary to lose weight....moderating carbohydrate intake to make for a more well rounded and balanced diet is not the same as low carbing or keto....

roughly 50% or so of my diet is carbohydrates...I eat a lot of veg, fruit, legumes, lentils, quinoa, brown rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc...

maybe you should stop posting now.
  • FreezingDan
    FreezingDan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Down 70 lbs. avid cyclist. never hungry.
  • SimpleGirlNoche
    SimpleGirlNoche Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually do this now, but I know the more I lose the more I will need to incorporate exercise into my lifestyle. For me, I don't think a deficit can be sustained solely from dieting once my caloric goals drop below 1300
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Did Friday come early this week?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    If you've lost weight via low carb CICO it's because you reduced your carbs calories in the process.

Fixed it for you.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Nope. I didn't cut out any carbs, I like carbs too much. My calories in was reduced by cutting out foods like chips and ice cream, but I ended up compensating by eating more bread, so really, no. I didn't cut carbs down at all.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just yes. Losing weight is not a math equation. It's a physiological transformation from storing fat to burning fat. The only way to burn fat is to reduce insulin levels. And the only way to that is by reducing your glycemic load.

The actual results of a lot of us here shows otherwise.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Not a theory it's fact.
  • FreezingDan
    FreezingDan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's a tough pill to swallow. Here you've all been starving yourself and self-congratulating yourself because you have such good will power. Then someone comes along and pokes holes in your theory and, instead of looking at it objectively, you prefer to instantly dismiss the messenger.

Fine with me. Enjoy your starvation ritual
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    It's a tough pill to swallow. Here you've all been starving yourself and self-congratulating yourself because you have such good will power. Then someone comes along and pokes holes in your theory and, instead of looking at it objectively, you prefer to instantly dismiss the messenger.

This seriously made me laugh outloud, I'm not sorry. Starvation ritual? Mmm no. I eat plenty thank you!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

I see Vismal is your pal have you explained it all to him?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

I'm dismissing the erroneous message. If that means dismissing the messenger along with it ... so be it.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    funny-real-life-fanta-sea-fantasy-pics.jpg

7 out of 10, had me going for a little bit.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Starvation ritual? That makes no sense. I'm certainly not starving and I'm fairly sure others here aren't as well. Cutting carbs may have worked for you, and there are some people that have to because of medical reasons, but that's not what causes weight loss. Weight loss is caused by burning more calories than you consume. That's it. There's no magic food you have to eat or not eat, there are no evil foods, and not everyone can lose weight with the same eating habits. The statements you have made have been broad and really don't apply to most people, and you're complaining that we're bitching about you 'poking holes in our theories'? Pot, kettle dude. Seriously.

I don't have good will power, that's why a lot of foods that I know I will snack mindlessly on don't get stored in my house. That doesn't mean I won't eat them, I've just found ways to eat less of them. Nothing magic about that. And as it works FOR ME, it's not a theory. There are all kinds of ways to lose weight, some aren't very healthy, but they all boil down to the same thing: burning more calories than you consume. Period. You can do it by lowering the amount of calories you consume, burning more calories than you were before, or a combination of the two. How you do it is up to you; what works for one may not work for others. If cutting carbs worked for you, more power to you. It didn't for me and I'm perfectly fine. So you might as well climb off your high horse and stop preaching your own theory as fact when it's not.

Starvation ritual. *snork*
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Of course you can lose weight without exercise. This is why people lose weight when they are sick and just lay in bed not eating.