Clean Eating difficulties...

Options
13»

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I am eating clean for a straight 30 days and omg it is expensive. I bought fish and mussels over the weekend with a ton of fruit and fruit bars for a snack..lara bars.

And this is an excellent example why OP needs to define "clean" for her. Fruit bars are processed. Based on most definitions of "clean" they would not be clean.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I am eating clean for a straight 30 days and omg it is expensive. I bought fish and mussels over the weekend with a ton of fruit and fruit bars for a snack..lara bars.

And this is an excellent example why OP needs to define "clean" for her. Fruit bars are processed. Based on most definitions of "clean" they would not be clean.

Well, when I pick a strawberry from my garden and throw it in the freezer, I have technically processed it. I think what the clean eating model wants you to avoid is Ultra Processed foods.

Lara Bars are minimally processed:

ARE LÄRABAR ORIGINAL FRUIT & NUT BARS UNPROCESSED?

LÄRABAR® Original Fruit & Nut bars are made by a simple process in which fruit, nuts, and spices are ground and mixed together. They are not baked or cooked. We use a handful of ingredients, as close to their natural state as possible.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Graceious1 wrote: »
    Something I do that helps me to get more veg in my life is to buy it then chop and dice it up then put it in containers. This way I can reach for it an make a stir fry or salad using the veg I want to use. You can simply use rock salt and black pepper to add flavour but as I am Jamaican I use various Jamaican herbs and spices from The Dunns River brand.

Another thing I have done is swapped condiments. So instead of having Mayo, I use natural yogurt, instead of white rice I have brown. So with things you like that may be processed and of full of transfats look for the healthier alternatives. This cleaning up or food swapping has really helped me to feel much better within myself and positive thinking helps too.

All the best with your quest

Though, brown rice has more calories along with more nutrients, so if you are meeting nutrients it might not matter.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about "clean" eating being expensive. My diet of Lobster and Oysters is hitting me hard in the pocket.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »

Well, when I pick a strawberry from my garden and throw it in the freezer, I have technically processed it. I think what the clean eating model wants you to avoid is Ultra Processed foods.

Lara Bars are minimally processed:

ARE LÄRABAR ORIGINAL FRUIT & NUT BARS UNPROCESSED?

LÄRABAR® Original Fruit & Nut bars are made by a simple process in which fruit, nuts, and spices are ground and mixed together. They are not baked or cooked. We use a handful of ingredients, as close to their natural state as possible.

I do not try to eat clean personally. Just pointing out that unless OP clarifies what she wants or does not want to eat, "clean" can mean anything. From just avoiding fast food places, to eating only vegetables that grow in yoru own garden.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    http://d1ujpofy5vmb70.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CE54_MealPlan_WEB.pdf

2 week eating plan and shopping list. NOTE: This poster does not claim knowledge of what definition was used, does not care who thinks of what food or food group, who eats chicken droppings versus just the chicken, eats the chicken on the range, from the range, bought the range, or has a free range. This poster is not endorsing any one definition of clean eating or the foods in the above list hitherto and/or aforementioned.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    http://d1ujpofy5vmb70.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CE54_MealPlan_WEB.pdf

2 week eating plan and shopping list. NOTE: This poster does not claim knowledge of what definition was used, does not care who thinks of what food or food group, who eats chicken droppings versus just the chicken, eats the chicken on the range, from the range, bought the range, or has a free range. This poster is not endorsing any one definition of clean eating or the foods in the above list hitherto and/or aforementioned.

Drippings or droppings? :D

Never mind - they are both unclean, and very, very bad :#