Apple Watch

Options
13»

Replies

• scarletvikarby
    scarletvikarby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    j264cfdnyia1.png

I am doing Body Beast so use open for that. I've had my watch since launch day and love it. I've collected quite a few achievements as well.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats.
    :( I have to try harder.
  • BradleyEast1974
    BradleyEast1974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!
  • BradleyEast1974
    Options
    Shoechick5 wrote: »
    Thanks - I got the Sport Watch yesterday. Loving it!! Feels so strange though to not wear my fitbit for the first time in years.

Way better, I'm sure !!! Does so much !
  • BradleyEast1974
    Options
    ajesmum wrote: »
    Do you wear your Apple Watch religiously? I do! Keeps me on track !!!

I did when I first received it; now it's a hit and miss -- don't like wearing it when I'm lifting but will when doing cardio.

I wear when I lift. Sometimes feels uncomfortable, but want it to continue getting data
  • BradleyEast1974
    Options
    vollans wrote: »
    Shoechick5 wrote: »
    what model do you guys recommend? is the sports version enough?
    They're all identical internally, so it's purely visual and how robust they are. I've got the 38mm sports, and it's more than enough. And with third party straps being readily available now, it's easier to change the look when you feel like it.

I want to get a white one. Got the the black strap. Mine too is smaller version! Love it !!! Only take off to charge at night!!

NOTE: get apple care for this!!! More than likely it will get bumped !!! You'll want it someday !!!
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The Runtastic WatchOS2 app is... flakey. Whilst in theory it records heart rate, it stopped about 5 minutes into my 50 minute session today, so the calorie count is all wrong, and yesterday it refused to stop when commanded. It also is only writing about half a workout to the rings! So the Health app shows the correct active calories, yet bizarrely the rings show about half of them. That was really frustrating.

Stick with the standard watch app if you use that, or your normal iPhone app.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Are you guys wearing a chest strap with your watches?
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a chest strap connected to MapMyFitness for the detail, and use the built in heart monitor with the workout app. I've spent a week trying the Runtastic app that uses the watch, and it's not been a good experience - far less reliable than the standard workout app in the watch.