CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Low carb today.....I'm going to be tweaking my calories the next coming week, and staying clear of the cheat meals. Is anyone going to slingshot ?
  • fitsteph78
    fitsteph78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about trying it, but since I am only in my first week, I want to see how my weight loss is in the first 3 weeks before I decide completely. I am going on vaction around Thanksgiving, so I think I will definitely utilize it then.
  • mommy8431
    mommy8431 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today is low carb day, but I can't seem to kick my sugar habit. Any ideas especially on low carb days?
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have an extremely hard time with my sugar addiction. Especially on the weekend, Try using some protein bars to help take the edge off. You may want to try the tip Chris Powell gave in his Choose to Lose book - Eat one tablespoon of almond butter and then wait for 15 mins. I didn't have much luck with this. I have a confession - I once gave up sugary foods for six weeks (I was doing the six week body makeover program.) and the craving never went away. I haven't had as much trouble this time but I think it may be because the protein powders and bars I consume are sweet. Let me know if you find a special trick to appease your sugar demon.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    mommy8431 wrote: »
    Today is low carb day, but I can't seem to kick my sugar habit. Any ideas especially on low carb days?
    When a craving hits try eating a fat....cheese, nut butters, etc.....and a protein if need be.....your calories may be up a bit, but after a few days like this Ive found my cravings to go down as well as my hunger

• SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth too. (Hence, my addiction to sugar free gum) I usually chew crazy gum flavors to help with the cravings or grab a sugar free jello cup or make a Mio slushie. It's definitely been getting better though the longer I've been carb cycling and eating healthy. The healthier flavored peanut and almond butters help too since they have a sweeter taste and feel like I'm "cheating".
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Laura - what is a Mio Slushie??
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Tiff - you have quite a range of clothes in your closet - lol !!!! What size are you most comfortable in ? Keep up good work !!!

I'd be happy in a size 4 or size 6 :smile:
  • Db8688
    Options
    Found a youtybe channel called BeFit has multiple workout videos including some by Jillian Michaels
  • Db8688
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Low carb today.....I'm going to be tweaking my calories the next coming week, and staying clear of the cheat meals. Is anyone going to slingshot ?

Considering giving the slingshot a try next week while on vacation. I have a bag loaded with protein shakes and bars for quick meals but I'm sure we'll be eating out once a day.
  • Db8688
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Found a youtybe channel called BeFit has multiple workout videos including some by Jillian Michaels

YOUTUBE
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    afptpar2omno.jpg
    To the Birthday Girls !!!!!! Hope you have a spectacular weekend !!!!
  • gwhiteperry
    gwhiteperry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I began carb cycling July 11to help me after struggling to get to onederland. Once I arrived in onederland, my next goal was to be overweight. I have lost 14.5 pounds and am .80 lb. from reaching that milestone. Once I get to the overweight category, I want to lose an additional 5-7 lbs. so that I will still be overweight if I gain a pound or two. I have lost 110 pounds (intentionally) in total at this point. I need help staying focused and motivated when the pounds get stubborn and refuse to move.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Welcome @gwhiteperry !! Congratulations on your 110 pound lost and for achieving many milestones !! We are here to help and offer support !!!
  • Db8688
    Options
    Thank you pwrfl1! I love me some Captain Jack!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Thank you pwrfl1! I love me some Captain Jack!
    Don't we all ?? ;)

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks! Yesterday was my bday. So I am going to be trying something new soon im hoping to incorporate with carb cycling bc I am having gut issues (ibs c) its called the gut balance revolution. I need to find out what my trigger foods are.

I have been eating out more than normal so I am trying to get back on track. I ate healthy tho! Except I had a big burger on my bday and it was awesome.

I found for a sweet tooth dark chocolate 70%. Helped alot. Also I take to having stevia after awhile real sugar things are too sweet. And jif natural pb when o get a choc craving.cause its a bit sweet.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    dpn95otsjgdq.jpg
    This is me fridaygu6bmtle5bh1.jpg
    This is me about 220s and around 5 months ago.

I am now in the 206 range. I was so astonished with the black dress. 1. It fit and was loose! 2. It was not made short by my belly or butt 3. To realize I am not wearing a compression garment and look flat 4. Omg I rock!
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Oh btw the red dress did not fit me initially I looked like a sardine when I finally got it on! Then it got to this pic where I fit it! Now its loose:( ok onto red dress number 2! Well itl be awhile as its a small!
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Oh btw the red dress did not fit me initially I looked like a sardine when I finally got it on! Then it got to this pic where I fit it! Now its loose:( ok onto red dress number 2! Well itl be awhile as its a small!

Congrats Angel! That is the best feeling on earth.