CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    @tiffkittyw are you set now to keep going with medication change.. I hope your doc has you "hooked up" now...

You have not been doing ok, you have been doing fantastic with 13 lbs in 7 weeks...

The scale issue being set wrong would have made me sigh at first then I would have jump into my happy dance!! :):):)
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Well I just returned from the doctor and she put me on Thyroid medication, 2,000 units of D3 (I was already taking 1,000), and B12 :neutral: I'm a mess. I told her I've been trying to lose weight and she said my under active thyroid might make it difficult, but I think I've been doing ok (13 lbs in 7 weeks). On a positive note, the young lady who weighed me in set the scale to 100 before she realized it needed to be set at 150. At least she doesn't think I'm as fat as I really am :smile:
    I bet you have lost some inches with those 13 pounds ! Congrats Tiff in taking control of your health and working on losing weight. Most Americans are low in D3, and when at proper levels in the system it will help keep the pounds off ! I know many ppl that have to take a lot of units of D3..... Also, When you balance the thyroid, so many other hormones will become balanced as well. You can do this Tiff, hang in there!
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! I need to have the lab work repeated in early December to see if everything is working for me.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested in following this thread. I just started on LCHF yesterday. I'm going to give it a full 30 days to see how my body changes. Reading your (previous) posts has been very informative! Thanks!
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well I just returned from the doctor and she put me on Thyroid medication, 2,000 units of D3 (I was already taking 1,000), and B12 :neutral: I'm a mess. I told her I've been trying to lose weight and she said my under active thyroid might make it difficult, but I think I've been doing ok (13 lbs in 7 weeks). On a positive note, the young lady who weighed me in set the scale to 100 before she realized it needed to be set at 150. At least she doesn't think I'm as fat as I really am :smile:

13lbs in 7 weeks is AMAZING! Hopefully the medication will help where it needs to but from the sound of it, you've totally got this! And regardless of what the scale really said, that's still an awesome feeling for someone else to estimate you lower than you are. :)
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks Laura :smile:
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    I'm very interested in following this thread. I just started on LCHF yesterday. I'm going to give it a full 30 days to see how my body changes. Reading your (previous) posts has been very informative! Thanks!
    Welcome ! Let us know how you are doing wth the LCHF way of eating ! Many people have great results with that. I tend to follow that way on my low carb days ...
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

That's a pretty impressive loss! Doctors don't know everything especially when it comes to personal determination. Don't let that doctor dampen your determination! While I do hope the thyroid issue is totally taken care of I have no doubt you will reach your goals!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks DB!
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tiff! That is awesome. My mom and sis on thyroid meds and I know from them that it can be frustrating and take a bit of time for changes. I wish you well (but again, you seem to be doing great!).
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Hi guys... I carb cycle.. Can I join in the fun? Good thread... :)

Hi and welcome! What cycle do you tend to follow? Has it worked for you?

• tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks Sarah!
  • rizateena
    rizateena Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HI all, I have started LCHF diet last week. Im on thyroid meds and metformin for PCOS. I am not diabetic. Really want to lose weight :|
  • PlayYourCarbsRight
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Anyone cares to share what they're eating today? For breakfast I had 2 scrambled cream cheese eggs with diced onions and peppers and cubed ham. For lunch I'm having leftover taco salad, dinner is kind of up in the air.. My snacks usually depends on what I'm feeling at the time. For snacks I have packed guacamole with sliced peppers, dannon light and fit greek yogurt and almonds. Happy Hump Day!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Anyone cares to share what they're eating today? For breakfast I had 2 scrambled cream cheese eggs with diced onions and peppers and cubed ham. For lunch I'm having leftover taco salad, dinner is kind of up in the air.. My snacks usually depends on what I'm feeling at the time. For snacks I have packed guacamole with sliced peppers, dannon light and fit greek yogurt and almonds. Happy Hump Day!

Today I'm doing a high carb day. I just started thyroid medication so around 10 am I will have my protein shake for breakfast, lunch is tuna with light mayo on a 100 calorie sandwich thin, dinner is bean and cheese tostadas, snacks are Greek yogurt, Apple, 100 calorie popcorn, and a high protein granola bar.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone .....I have changed from carb cycling to low carb with higher protein and fats ....Wishing everyone the best :)
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone .....I have changed from carb cycling to low carb with higher protein and fats ....Wishing everyone the best :)

Let us know how it works for you! I love carbs too much so I don't think I could do it.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am always over on fat so I thought I would try this method ...I will def. let you know how it works for me :)
  • PlayYourCarbsRight
    Options

That's the plan I'm actually on now. But I'm going insane without the Carbs. I'll be transitioning over to cycling next week. Good luck to you!
  • PlayYourCarbsRight
    Options
    Today I'm doing a high carb day. I just started thyroid medication so around 10 am I will have my protein shake for breakfast, lunch is tuna with light mayo on a 100 calorie sandwich thin, dinner is bean and cheese tostadas, snacks are Greek yogurt, Apple, 100 calorie popcorn, and a high protein granola bar.

I forgot to ask you..Are you following Chris Powell's plan or have you modified the concept to fit your goals?