CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    How was Las Vegas @tiffkittyw ? And your gluten free celebration @SpectacuLaura ?? Here we are starting a new month today ! I hope you all had a fabulous time with family and friends!!! Bring on the Holiday Cheer !!!!

Well, I pretty much feasted on gluten free goodness for the past week! Thanksgiving was amazing and I always take off a few days from work after the holiday to bake cookies and just have fun with my mom. Needless to say, my sugar intake was insane this past week lol. And boy, can I tell! I've had headaches and just feel so sluggish. But it was definitely worth it for some fun time splurging with my mama :)

Ready to start this month fresh and back on track and end the year feeling healthy and accomplished!
    There is nothing like spending time with Momma !! Sounds like you are ready to RocknRoll Laura !!! Just think, we are all " Getting it Done" and will be celebrating our improvements come Jan 1 instead of planning our weightloss on Jan 1 !!!!

• tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Our post is getting lost so I felt the need to bump it. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! I'm starting a week diet break today so hopefully I don't gain.
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Tiff! Great profile pic! Looks like you are still doing awesome! :)
    Hope everyone here has a Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks DB! 26 lbs down :smile: I took that photo this morning at work because it's really hard to work the day before vacation! You're also doing awesome! Your weekly weight loss numbers are impressive.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas ....I hope everyone has a great one :)
  • Db8688
    Options
    Merry Christmas! :)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Happy and healthy new year folks. All the best!
  • Db8688
    Options
    Hope everyone has a happy new year!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Thanks DB! 26 lbs down :smile: I took that photo this morning at work because it's really hard to work the day before vacation! You're also doing awesome! Your weekly weight loss numbers are impressive.
    . Congrats Tiff ! You are doing so well !!

• pwrfl1
    Options
    Happy New Year ! What is everyone eating tonight ??
  • tiffkittyw
    Options

Thanks! I plan to eat some Eggbeaters with cheese and then lots of Vodka to wash it down lol. It will be a quiet evening at home.
  • pwrfl1
    Options

Thanks! I plan to eat some Eggbeaters with cheese and then lots of Vodka to wash it down lol. It will be a quiet evening at home.
    Too Funny !!!! Here's to wonderful evening at home ! cheers !!!
  • diva2classy
    diva2classy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I am new to this group, but not to carb cycling. I started counting macros this past spring. I had a nutrition coach and she started this lifestyle for me. After about a month of weighing everything I ate (High carb, low fat) I could not really lose more than six or seven pounds. I realize that I am very carb sensitive. So then I started reading up on low carb diets. I found carb cycling just reading online some of Chris and Heidi Powell's website. I lost about 15-18 pounds and that is including going on vacation once every 4 to 5 weeks this summer. We actually went on about 6 vacations this year! Needless to say I have fallen off of the wagon. Since returning from Jamaica in the middle of October, between October and December I gained about 15 pounds. I have started since January 2nd back carb cycling. I feel okay. I am not much of a meal prepper. But my goals are to do 10 things 100% of the time for 100 days. Not all of them are related to weight loss and diet. But some of them are:
    1. drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day,
    2. carb cycling with one cheat day on Saturday, 3. exercising at least five times a week for at least 30 minutes.
    This week I have done well with all of my goals. I hope to use this group as motivation and education to restart my journey. Thank you all for your support!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Welcome Diva, glad to see you here. What kind of carb counts are you following for your cycle plan ? Some of the people here follow Chris Powels high low days, while some people have decided to stay low to very low carbs most days.....regardless, we are glad you found the thread. Feel free to post your thoughts and doings for accountability.
  • debm69
    debm69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Deb and I started eating low carb two and a half weeks ago. I lost 5 lbs the first week and 3 the second. I've been thinking about starting the carb cycling thing (Love the Powells!), but it seems kind of overwhelming. Does anyone have any links to quick info? Thanks!
  • dunkut
    dunkut Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't have any links but after the first week it's pretty easy. I just try to do simple recipes that I can make in bulk easily!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    debm69 wrote: »
    Hi All! My name is Deb and I started eating low carb two and a half weeks ago. I lost 5 lbs the first week and 3 the second. I've been thinking about starting the carb cycling thing (Love the Powells!), but it seems kind of overwhelming. Does anyone have any links to quick info? Thanks!

Pinterest is a great resource. You can find info graphics explaining the low and high carb days. When I was cycling I went two days low carb, then high carb day, then two low carb , then one day high carb with Sunday's being a free day. That's their Turbo version. Another version is just alternating daily with high and low with one day Free. You might also want to look back on this thread in its earlier days we really talked about the different plans. Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you, I hope this helps!
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    anyone still carb cycling? or try something new? I sorta fell off the wagon of cycling and thought just tweeting with my macros might be better but I truly don't know what my macros should be!?!
  • Db8688
    Options
    sarahruss2 wrote: »
    anyone still carb cycling? or try something new? I sorta fell off the wagon of cycling and thought just tweeting with my macros might be better but I truly don't know what my macros should be!?!

I switched from carb cycling to keto. Eating high healthy fat, moderate protein and low carb has finally given me the strength to control my addiction to sugar. Finding your macros depends on several different factors. For the keto eating lifestyle I used the calculator from the site http://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/

Bodybuilding.com is another site I use quite often. They also have a macro calculator.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutrients_calculator.htm
  • dunkut
    dunkut Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am still cycling. I actually bought Chris and Heidi's new book and started the "extreme cycle" at the end of December. It's been fantastic for me, funny how going from the turbo Cycle to extreme has worked so much better. I am finding my body needs the carbs to be successful at losing weight! Lost 8 lbs in January and am down about 45 overall!