CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    DB. Do you think the waist trainer is helping ?
    Maybe just a little. It seems ro make my waist appear longer but my measurements haven't changed. I'm afraid to wear it super tight or for very lo
  • Db8688
    Options
    Sorry phone acting
    Db8688 wrote: »
    DB. Do you think the waist trainer is helping ?
    Maybe just a little. It seems ro make my waist appear longer but my measurements haven't changed. I'm afraid to wear it super tight or for very long

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Ok Peeps ! I've decided to try the Slingshot method Chris Powell talks about.....until Wednesday. For a total of 5 days, because I'm including my weekend ... Let's see if I can get this scale moving a bit !
  • PlayYourCarbsRight
    PlayYourCarbsRight Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone! I’m really interested in starting Carb Cycling next week and would love to be a part of the support system that you guys have here. I've been on MFP for a while but never post!
    I just got done reading Chris Powell’s book Choose More, Lose More. I have currently been following a LCHF plan(I stick to 25g or less whole carbs) which works. However, I think that Carb Cycling would fit more into my life and be more of a long term solution for me or at least keep me from going insane. My exercise routine is pretty much cardio mixed in with strength training 4-5 days per week.

Any advice or recommendations are welcomed!

~Toni
  • Db8688
    Options
    Welcome PlayYourCarbsRight - Plan plan plan, log log log...LOL - you probably already know this. My advice would be not to worry about following the plan rigidly. You may have to tweak your calories or your carb/protein ration to learn what works for you. I can also say that getting the eating down is the first and most important part. Most of us can't out exercise a bad eating plan. You will find we are a pretty supportive group and love to share what works (or doesn't work) for us. There's a variety of information in the the previous posts. We also have low carb and high carb boards up on pinterest. We welcome your input and questions and wish you much success! :smiley:
  • Db8688
    Options
    Ok Peeps ! I've decided to try the Slingshot method Chris Powell talks about.....until Wednesday. For a total of 5 days, because I'm including my weekend ... Let's see if I can get this scale moving a bit !

AWESOME! Hope this gets you the results you're striving for! :smile:
  • Db8688
    Options
    GOAL: This coming weekend I'm replacing sweets (candy, cookies, cake etc) with fruit and or nut butters or greek yogurt. They'll be marking the Halloween candy down soon and I've got to learn to discipline myself! :neutral:
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Let us know how it goes!
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome PlayYourCarbsRight - Plan plan plan, log log log...LOL - you probably already know this. My advice would be not to worry about following the plan rigidly. You may have to tweak your calories or your carb/protein ration to learn what works for you. I can also say that getting the eating down is the first and most important part. Most of us can't out exercise a bad eating plan. You will find we are a pretty supportive group and love to share what works (or doesn't work) for us. There's a variety of information in the the previous posts. We also have low carb and high carb boards up on pinterest. We welcome your input and questions and wish you much success! :smiley:

Can you repost where the low carb and high carb boards are on Pinterest?
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    sybabe35 wrote: »

Can you repost where the low carb and high carb boards are on Pinterest?
    You could follow Db8688 on Pinterest

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hi guys... I carb cycle.. Can I join in the fun? Good thread... :)
  • Db8688
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Hi guys... I carb cycle.. Can I join in the fun? Good thread... :)

Absolutely! Welcome! :)
  • Db8688
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

ban0fgvhquav.jpg

i have this quote saved as a pic in my profile...
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Love seeing new people on this thread ! Oh Happy Dance !!!
  • PlayYourCarbsRight
    Options

I'm so obsessive when it comes to planning my meals! Haha. Found the Pinterest boards! Thanks you guys! I will be starting Sunday as my first LC Day and plan to do the Turbo Plan. I've already learned so much just from reading through the thread.
  • Db8688
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »

ban0fgvhquav.jpg

i have this quote saved as a pic in my profile...

Awesome! I copied it from my Gym's FB page. :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options

I'm so obsessive when it comes to planning my meals! Haha. Found the Pinterest boards! Thanks you guys! I will be starting Sunday as my first LC Day and plan to do the Turbo Plan. I've already learned so much just from reading through the thread.
    I do the Turbo plan too, but I'm Slingshotting for 5 days right now
    Sue
  • tiffkittyw
    Options

ban0fgvhquav.jpg

I love this! Thanks.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Well I just returned from the doctor and she put me on Thyroid medication, 2,000 units of D3 (I was already taking 1,000), and B12 :neutral: I'm a mess. I told her I've been trying to lose weight and she said my under active thyroid might make it difficult, but I think I've been doing ok (13 lbs in 7 weeks). On a positive note, the young lady who weighed me in set the scale to 100 before she realized it needed to be set at 150. At least she doesn't think I'm as fat as I really am :smile: