Customer went too far.

Options

Replies

• NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    @sshats always try to make people feel bad and pull you down...but that is why they are beneath you. sorry you had to deal with that i'd wanna punch her in the throat. lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    At least you're lucky not to have a chicken chest.

I adore karma. :flowerforyou:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I would have gone up to the manager, explained the cituation and how rude she was in hopes they would have asked her to leave and not do business. I have always thought that it goes both ways with a store, that the employer/manager has every right to fire a rude associate, and at the same time kick out a customer who is rude.
  • mothib79
    mothib79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Jealous!! all I have to say :)
    You just keep taking care of you and your body!!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Because so many men want her? :huh:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    a good reply would have been -

"Well I've accomplished many of my life's goals, so this weight is obviously working for me!"

And yes, Karma is a B!tch :laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Bagock!
  • rml_16
    Options
    a good reply would have been -

"Well I've accomplished many of my life's goals, so this weight is obviously working for me!"

And yes, Karma is a B!tch :laugh:

Is that the customer's name? Karma B*tch?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I would have said "That'll be an extra $900."
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    So today at work this VERY overweight woman came into the office and started chatting with me and another girl in the office while she was waiting for an estimate on her car. (I work at a car dealership.) We're having a pretty safe conversation about the weather when SUDDENLY she announces to me that I look like a skeleton and no man will ever want me unless I put on some weight. Then she points to my co-worker who is about 50 pounds overweight and says "Now that's a woman that will go places in the world. She takes CARE of her body."

The audacity of what she said made me want to scream and/or punch her. No offense to my co-worker but she eat fast food twice a day and is totally sedentary. I have put years of painstaking effort into my health and physique, and it was hard not to be flabbergasted and offended by this woman.

Anyone else have an experience with a customer who was totally out of line?

i see your problem...

never talk to strangers.

didn't you learn that as a kid?

:angry:
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    She announces to me that I look like a skeleton and no man will ever want me unless I put on some weight.

How terribly unfortunate for you, considering that, as women, our SOLE purpose in life is to attract a man based on nothing but our looks (that btw, must simultaneously appeal to every single man on the planet or we fail).

Forget about her, you look great and she wishes she had the dedication to health that you do :flowerforyou:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    So today at work this VERY overweight woman came into the office and started chatting with me and another girl in the office while she was waiting for an estimate on her car. (I work at a car dealership.) We're having a pretty safe conversation about the weather when SUDDENLY she announces to me that I look like a skeleton and no man will ever want me unless I put on some weight. Then she points to my co-worker who is about 50 pounds overweight and says "Now that's a woman that will go places in the world. She takes CARE of her body."

I'd be curious to know what your *co-worker* thought at what the woman said. Your co-worker probably knows she has a poor diet and wishes she could lose a little weight and eat better. If I were in her place, I would have been mortified thinking I was being used as an object intended to get under *your* skin.

That customer has some serious issues--not only did she insult you, but she used someone who was down on their luck to do it, probably making both of you feel really bad for who knows what reason (insecurity on the customer's part, most likely).

That is an example of a real Loser-y Lou...and I thought *I* had it bad in customer service over the phone: people say the most outrageous things to us under the cloak of psuedo-anonymity.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i understand how you feel completly. I was 120 pounds and have always have a bit of a pooch but nothing to much and now at 184 (more of a pooch) I get asked multiple times a month..." are you pregnant?" "how far along are you" "whats your due date" and the level of emotion that runs through me rather it be rage, humiliation, and horror all I can do it look at them with a blank expression while im trying to grasp that they just said that to me and firmly say NO! It hurts and its frustrating so I completly understand.:flowerforyou:

When I was young, I remember my dad telling me, "Son, unless a woman tells you, or there is a baby sticking out from between her legs, never, never, never assume or comment that she is pregnant." lol.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I see some irony here.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I see some irony here.
    :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I see some irony here.

the nerve of some people, huh? :wink:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I see some irony here.

Me too!

cluck cluck cluck
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    People are so stupid. In this day and age who would even say something like that???
  • rml_16
    Options
    People are so stupid. In this day and age who would even say something like that???
    The OP would and did so yesterday. So, to start, that's who.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I would have probably had to step out because giving an incredulous stare followed by busting out in hysterical laughter in a customer's face would be considered highly unprofessional.