Stop sabotaging your body! Easier said then done.

Options
I encourage every one to just give this a go...

Im one of those people!
I watched a film and I quit sugar, I watched films like this a million times and it never affected, I tried a million diets and gave up after a few days.

But this time I dedicated to do a whole week without processed food or sugar. For me the big change was only drinking water (and coffee) that meant cutting out soda but also all juice and smoothies which I thought was meant to be healthy.

That week has changed my life, in 8 weeks I lost 8 kilos and I've kept it off. I lived this way for the past 6 months and I just started eating sugar this week to "make life easier" but all I've learnt is I'm sabotaging my health.

I decided to redownload this app, not to count calories cause that achieves nothing but just so this time round I can keep accountability while trying to now factor in exercise.

For the sake of your long term health it's worth giving a go!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Glad you had such great results. :)

I too feel better without sugars.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Just about anything other than onomatopoeia is easier said than done.

Do what works for you, but counting calories achieves a lot for many people.
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I don't understand your post unless you are saying that you have decided to give up junk food.
    If that is the case, I agree. While junk food can be eaten in moderation without negative consequences, at least for me it sure is a lot easier to just do without:
    • No huge portions I then regret
    • No big sugar snacks before bedtime
    • No finding that I ate 5+ granola bars by the end of the day
    • No empty boxes of candy in front of the TV

I find candy to be a handicap, an obstacle to a healthy lifestyle and trim physical fitness. I've never been a consumer of highly processed, high fat/salt/sugar American 'food,' but I would put it in the same category as candy.
  • gracehannah
    gracehannah Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more! It helps when you're counting the right calories like how many in almonds and sweet potato rather than how many calories in icecream and chocolate
  • DeguelloTex
    Options

I couldn't agree more! It helps when you're counting the right calories like how many in almonds and sweet potato rather than how many calories in icecream and chocolate
    Except I lost 122 pounds, brought my blood pressure to like 110/65, got excellent blood work, now fit in the same size jeans as in high school, etc., all while counting the calories in ice cream and chocolate. And almonds. I despise sweet potato.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Factoring in exercise is a good thing. I think having a consistent exercise habit is one of the absolute best things we can do for our health.

Of course, if you get into endurance sports, sugar in various forms is hard to escape. They try to hand it to you when you run by, sometimes.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm always asking this and am NOT trying to start a fight, but am genuinely curious. If you cut out fruits and veggies, where are you getting your vitamins and minerals?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I'm always asking this and am NOT trying to start a fight, but am genuinely curious. If you cut out fruits and veggies, where are you getting your vitamins and minerals?

multi?

Not the same
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

multi?
    Don't ask me! I truly don't know what they do. It's an honest question born out of ignorance and NOT one that was asked because I'm trying to start a stupid Internet fight.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    Where do you see people cutting out fruits and vegetables here?

• queenliz99
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

multi?

Not the same

How do you figure?

No fiber for one
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

multi?
    Don't ask me! I truly don't know what they do. It's an honest question born out of ignorance and NOT one that was asked because I'm trying to start a stupid Internet fight.

I don't think she said she's cutting out fruits and vegetables. Just juice and smoothies (and presumably added sugar).

Granted, it's often hard to tell what people mean.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Where do you see people cutting out fruits and vegetables here?

To be fair, the OP did say she was cutting out sugar - which my initial reaction too was to inquire if that meant she was no longer going to eat fruit.
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

multi?

Not the same

How do you figure?

No fiber for one
    Is fiber a vitamin or a mineral ?

• queenliz99
    Options

multi?

Not the same

How do you figure?

No fiber for one

I'm not sure if you are aware but there are other sources of fiber

Oh really, I did not know that.

Micro nutrients not found in a multi-vitamin.