Quitting Pasta

Options
13»

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta about once a week. It's cheap and fast and filling and I can always add chicken or a couple of eggs for protein. Hasn't hurt me.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta about once a week. It's cheap and fast and filling and I can always add chicken or a couple of eggs for protein. Hasn't hurt me.

About the same here. If you want it, eat it. You can fix it in a lot of different ways, and it's handy for filling out your macro needs.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I find people crave the sauce far more than the actual noodles. I love love love pasta sauce and eat it as salad dressing or on top of cabbage- yum!
    I love pasta sauce with cooked spinach! Of course, I also love it with potato gnocchi :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options
    Pasta is NOT evil! I wish people would stop vilifying carbs or other foods for no good reason.

Watch your portions and if it fits your macros and calories, then enjoy. There is no reason to give it up if you do not want to. The issue is that most people eat a giant plate of pasta that is most likely 3-4 servings. Use it on the side and load up on vegetables and protein with it.

Note: This is all as long as you don't have a gluten intolerance, celiacs, or other medical reason to restrict consumption.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    The moment you "quit" pasta you will want it by the box. Off diet, I rarely eat starchy things out of sheer laziness. On diet when I'm having to trim carbs because that's where the excess is at, I want my daily serving of pasta. It's all psychological.