I think I will just QUIT! This is nonsense...

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You don't have much to lose and you lost 5 lbs in a month. I'd say you were getting higher than average results. Your expectations are too high and unrealistic. That's what you should quit.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What is the point, I only lost 5 pounds in a frickin month busting my *kitten* literally EVERY day- a lot then most people do that actually lose weight.

So, 2 more months and you're done!

You have 11 pounds to lose. You are going to lose slower than people with 100 to lose.

Unfortunate? Yes. Reality? Yes.

5 pounds in a month is wonderful!
  • jessiedell7
    Options
    Thanx to everyone that responded with a positive answer! Definitely changed my mood :)

And now to the downers--> Everyone is allowed a bad day no? Focus on maybe NOT answering a post if you have nothing nice to say :)
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    136 @ 5'8 is fantastic. I hope you someday will see that. If you don't now, you don't. I just hope you get there.

Ditto. Eventually you'll see that you're pretty darned close to perfect as far as weight goes.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Great weight loss! I want to lose 5 pounds and an inch in a month. I have low thyroid. My body wants to hang on to every ounce. You can do this!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    The OP is 5 feet 8 inches and weighs 136 pounds. Anybody stop to ask a simple question? What is an acceptable weight for a girl in her early 20's at that height? Hmmm. Maybe we should answer this question prior to "solving the dilemma". If weighing 132 pounds and being 5 foot 8 inches and doing a lot of cardio is the goal--good luck.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thanx to everyone that responded with a positive answer! Definitely changed my mood :)

And now to the downers--> Everyone is allowed a bad day no? Focus on maybe NOT answering a post if you have nothing nice to say :)

Who wasn't nice?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you're expecting for results, those are good.
  • ogloki
    ogloki Posts: 1
    Options
    Your diet and training are nonsense, plus your perspective is skewed. You are training too much and getting burnt out, that much is obvious. Weight gain is either water retention or muscle gain. I suggest intermittent fasting (sounds extreme but it isn't, look it up) and weight training. **** cardio. :)
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Judging by your picture, you don't look like you have too much to lose. When you are close to your goal, the weight tends to come off more slowly. Stick with it. Even if it's inch by inch, you will see results :)

I Agree with her.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    What is the point, I only lost 5 pounds in a frickin month busting my *kitten* literally EVERY day- a lot then most people do that actually lose weight.

So, 2 more months and you're done!

You have 11 pounds to lose. You are going to lose slower than people with 100 to lose.

Unfortunate? Yes. Reality? Yes.

Some months I wish I would have lost 5 pounds.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a post like this is just someone looking for reassurance. IMO she doesn't want to quit, she wants to be told unequivocally what she already suspects, that quitting is not the answer and in fact she's doing better than she should be expecting. That's one of the points of belonging to a support forum.

No one said this would be easy. They just said it'd be worth it.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If I lost 5 lbs in a month I'd be happier than a witch in a broom factory.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this since March 18th and I have lost a grand total of 10 lbs! I have a physical job, I work with a trainer 2 days a week, and I go to the gym 5 to 6 times a week. Weights and cardio. Only 10 lbs. I don't dream of giving up. I'm 10 lbs lighter! Which I wouldn't have been if I had never started. Stick with it.

P.S. It makes me nuts when I see people losing 20-30 lbs a month. But they're not me. So I suck it up and keep on keeping on.
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What an excellent quote. The time WILL pass anyway. May as well let it pass doing the work instead of giving up and gaining it back.
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    According to your height of 5' 8" your ideal healthy weight is 147 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 131 and 164 pounds.You are tiny at 136!! All the exercise is probably firming you up a lot too. Looks to me like you are where you should be. Just sayin! Maybe quitting isn't a bad idea.
  • SummerNights32
    SummerNights32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are working out 6 times a week and only eating 1200 calories a day? I think I would pass out.

On another note, based on your picture, I am not sure why you feel you need to lose weight. If you want a change in your body, stop looking at the scale, and start lifting weights.
  • mojo501976
    mojo501976 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Okay, first DON'T GIVE UP! That was my mistake a couple of years ago. The weight will come back on and most of the time, it doubles and then becomes even harder to get back off! Stop focusing so much on losing more pounds and focus on what you have done so far and what you are doing now. Keep your routine going strong. You might just need to change a few things about your routine. Try weights incorporated with stretching. Attend a yoga class. Get a jump rope. Try Zumba. All of these things can make a difference. Also, get out of the gym for a bit and try things outside. Running on pavement or gravel is has a lot more friction than running on a treadmill.

These are all things that I have learned over the last few years.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    According to the BMI Index, a girl that is 5'8 should weigh between 126-154 lbs. You weigh just that, and the BMI Index is seen normally as on the low side of the spectrum. I'm not sure what your reason is for losing weight, but you ARE at a natural and healthy weight.

I would say that you're not losing anymore because it's unnatural for your body to do so. On top of that, you're not eating nearly enough calories if you're working out everyday. Please take care of yourself.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You're at goal!