It just won't shift

Options

Replies

• amandajaneowen
    amandajaneowen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    You need to get past the idea its about the types of food you are eating and look more closely at the amount.
    You are eating more thna you think and burning less with the result being you are at maintenance and not at the deficit you need to lose. If you have just over a stone to lose and its not gone in 9 months then its not being impatient thats the problem. If you have veen losing slowly then your deficit is smaller than you realise.

I am very strict at counting my calories I stick to my daily amount and know if I go over by small bit .I know how much I burn as I have personal trainer my daughter is trained instruter.
    Had message about thyroid check from a mfp so will check that .Thanks for message
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    [uote="RuNaRoUnDaFiEld;33947675"]
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Losing weight is not about the "type" of food. It is how "much" food.
    Be patient.

I just don't like fats it's a health choice ,I lost my mum to stroke/ cancer .and just few month ago my dad to cancer/ heart disease .my daughter also battled cancer 2 years ago age 25 all non smokers .so I stick to healthy food Types like veg salad grains fruits and soya nuts etc
    Sometimes it gets boring lol but it's in my head lol .Thank you for advice yes I should be more patient

Wow you have been through the mill! A hug to you.

Fats didn't cause any of that to happen, we need dietary fats in our diets. They insulate us and move our vitamins around our bodies to name just a few of there uses.
    Thank you but sadly dad had badly clogged up heart which was due to fat his heart could not take the strain of treatment.
    I do have oil such as fish oil and pure olive oil
    Nut oil .maybe at 5.4 and size 10 uk it don't matter that I am 10st 7 .[/quote]

Dietary fats don't cause fatty hearts or Atherosclerosis. Over eating does and over eating trans fats.

• donna70s
    donna70s Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    donna70s wrote: »
    Have you had your thyroid checked?
    No good thinking ,thank you

Let us know how you get on x
  • amandajaneowen
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    No comment on your guesstimating portion sizes?

Or do you only want to hear what you are telling yourself?

It's a scientific fact we ALL underestimate what we are eating. Numerous studies have proven this. By weighing our food and logging everything, we are doing our very best, but even even even then we have problems. You're nowhere near that stage, and have much to learn. Be honest with yourself, my dear fellow MFPer. You deserve accuracy and efficacy.

Thank u for advice
    But I am more than anwear of my portion size .
    I don't have great big amounts on my plate I only eat what I put on my plate and Do not snack .
    I eat veg and salad nuts fish ,soya .
    I have protein shake made with rice milk .
    I am very strict with myself .
    I do not eat out or have take aways as don't know the calorie count in these .

• amandajaneowen
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. You're not weighing your food.

You need to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

I don't weigh salad or veg this is true and just go by size of fish or small tin of tuna etc maybe I should start I do eat rice now and again so will start weighing that .Thank you
  • amandajaneowen
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. You're not weighing your food.

You need to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

I don't weigh salad or veg this is true and just go by size of fish or small tin of tuna etc maybe I should start I do eat rice now and again so will start weighing that .Thank you
    Great advice in video thank you .
  • amandajaneowen
    Options
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    Have you been advised by a doctor to stick to 800 calories per day? That's super low. I'd investigate your logging a little. I see a bunch of 'x eggs' and '1 cup' and '1 portion'.
    I eat maybe 3/4 eggs a week u see I don't eat meat and have eggs now and again .
    I use the portion and cup application on mfp as a guide will look into how to log without the application guide on here Thank you
  • amandajaneowen
    Options
    Have you been advised by a doctor to stick to 800 calories per day? That's super low. I'd investigate your logging a little. I see a bunch of 'x eggs' and '1 cup' and '1 portion'.
    I eat maybe 3/4 eggs a week u see I don't eat meat and have eggs now and again .
    I use the portion and cup application on mfp as a guide will look into how to log without the application guide on here Thank you

Yes Dr put me on 800 daily as I have colon problems and can't eat many foods.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You need to get past the idea its about the types of food you are eating and look more closely at the amount.
    You are eating more thna you think and burning less with the result being you are at maintenance and not at the deficit you need to lose. If you have just over a stone to lose and its not gone in 9 months then its not being impatient thats the problem. If you have veen losing slowly then your deficit is smaller than you realise.

I am very strict at counting my calories I stick to my daily amount and know if I go over by small bit .I know how much I burn as I have personal trainer my daughter is trained instruter.
    Had message about thyroid check from a mfp so will check that .Thanks for message

You are measuring using cups and servings. That is not very strict but an inferior method of counting when compared to weighimng with a scale. You are either at deficit or you are not. You are not losing for a sustained period according to you hence the conclusion is that you are not at deficit.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Your logging is inaccurate.
    Your exercise burns are over estimated.
    Your basic knowledge of nutrition is flawed.
    You are not creating a sustained calorie deficit.

All the above are easily solvable by reading the replies in this thread.
  • amandajaneowen
    Options

Yes Dr put me on 800 daily as I have colon problems and can't eat many foods.

You are measuring using cups and servings. That is not very strict but an inferior method of counting when compared to weighimng with a scale. You are either at deficit or you are not. You are not losing for a sustained period according to you hence the conclusion is that you are not at deficit.

Yes I have seen that I use the application on mfp to log food but never weigh food or put my salad etc in a cup lol I must try and log food dairy more carefully and not just push the mfp application on cups etc may be I should weigh the salad veg fruit etc and log it as weight thank you for your good advice
  • amandajaneowen
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Your logging is inaccurate.
    Your exercise burns are over estimated.
    Your basic knowledge of nutrition is flawed.
    You are not creating a sustained calorie deficit.

All the above are easily solvable by reading the replies in this thread.

Thank you for advice But my calories burned are not over estimated
    And my knowledge is very much upto date .
    I eat a very health diet I am 47 a granny of 3
    And work as mental health nurse so I am more then awear of healthy diets etc
    I am not one for fried food and cakes and high sugar foods .It has been brought to my attention my lack of weigh loss may be due to a medical condition I have and will be seeing my consultant .It amazed me how many negative comments I have recived and only a hand full of helpful ones
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    They aren't negative comments, they just aren't what you wanted to hear. There is a difference.

There is no such thing as a perfectly accurate measurement of a calorie burn, you literally cannot say there is a 0% chance they are not over estimated.

Also, the previous replies you made do indicate that you do not have as strong a grasp on nutrition as you believe. Of all the replies in this thread, you're showing overwhelming preference to the answers that suit you (like the medical condition) and overwhelming bias against the answers you don't believe are true.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    I bike about 30 miles that's 2004 cals

You think you burn 2004 calories cycling 30 miles? Try half that.

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you are, but some of your food entries are from Tesco so I'm going to assume you are in the UK. The NICE guidelines say that if there are circumstances that mean you have to eat only 800 kcals per day it MUST be monitored closely by your doctor. So, what does your doctor say about your lack of weight loss?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    OP. I'm not sure I'm following.

I don't get the correlation between a 'colon problem / not being able to eat many foods' and being restricted to 800 calories a day. Did your doctor give a rationale for the 800 calories a day? I'd have personally thought with a (presumably) long term colon condition adequate nutrition would be a priority.

Did the medical professional who told you to eat at an extremely low amount of calories not give you detailed information surrounding this and refer you to a dietician for on going surveillance?

How are you managing to fuel this extreme exercise calorie burn on 800 calories a day? Did your Dr not explain that intense exercise on a calorie intake so low is not really recommended?

You say you can't eat many food's, but your diary contains eggs, fish, citrus, fruit, cheese, pasta, bread, vegetables, herbalife shakes, a variety of other shakes, chocolate, macdonalds, and most other common foodstuffs. I can't actually see what's missing.

Your logging is way off and highly innacurate. You are not weighing and you are using inappropriate datasbase entries. I assume you are in the UK, you are logging american entries.

Your exercise burns are massively inflated / inappropriately logged.

Do you actually believe that you are eating 800 calories and burning 1000+ exercise calories, resulting in a negative net calorie intake on a regular basis?

Why would being a MHN mean you have a grasp on healthy diets? Not that you have shown you do.

Nothing here rings true.
  • amandajaneowen
    Options
    Well thank you for your comments they are duly noted and will be taken in as a jugment on my knowledge or apparently lack of !! You would think that after nursing for 25 years and bringing up 2 children I would have learnt something .also a wellbeing nurse so may be My lack in listening is flawed !!! I think Not .i was simply implying if my lack of weight loss was something maybe others had endured. not asking for a test on my knowledge which with having a trained nutritionist in the family you would think would be a little bit better then most ??
    O well off for a run to chase out all the negative comments on my ability to know how many calories are in what and when something has a high fat content. Feel worse now than I did about my Wright so thank you for that
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have been eating healthy for about 9 months now, I don't eat meat not because
    I have views in killing animal but because I am sick of eating rubbish meat not knowing how it was killed and cleaned and what it has been injected with "yuck"
    I don't eat any fried food, any fats ie butter cream etc
    I don t eat cake etc
    Only small amount of bread per werk
    I work out at 4 classes a week
    I run and bike most weeks
    SO WHY DON'T I LOSE THIS EXTRA WEIGHT !!

Eat your healthy fats! Fix those hormones.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If you're unwilling to accept the fact you might be wrong, then there is little point in discussion in a public forum.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Is your daughter a Registered Nutritionist, an Associate Nutritionist, or the "nutritionist" that's selling you the HerbalLife? As a nurse you should be aware that the GMC says:

Wherever possible, you should avoid providing medical care to anyone with whom you have a close personal relationship.

People here are trying to answer the question you posed in your OP, and are giving you great advice. What do you have to lose (other than weight!) by trying it?