Geeky Pals?

Options

Replies

• nosleepinBrooklyn
    Options
    I definitely have some of the same interests as you guys. I finished Vol 1 of Preacher on the subway, and then started on Douglas Adam's Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul.

I'd love more friends on here!
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Yay geeks!

If you like your fitness with a side of geekdom, check out nerdfitness.com...I love when he has lego people demoing the exercises. :)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    BIG Whovian here (well, not so big since losing a lot of weight). I'm also the advisor of my school's Doctor Who Club. #4's my favorite; Capaldi's doing a bang-up job, too!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    I propose a group trip in the TARDIS!

anxiously awaiting the season premiere September 19.

Glad to meet you folks.
    Douglas Adam's Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul.

Thanks, I should check that out! My husband may know that book.
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am so geek that I even choose geeky stuff as subject for my paintings.

Hello fellow geeks. :smiley:

k20ppl.jpg
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,973 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Artemiris wrote: »
    I am so geek that I even choose geeky stuff as subject for my paintings.

Hello fellow geeks. :smiley:

k20ppl.jpg

I love it, where did you find that?
  • Saeraphine
    Saeraphine Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Koorii wrote: »
    Firefly would always win, because Sony sucks (Xbone FTW!).

I'm so sorry you've been brainwashed by the suxbox. :'( Koorii Anne! Listen to me: do not go into the green light! Stop where you are, turn away from it! Don't even look at it!

Teehee :p
  • Artemiris
    Options
    lkaspin wrote: »

The one in the image I painted personally, but the original is not mine, it's an old poster of Doctor Who.
  • Redbeard333
    edited September 2015
    Options
    But make sure you don't blink when looking at weeping angels...

• Saeraphine
    edited September 2015
    Options
    BIG Whovian here (well, not so big since losing a lot of weight). I'm also the advisor of my school's Doctor Who Club. #4's my favorite; Capaldi's doing a bang-up job, too!

I think Capaldi is great too! I wait to watch on Netflix though, so I've gotta awhile before the new season will reach me. (Totally thought you were calling Capaldi #4. I have since seen the error of my ways. You are a classic Doctor Who fan, whereas I am a measly new Doctor Who fan. My apologies, good sir. )My fav will always be Tennant though. Ten and Donna Noble! The Bad Wolf arc was excellent!
  • Saeraphine
    Options
    CharCharJo wrote: »
    Haha yes! :smile: never thought I'd find so many geeky girls on here! I own a geeky online store with my boyfriend and I'm still always shocked when I hear girls talk about the same things I love! :smile: adding!!!!!!

CharCharJo, what's your store? I'd love to check it out! <3
  • Saeraphine
    Options
    lkaspin wrote: »

The one in the image I painted personally, but the original is not mine, it's an old poster of Doctor Who.

OMG, you painted that??? The lines are so clean, it looks like a computer generated graphic!
  • Artemiris
    Options
    Saeraphine wrote: »
    I think Capaldi is great too! I wait to watch on Netflix though, so I've gotta awhile before the new season will reach me. (Btw "#4"?? For shame! 12th! (not counting the forgotten 9th)) My fav will always be Tennant though. Ten and Donna Noble! The Bad Wolf arc was excellent!

The new season is on Netflix. Or maybe just in my country.

Talking about the new Doctor Who, Tennant is my favorite as well. :) (But I loved 9th!)
  • Saeraphine
    Options
    The last episode available on Netflix for me is "Death in Heaven". They just added season 8, eps 1-12, a few weeks ago and I blew through them. It makes me sad when all the new episodes are gone :(
  • Redbeard333
    Options
    I bought last season on Blu-ray as soon as it was announced. The club is just starting "Deep Breath", and some of the kids (who are mostly Nu-Who) are juuuust coming around to liking Capaldi.
  • Artemiris
    Options
    The last episode available on Netflix for me is "Death in Heaven".

Oh, sorry then, I considered the 8th the "new" season.

I loved DW until the 4th season, after that it was sometimes ok, most of the times "meh". I think Moffat is an excellent screenwriter (Coupling is one of my favorite sit-com), Capaldi a great actor, but after season 4 I never felt involved in the episodes.
  • Saeraphine
    Options
    Well, I will say that I don't like how everyone is now just hopping into the Tardis, and I thought Danny was a pretty static character, but other than that, I've thought Capaldi's season was brilliant from the beginning. I love his crotchety Doctor, and while I never liked Clara with Eleven, I'm really enjoying her paired with Capaldi.
  • Saeraphine
    Options
    The last episode available on Netflix for me is "Death in Heaven".
    ... but after season 4 I never felt involved in the episodes.

Aw, so no Matt Smith love, eh? There were quite a few throw away episodes, but I loved the Ponds and River.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I <3 Matt Smith and David Tennant! My kids love Dr. Who as well. There are several groups for people like us. lol