Turbo Fire Challenge!!! Join Me

Options

Replies

• sweetinsanity18
    Options
    Can't wait to get mine tomo. I'm ready to kill this workout ! It's gonna be a blast !!!!!!!!!!!
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to jump in on this group with you! :bigsmile:

So, I got good news: I received my TurboFire yesterday and will be starting it today!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited! The whole package is put together really well, and it makes me so pumped to start it today. I ended up getting the Complete System and it came with the TurboTracker (it's a really cool food/workout journal that goes hand-in-hand with the TurboFire program) which will really help me stay on track.

So, today's workouts are the Fire 30 and Stretch 10. I'll let you know how they go!!! :happy:
  • jerzeediva
    jerzeediva Posts: 72
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to jump in on this group with you! :bigsmile:

So, I got good news: I received my TurboFire yesterday and will be starting it today!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited! The whole package is put together really well, and it makes me so pumped to start it today. I ended up getting the Complete System and it came with the TurboTracker (it's a really cool food/workout journal that goes hand-in-hand with the TurboFire program) which will really help me stay on track.

So, today's workouts are the Fire 30 and Stretch 10. I'll let you know how they go!!! :happy:

Welcome to the group:happy:

I am so amped for you that today is day 1 for you. Please let us know after your workout what you thought about it. I am still waiting for mines but should be in this week. Good luck today and press play!
  • jerzeediva
    Options
    Morning...Morning Gang!:flowerforyou:

I am so excited that today is Monday and I am on week 4 of P90x already. Man where did the time go. But I am also excited because I will be getting my Turbo Fire in the mail any day now so that I can do a hybrid with P90x.. Whooo Hoooo:drinker: :drinker: . So, for everyone that get's their video this week I want everyone to log in and let us know:

1. How did you feel about your first workout?
    2.If you have a Heart Rate monitor..How many calories did you burn and what was your Max HR?
    3.What is your motivating factor for wanting to do Turbo Fire?
    4. What is your goal that you are trying to accomplish?

Well, I gotta eat my first meal it's kinda late and I have to do back and chest today with Ab X. So we shall talk later..
    Have a Great Day!!!
  • aripak
    aripak Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi everybody, I want to join the group, I will need the motivation :)
    I should be getting mine Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm am really excited for something new. I finished P90x a few weeks ago and can't wait to start a new program. I have a body bugg and I am interested to see how many calories these workouts burn.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options

Can you give a rundown of what the workout schedule looks like? Thanks!
  • SaraWo24
    Options
    Hey TurboFire peeps! :bigsmile:

So, I just completed my first two TurboFire classes!!! Oh man...already I can tell that this program is going to seriously kick butt! The first two workouts are Fire 30 and Stretch 10, and the really cool thing about these workouts is that the number of minutes is in the name. So Fire 30 is only 30 minutes, and, obviously, Stretch 10 is only 10 minutes. This makes it really easy to remember how long all of the workouts are so that we can fit them into our daily schedules better. NO EXCUSES!!! So, first I'm going to answer Jerzeediva's questions, and then I'll give a breakdown of what the whole TurboFire schedule looks like. :smile: Here it goes!

Questions to Jerzeediva's questions:
    1) How did you feel after your workout?

Holy crap...the adrenaline that I felt after this first workout was awesome! Even though I was drenched in sweat and panting like I just sprinted up hill for an hour, I really felt GOOD. The workout incorporates some serious kickboxing moves along with some really fun dance moves, and they go along with two songs that flow perfectly with the workout. In my opinion, the absolute BEST thing about these workouts is the "New to Class" feature that I'll explain later. This made the class around 40 minutes, but it was totally worth it. I can't wait to do it on Thursday so that I can rock it out even harder!

2) How many calories did you burn and what was your Max HR?

For Fire 30: Calorie burn was 430 (I think this will be higher whenever I get to really know the workout), and Max HR was 192
    For Stretch 10: Calorie burn was 48, and Max HR was 117

3) What is your motivating factor for wanting to do TurboFire?

I really feel like THIS is MY time! I say that every time, but I can FEEL it in my bones that I'm going to conquer my self-doubt and my self-sabotage this time. TurboFire is going to be the program that is going to help me do this, because of the music, the trainer and the amazing workouts!

4) What is the goal you are trying to accomplish?

I would like to lose about 15 pounds, but I REALLY just want to feel and be healthy for the rest of my life. Having the self-confidence to wear a bikini and not feel self conscious would be awesome too! :happy:

OK, here's a sample of what the TurboFire schedule looks like. Keep in mind that the original schedule is 12 weeks, but you can choose to extend it to 20 weeks if you have the Advanced classes. So, here's a list of the classes and a few weeks of the schedule:

Classes:
    1) Fire 55 EZ Class
    2) Fire 45 Class
    3) Fire 30 Class
    4) Fire 45 EZ Class
    5) Sculpt 30 Class
    6) Tone 30 Class
    7) Stretch 40 Class
    8) Core 20 Class
    9) HIIT 15 Class
    10) HIIT 20 Class
    11) HIIT 25 Class
    12) Stretch 10 Class

Advanced Classes:
    1) Fire 60 Class
    2) HIIT 30 Class
    3) Lower 20 Class
    4) Upper 20 Class
    5) Abs 10 Class

The schedule is broken down into phases: Intro (Week 1), HIIT-1 (Weeks 2-4), Cardio (Weeks 5-7), Recovery (Week 8), HIIT-2 (Weeks 9-11), and Recovery (Week 12). If doing the Advanced classes, the phases go as follows: Advanced Cardio (Weeks 13-15), Recovery (Week 16), HIIT-3 (Weeks 17-19), and Recovery (Week 20).

Here's what some of the classes look like during the week:

Week 1:
    Monday: Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Tuesday: HIIT 15 and Stretch 10
    Wednesday: REST
    Thursday: Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Friday: Fire 55 EZ
    Saturday: Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Sunday: Core 20 and Stretch 40

Week 2:
    Monday: Fire 45 and Stretch 10
    Tuesday: HIIT 20 and Stretch 10
    Thursday: HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30
    Saturday: Core 20 and Stretch 40
    Sunday: Fire 45 and Stretch 10

Week 3:
    Monday: Fire 45 EZ and Stretch 10
    Tuesday: HIIT 25 and Stretch 10
    Thursday: HIIT 15 and Tone 30
    Friday: Fire 45 EZ and Stretch 10
    Sunday: Fire 55 EZ

Week 4:
    Thursday: HIIT 20 and Sculpt 30

So, there is the schedule for the first 4 weeks of TurboFire! I can't wait until everyone gets their workout so that we can kick this together! Let me know if you have any questions! I'm scared....first HIIT workout tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • SaraWo24
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to tell you about the coolest part: the "New to Class" feature of every workout! It is so awesome that Chalene did this, because I know exactly how it feels to do a workout and pretty much miss half of it due to trying to follow it! On every DVD, there is an option for either the "New to Class" feature or just the regular class workout. This "New to Class" feature follows the same exact workout that the regular one does, but Chalene stops mid-workout to show you the moves to each section. This really helped me on the first workout, because there were a ton of punches and moving all around. She stops the music and EXPLAINS to you where she's going with the next segment so that you can follow it. I'll definitely be using this at least twice for every workout, because I want to nail it before I jump right into the regular class workout.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday with Fire 30 and Stretch 10. This morning I did HIIT 15 and Stretch 10. LOVING it so far!!!
  • SaraWo24
    Options
    I started yesterday with Fire 30 and Stretch 10. This morning I did HIIT 15 and Stretch 10. LOVING it so far!!!

I did HIIT 15 and Stretch 10 this morning too! Wow, does that fire you up, or what?? The music really does pump you up. I love it!

Here's a quick breakdown of the calories I burned and my Max HR:

HIIT 15: 162 calories burned; Max HR was 195
    Stretch 10: 57 calories burned; Max HR was 127
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have tried Turbo Fire already...would you say the Fire workouts are like Turbo Kick/Turbo Jam and the Hiit more like something out of Insanity (but with the kickin music?!?). I'm trying to determine how much like Turbo Jam/Kick and Insanity these workouts are like...the moves more so than the music/feel.

Erika
  • jerzeediva
    Options

So, I just completed my first two TurboFire classes!!! Oh man...already I can tell that this program is going to seriously kick butt! The first two workouts are Fire 30 and Stretch 10, and the really cool thing about these workouts is that the number of minutes is in the name. So Fire 30 is only 30 minutes, and, obviously, Stretch 10 is only 10 minutes. This makes it really easy to remember how long all of the workouts are so that we can fit them into our daily schedules better. NO EXCUSES!!! So, first I'm going to answer Jerzeediva's questions, and then I'll give a breakdown of what the whole TurboFire schedule looks like. :smile: Here it goes!

Holy crap...the adrenaline that I felt after this first workout was awesome! Even though I was drenched in sweat and panting like I just sprinted up hill for an hour, I really felt GOOD. The workout incorporates some serious kickboxing moves along with some really fun dance moves, and they go along with two songs that flow perfectly with the workout. In my opinion, the absolute BEST thing about these workouts is the "New to Class" feature that I'll explain later. This made the class around 40 minutes, but it was totally worth it. I can't wait to do it on Thursday so that I can rock it out even harder!

For Fire 30: Calorie burn was 430 (I think this will be higher whenever I get to really know the workout), and Max HR was 192

I really feel like THIS is MY time! I say that every time, but I can FEEL it in my bones that I'm going to conquer my self-doubt and my self-sabotage this time. TurboFire is going to be the program that is going to help me do this, because of the music, the trainer and the amazing workouts!

I would like to lose about 15 pounds, but I REALLY just want to feel and be healthy for the rest of my life. Having the self-confidence to wear a bikini and not feel self conscious would be awesome too! :happy:

OK, here's a sample of what the TurboFire schedule looks like. Keep in mind that the original schedule is 12 weeks, but you can choose to extend it to 20 weeks if you have the Advanced classes. So, here's a list of the classes and a few weeks of the schedule:

Classes:
    1) Fire 55 EZ Class
    2) Fire 45 Class
    3) Fire 30 Class
    4) Fire 45 EZ Class
    5) Sculpt 30 Class
    6) Tone 30 Class
    7) Stretch 40 Class
    8) Core 20 Class
    9) HIIT 15 Class
    10) HIIT 20 Class
    11) HIIT 25 Class
    12) Stretch 10 Class

Advanced Classes:
    1) Fire 60 Class
    2) HIIT 30 Class
    3) Lower 20 Class
    4) Upper 20 Class
    5) Abs 10 Class

The schedule is broken down into phases: Intro (Week 1), HIIT-1 (Weeks 2-4), Cardio (Weeks 5-7), Recovery (Week 8), HIIT-2 (Weeks 9-11), and Recovery (Week 12). If doing the Advanced classes, the phases go as follows: Advanced Cardio (Weeks 13-15), Recovery (Week 16), HIIT-3 (Weeks 17-19), and Recovery (Week 20).

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

So, there is the schedule for the first 4 weeks of TurboFire! I can't wait until everyone gets their workout so that we can kick this together! Let me know if you have any questions! I'm scared....first HIIT workout tomorrow! :bigsmile:

Wow Sara...Thanks for all the info. Now I really can't wait to get mines in the mail hopefully tomorrow..I am still stalking UPS LOL
  • jerzeediva
    Options

That is FAB...Keep up the great work..Let us know about the rest of the week.
  • jerzeediva
    Options
    Well gonna make it short and sweet. Still no turbo fire yet and I hope it gets here by tomorrow. But I am going to knock out AB ripper X and I feel like doing kenpo today instead of plyo...by any means necessary I just need to make sure I stay motivated. Thanks to all who have joined me for the challenge and lets get the best results possible.:happy:
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    For those of you who already have Turbo Fire, is there someone in the videos demonstrating modifications (like in her other programs)? I'm not 'supposed' to do high impact activities (knee arthritis) and can see in the clips of TF that of course there's lots of jumping - but are there modifications? Thanks in advance!!
  • hdenkrn
    hdenkrn Posts: 2
    Options
    I will definitely join you...I became an Independent Beachbody Coach around a month ago after I finished P90X...saw great results and loved the workouts but needed to swich it up so I just got my TurboFire in the mail and started it tonight Fire 30/Stretch10...this is going to be great!! Anyone who loves these routines should be a Beachbody Coach. Check out my site...www beachbodycoach.com/heidiworks to see my progress...since November I have lost a little over 20 pounds and gained some tone. I do need to get a HR rate monitor because I keep tracking it as high impact aerobics and it is way more than high impact. Good luck!
  • SaraWo24
    Options
    For those of you who already have Turbo Fire, is there someone in the videos demonstrating modifications (like in her other programs)? I'm not 'supposed' to do high impact activities (knee arthritis) and can see in the clips of TF that of course there's lots of jumping - but are there modifications? Thanks in advance!!

Hey! Yes, there is absolutely someone in EVERY video modifying EVERY move. They don't do the high impact of every workout, but they definitely keep the high intensity. Don't worry about not getting a fantastic workout by modifying! :smile:
  • SaraWo24
    Options

Classes:
    1) Fire 55 EZ Class
    2) Fire 45 Class
    3) Fire 30 Class
    4) Fire 45 EZ Class
    5) Sculpt 30 Class
    6) Tone 30 Class
    7) Stretch 40 Class
    8) Core 20 Class
    9) HIIT 15 Class
    10) HIIT 20 Class
    11) HIIT 25 Class
    12) Stretch 10 Class

Advanced Classes:
    1) Fire 60 Class
    2) HIIT 30 Class
    3) Lower 20 Class
    4) Upper 20 Class
    5) Abs 10 Class

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

Wow Sara...Thanks for all the info. Now I really can't wait to get mines in the mail hopefully tomorrow..I am still stalking UPS LOL

You are so welcome!!! I know how it is to start a new program, so I wanted to help out as much as possible. I can't wait for everyone else to get their program so we can beat this together!!!
  • SaraWo24
    Options
    Good morning!!!:happy:

I am so happy to see that more and more people are joining this group! We are going to rock TurboFire!

So, I completed HIIT 15 and Stretch 10 yesterday morning, and then had my Ultimate Frisbee game later that afternoon. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to keep that schedule (TurboFire in the morning, Frisbee at night) for the next few weeks until Frisbee is over. There's no way I'd be able to do them back-to-back, and I am NOT going to push TurboFire to the side!

As for today, the workout schedule says I have the day off (Yay!), but I think I'm going to go for a walk when I get home. I get restless when I don't do anything!

Have a great day everyone!
  • jerzeediva
    Options
    Yes..I have been stalking my UPS guy. My package is being delivered today..I can't wait to get it. So until then I will be back with my update of my first workout. I will being doing shoulders,back and ab x with it too...Let's get it!!!

TTYL:flowerforyou: