How long has it been since you've had Brussels Sprouts?

Options

Replies

• jessiedell7
    Options
    Last week! They are delicious and super healthy. Prefer them over any veggie! Then again, depends on how you prepare them.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'll eat them if they're in a dish that someone else is serving me, especially if they made a vegetarian dish because of me, but I don't like them and wouldn't choose to make them for myself.
  • xx8763xx
    xx8763xx Posts: 7
    Options
    I have them in my fridge right now, actually. Just been trying to figure out what to cook them with. I don't get the hate. My significant other and I both love 'em!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    It has been too long. DH hates the smell so I rarely cook them. I really like them, but my body says - don't eat very many. :laugh:
  • LyndaTay
    LyndaTay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    2 nights ago. Roasted with a little olive oil and garlic salt. =)
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    about 5 days ago... almost bot them today... yum!
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I like them. I was introduced to them by some children I was babysiting once who loved them. Helped my attitude toward them the first time I tried them. If they are fixed right, mmmmm, they are as yummy as broccoli (another veggie I love)
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Crap, I don't remember when I last had them. Ovens broken so I can't roast them... maybe sautee in olive oil or steam and add spicy mustard..,.

(added to grocery list)
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    OMG, this thread is hilarious! I have giggled so much!

(BTW, I am one of "those" people....I enjoy brussel sprouts with butter and garlic, or just steamed with a sprinkle of salt and pepper)

:tongue:
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Are you a "super taster" ?

Check out the BBC Documentary - The Truth About Taste

https://mega.co.nz/#!Vs8TGSKY!AP1gK3AL083QIn-V2Rj5zUxe0Z1PYOSk_Jn7FpGGIyo
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Had them two months ago, ^_^
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Not long enough! :sad:
  • araviel
    araviel Posts: 19
    Options
    Last week. I sometimes have fried eggs and stir-fried brussel sprouts for breakfast even. Nommenomnommenom.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I actually love brussels sprouts...there like little baby cabbages. I prefer mine roasted with a little olive oil and s&P. I eat them twice per week...sometimes more. they are my favorite veg.
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever had them until I was an adult and they came in a meal I got in a restaurant once and I found I loved them. I don't make them that much though and it's probably been several months.
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I sure don't love them and don't make them at home. But there's this AMAZING Momofoku restaurant near work..........

They roast the sprouts in some smoky sauce and add crunchy rice topping. Omigosh they are incredible.

And believe me you would not normally hear me say that about Brussels sprouts.

I've been back a few times and made other people try them and everyone agreed.

Now I have to figure out how to make them myself.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love Brussels sprouts! Here, to all my Brussels sprout lovers-

1258378671841.jpg

And to those of you who don't like them...

1350307665232.jpg
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    About 6 months, I eat them once a year at Christmas. It never occurred to me that you could eat them throughout the rest of the year too, surely that would be weird, like eating mince pies in July or Easter eggs in November? Mind you, I'm quite liking the idea of sprouts and bacon... mmmmm, bacon.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm, brussels sprouts and bacon, roasted in the oven until the little edges are slightly crispy.

It has been so long that I don't actually remember when I had them last.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Try Garlic brussle sprouts with bacon at Allrecipes.com. I hated them for 64 years until I found this recipe. I think I will have them tonight.:love: