How long has it been since you've had Brussels Sprouts?

Options

Replies

• PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I dip them in cheese and then deep fry them.
  • runningwild00
    Options
    About 20 hours ago. mmmmm :)
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ooo, I love 'em. Haven't had them in a while but they are fantastic, roasted. Yum. Also low in calories and good for what ails ya.
  • goombasmom
    goombasmom Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    20 years ago. At my boyfriend's house. Never again.

It's the visual. They look like green testicles. bleh.
  • Badarolyn
    Badarolyn Posts: 5
    Options
    Since November 2009: my brother made them and I had some. I was okay until I got a mushy one, then that was it. Couldn't eat any more. I like just about all other types of veggies, but not Brussels Sprouts. I admit, I haven't tried them roasted. Maybe I'll give them another chance.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yesterday. And I'm planning on having more today. I love them :flowerforyou:

Me too....When I've got left over ones from Sunday dinner I slice them up and put them in stir fries... yum
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I hated them as a kid, but if prepared right love them. I chop them up, season them and then throw them in a pan with some bacon. Yum yum yum.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Love them. :love:
  • rachiepoo91
    rachiepoo91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Roasted in salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil and finished off with some parmesan cheese. Nom nom. Not in season in Nor Cal right now though. :(
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Om nom nom nom nom!!! Been a couple of months. too long. Roasted with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little parmesan. Heaven. Sooooo glad hubby doesn't like them. :laugh:
  • Jeliasek
    Jeliasek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Last night... brush with olive oil and kosher salt roast till tender or ditch the salt for asiago cheese. WA
    Y GOOD!!!
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    i've successfully avoided these bitter green balls of evil for probably 34 or 35 years now.

BrainyBurro your pic responses are hilarious. :flowerforyou: But, bad news. I am turning
    39 in a few months and so...I have not eaten them in 36 years. Ha! I think I broke your
    record!
    Brussell sprouts are probably the most disgusting food out there. Mothers need to stop
    inflicting the madness on their children like mine did. It's cruel, I tell you, cruel.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks, but I have some in the fridge now.

You cut the stem and cut them in half. You boil them for a few minutes to start softening. Strain them well. Then you melt butter in a pan and lay those puppies cut side down in the hot butter. Salt, pepper, garlic and wait for the butter to work its magic on the cut sides. When you're done, you will have these buttery, caramelized, nutty tasting little balls of perfection.

My husband said he always hated brussel sprouts growing up but asks for these.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts roasted drizzled with balsamic vinegar and oil grate a little parm. cheese salt and pepper... you will never even know they are green veggies ;-)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    About six months ago. I had to eat them, because it was at a dinner party of someone I really don't want to offend (you know, my boss). I had to eat it with plenty of mashed potatoes though and surpress the gagging.

Brussel sprouts are horrid.

Apparently they're quite bad for you as well. There's too much vitamin K in them, which promotes blood clotting. Some guy in England died last Christmas from too many Brussel sprouts. He was on blood thinners. It was in the news.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    A few days ago...caramelized/sauteed in bacon grease w/ onions. Delicious.

Boiled, however, they are disgusting and vile...

...(well, unless you like cooked cabbage, like I do, in which case, they're almost tolerable).
  • bunny92441
    bunny92441 Posts: 42
    Options
    I thought that if I roasted them in the oven with parmesan cheese like I do other veggies it would make them tolerable. Didn't work. They are best left at the store for those who really enjoy them.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    2 days ago? Roasted in the oven they are amazing!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    i've successfully avoided these bitter green balls of evil for probably 34 or 35 years now.

Yesterday :bigsmile:

If they are bitter then you are fixing them wrong. Clean, cut in half and saute in olive oil. Yummy!
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Yesterday. :)