PLEASE HELP calorie confused :(

Options
13»

Replies

• Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I was so depressed about this today that im thinking dropping to 1450 cold turkey
    Good idea ?
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options

mita271 wrote: »
    I was so depressed about this today that im thinking dropping to 1450 cold turkey
    Good idea ?

1450 should translate to 0.5 lb/week, so you probably need to go that low if you want to lose. If you're struggling with satiety at your current intake, the standard advice to eat what you normally eat, just less, isn't going to work for you. You'll need to experiment with your macros and meal timing to figure òut what works for you. For me, it was 5 approx 200 calorie meals plus a 500 calorie dinner, but everyone is different.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Good idea ?

Its just a math thing. Decide how you are going to create your deficit either by eating less(which you cnat seem to manage) or burn more, which means exercise.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Exercise is what gets me by, I exercise so I can eat more. You don't have to bust your butt at the gym, all I do is walk.... alot.
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Exercise is what gets me by, I exercise so I can eat more. You don't have to bust your butt at the gym, all I do is walk.... alot.

Yes that seems great
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was going to say something similar. Maybe try dropping calories really mildly (like 100) and increase activity during the day like by trying to walk more or do other forms of exercise that don't seem to make you hungry.
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Thanks
    I really want this to work ...
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Yes that seems great

When my children were young, I had to be creative in ways to get exercise in. I put the youngest in a stroller or back/front pack, go to the park play area. The older kids would play on the equipment and I would walk around and around the play area while keeping an eye on them. I would take them all to my Church parking lot, bring ride on toys for the older kids and walk around and around the lot while they played. I found another Mom and we traded baby sitting just so we could work out. I also have paid a babysitter just so I could exercise. I know it is difficult especially if you are on a tight budget.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    As hard as it is, it feels like wrangling kids should be exercise enough. Too bad it isn't really so! I liked to go and play at the park with my daughter. But that's easier with just one.