Appetite suppressants

Options

Replies

• SarahQoP
    SarahQoP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tight pants do help - also doing planks. I definitely leave the gym not feeling hungry particularly if the abs hurt.
    The absolute best appetite suppressant is MDMA. You don't want to eat the day after either.
    But since that would be quite stressful for everyday use, eating a plate of vegetables before dinner... coffee...
    Water does absolutely nothing for me. Diet coke is no good - that makes me ravenous.
    Hoodia is all right too.
    Keeping busy is also a good one. Can be hard work if you have to sit at a desk all day.
  • SarahQoP
    SarahQoP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry no - not Hoodia. No one has successfully created a working product from this. Psyllium husks is what I meant!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Water, and diet coke for me (I know this doesn't work for everybody.)

And having my butt kicked by my coach
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »
    Keeping busy. On days when I'm not busy (especially at work, when I'm on the computer), I get hungry out of sheer boredom. On my days off, when I'm doing stuff and keeping busy, I'm never hungry except when I'm actually hungry, and I tend to eat less. (Except when I'm at a party/socializing, lol; then it varies.)

Agreeing that having a cup of coffee or water will sometimes help, if I'm just hungry out of routine rather than actual need for food.

Other times, just sort of shrug and wait the hunger out. A lot of times it'll pass, and if it sticks around, I hunt down a snack.

Some really good observations there. Perhaps a timer can help; set it for ten minutes to see if the cravings subside. Every phone has a timer these days.

PGX is a fiber pill that works best taken with a lot of water about thirty minutes before a meal.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    xnabnana wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any effective appetite suppressants out there?
    If you don't agree with the use of these, spare me the lecture and move along. Thank you!

It's all snake oil. SMH. I'm here to tell you can't tell anyone here not to comment. It doesn't work like that. Sorry.

Let me reiterate, it's all crap. It teaches you nothing about maintaining your weight for life.

This!
    Learn self control. That's the best pill around...

Exactly. Will power, self-control, and focus. These 3 thing alone are FREE, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than snakeoil in a can. I see people buying "It Works!" wraps, lotions, potions, etc, and NONE of it works without eating less and exercising more. Even the weight-loss commercials recommend a "proper diet and exercise", and that "results are not typical". So why even buy that crap?

Tell you what OP: send me $50/month and I'll send you a miracle drug that will help you lose weight with proper diet and exercise. But I'll tell you now... it's just going to be empty capsules.

I like you @Redbeard333
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    rhyolite_ wrote: »
    Water, coffee/caffeine, tea (even non-caffeinated help for me), exercise, sleep.

Not sexy and not a weight loss miracle. But anal leakage isn't sexy either.

Did you read that thread here ( before it was removed by the mods ) where the guy took these weight loss snake oil products and actually crapped on his girlfriend in his sleep?!? The snake oil products caused anal leakage and explosive diarrhea. He was sound asleep when suddenly he erupted all over his girlfriend who was snuggled up next to him. ( Lmao)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee/caffeine, tea (even non-caffeinated help for me), exercise, sleep.

Did you read that thread here ( before it was removed by the mods ) where the guy took these weight loss snake oil products and actually crapped on his girlfriend in his sleep?!? The snake oil products caused anal leakage and explosive diarrhea. He was sound asleep when suddenly he erupted all over his girlfriend who was snuggled up next to him. ( Lmao)

That thread needs to be resurrected!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they're still together. I know relationships have their ups and downs, but can you imagine waking up to *that*? LMAO.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I wonder if they're still together. I know relationships have their ups and downs, but can you imagine waking up to *that*? LMAO.

I can't. There's no way I would be okay with that. Lol . I would buy a separate bed and sleep alone after an incident like that.
    Snickers, your on my fl so probably know what I recently woke up to. That's as far as I go... Lol
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I make sure to drink a glass of water with every meal. But really, prevention of hunger is the best suppressant. Snacks that include protein and fat help to keep me on track.

I agree, the prevention of hunger is the best supplement. I used to get back from a cardio session absolutely starving.
    That was until I started with a protein shake before the session and then another protein shake right after. No more hunger pangs. I highly recommend AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes. They are only 100 calories with 17g protein. I have yet to find anything else with that much protein for only 100 calories.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I take it you are feeling frustrated. Been there. I'm aiming for slow weight loss. A change in mindset helps. I'm not miserably hungry and cursing the scales that aren't moving. I'm trying to live fairly closely to how I will live once the weight is gone.

Rather than searching out an appetite suppressant I read up on foods that keep you full.

Research agrees with the advice you have been given here... Up your protein to suppress appetite, and add fibre. So meat, beans, vegetables, oatmeal etc. Potatoes were the surprising star of satiety. Stay away entirely from low satiety foods for now. Alcohol, soda and juice are the worst offenders. I also agree that exercise can suppress my appetite, for a while at least.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options

holy crap
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

holy crap

LOL
  • Werk2Eat
    Werk2Eat Posts: 114 Member
    Options

holy crap

I never seen the original thread. Did a Shaman make the snake oil products?

• zoeysasha37
    Options
    Werk2Eat wrote: »

holy crap

Yes the man was taking snake oil products, that caused anal leakage and explosion diarrhea. He had an explosion in his sleep . on the girlfriend. Then made a thread to warn newcomers about these products but we got carried away with the word anal and it got deleted by mods.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    coffeeeee!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

holy crap

Yes the man was taking snake oil products, that caused anal leakage and explosion diarrhea. He had an explosion in his sleep . on the girlfriend. Then made a thread to warn newcomers about these products but we got carried away with the word anal and it got deleted by mods.
    What was the product? not the brand just the type. Need to make sure DH doesn't take it lol
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    On topic, water is my fix every time. people sigh when you say it because they want to hear of a pill instead. Pills have little to no effect, the water works for me, each and every time.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

holy crap

What was the product? not the brand just the type. Need to make sure DH doesn't take it lol

It was an" appetite suppressant fat burner " usually found in the common drug stores in USA
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

holy crap

It was an" appetite suppressant fat burner " usually found in the common drug stores in USA

It was probably one of those carb/fat blocker type pills??