Any military spouses?

As military spouses we face a special kind of hurdle in our lives when our spouses deploy, TDY, have field training etc. My husband is non-combat deploying in a couple of weeks for a few months. He was gone for 3 months just 2 months ago and I actually managed to lose about 10 pounds while he was gone. This time I'm much more worried about the place he is heading to, even though it is non-combat, and I'm not sure how well I'll do diet and exercise wise this time. Plus the winter months are approaching and I don't tend to lose much, if any, weight during the colder months. Anyway, I'm just looking for some motivation and support from those that understand pur unique circumstances and might have the same kind of issues as me! Even if you're not a military spouse but understand what long separations can be like for your mental and physical state, feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• greynotesfall
    greynotesfall Posts: 28 Member
    Bump
  • AllyLouB
    AllyLouB Posts: 40 Member
    Hi there. I'm in the UK, we live on Anglesey. My husband is RAF. He is deploying over Christmas for 4 months, and has spent much of the last 6 years in Afghanistan. I'm 38 in a few weeks, and have been an on/off user of mfp for 3 years. I'm hoping to get super fit for our family holiday that we've booked early December before he goes away. Winter is hard, I agree, it's so easy to stay indoors and make all the excuses like it's too cold etc, and it's so much easier to cover up and body niggles with a jumper so the motivation isn't there as much :)

I don't have any current friends on here with being inactive for quite a while, so if you'd like to add me it sounds like we're in a similar situation and it would be lovely to talk to someone who gets the mental battle we go through.

Talk soon, allison
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,398 Member
    As military spouses we face a special kind of hurdle in our lives when our spouses deploy, TDY, have field training etc. My husband is non-combat deploying in a couple of weeks for a few months. He was gone for 3 months just 2 months ago and I actually managed to lose about 10 pounds while he was gone. This time I'm much more worried about the place he is heading to, even though it is non-combat, and I'm not sure how well I'll do diet and exercise wise this time. Plus the winter months are approaching and I don't tend to lose much, if any, weight during the colder months. Anyway, I'm just looking for some motivation and support from those that understand pur unique circumstances and might have the same kind of issues as me! Even if you're not a military spouse but understand what long separations can be like for your mental and physical state, feel free to add me! :)

You might want to try some of the military resources. Plenty of people in the same boat, and it is a unique situation that many don't ever deal with.

Over the years I went from a dependent kid, to active duty, to active duty married to an active duty wife, to active duty and the wife out, and very briefly to being the dependent spouse when my wife was recalled to active duty after I got out. Different challenges every time.