Low Carb High Fat Success....Eating LOTS of calories. and LOSING!!!

Options
ajmurray1234
ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I am so excited!!! I posted last Sunday 9/13 on how I am doing the induction phase for Atkins. OMG, since then I have lost 5lbs maybe more.. I weighed in on Tuesday; and have been so satiated. I love LCHF!!

Replies

• OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Too soon to judge. Keep it up and good luck

Osric
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Why start this up again in a new thread?

Nm - we can all ignore 2 as well as one.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep us posted.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    A lot of that is caused by water loss from the low carbing.
    Soonish your glycogen is going to be at a level amount and the fast losses are gonna stop and your weight loss will get slower. That's normal, don't panic when it happens.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    There is usually a whoosh of weight loss when beginning LCHF. Just don't get discouraged when it stops! Focus on how you feel and other changes that may occur from starting this way of eating. See if you like it... if it's not something you can do long term, once you start eating carbs again that initial weight loss will come right back on. I I know you said you've done your research, but can't be stressed enough. People who have long term success with LCHF are in it for life.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Why start this up again in a new thread?

Nm - we can all ignore 2 as well as one.

Someone had problems ignoring this one.

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I am so excited!!! I posted last Sunday 9/13 on how I am doing the induction phase for Atkins. OMG, since then I have lost 5lbs maybe more.. I weighed in on Tuesday; and have been so satiated. I love LCHF!!

Good on you.

Keep going and if you still feel this way in another 2 weeks then LCHF is probably for you.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Okay, I wasn't crazy about this going on again. It's just with a different OP, though this one isn't claiming to eat more calories and losing weight (as in eating 1500 and maintaining, now eating 2300 and losing).
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10252904/lchf-high-calories-and-losing/p1

To this thread's OP - I'm glad you found what works for you.

EDIT - clarify
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Loving the people that can do body composition analysis of strangers over the internet.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Oh dear yarwell, please tell us more how a 5 pound loss in a week is NOT water weight.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Congrats with the continued success you've had finding an eating style that keeps you feeling full while maintaining a deficit.

I doubt you've eaten 17,500 calories under your maintenance in a week, so likely some of it is water weight. So, don't get discouraged if your rate of loss slows down; 5lbs per week is not sustainable for the vast majority of people trying to lose.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Haha @yarwell
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    OP--for people new to the site an open diary would be helpful. I'm not sure starting yet another thread on the same topic is preferred by moderators though. You can already see the road being paved by the responses above.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Really? Please go on and on about water weight. Who cares? It's gone and that's motivating. It's a step in the right direction.

Don't like LCHF? Again, who cares. That's your opinion. But it has worked for many people and confined to heal people day after day. There's scientific proof of that, not just matter of personal opinion.

LCHF isn't a bad way of life if the person does it correctly. But how many people here actually know the scientific facts and spew those? Most don't. Most spout a bunch of myths and hearsay. Stories about my brothers sisters cousins uncles mom ate too much cheese and was constipated for a week.

So many people quick to jump on here and share excitement and they should be met with encouragement.

Instead people talk down to them and make them feel like crap for posting in the first place.

Kindness is much more helpful in the weight loss department. You should try it sometime.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    IrishChik wrote: »
    Really? Please go on and on about water weight. Who cares? It's gone and that's motivating. It's a step in the right direction.

Don't like LCHF? Again, who cares. That's your opinion. But it has worked for many people and confined to heal people day after day. There's scientific proof of that, not just matter of personal opinion.

LCHF isn't a bad way of life if the person does it correctly. But how many people here actually know the scientific facts and spew those? Most don't. Most spout a bunch of myths and hearsay. Stories about my brothers sisters cousins uncles mom ate too much cheese and was constipated for a week.

So many people quick to jump on here and share excitement and they should be met with encouragement.

Instead people talk down to them and make them feel like crap for posting in the first place.

Kindness is much more helpful in the weight loss department. You should try it sometime.

See, here's the thing. When you berate people that you've decided are berating people, you become part of the problem.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

• ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    hi135 wrote: »

How's your body feeling?

I will admit, I'm getting the symptoms I read about; the slight headache, but that's it and it goes away pretty quickly. I know it is mostly water weight, but seeing the scale go from 172 on 9/13 to 164 on 9/19 just makes me want to follow through. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Oh dear yarwell, please tell us more how a 5 pound loss in a week is NOT water weight.

SNORT!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Congratulations on finding a diet that helps you keep your calorie deficit, which is required to lose weight. I have wanted to try low carb just for the fun of it, but I love my carbs way too much. They actually help me feel satiated. :)