Questions About Loose Skin & Surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to use Tumblr, but I will give it a try for sure, thank you!

You should check out funeralformyfat.tumblr.com 's blog. She got surgery to remove loose skin on her thighs and tummy after losing a lot of weight and looks fabulous. She has answered a lot of questions on the topic too, so it might give you a little insight into what it's like and all that.
  • oohashbee
    oohashbee Posts: 21
    Options
    My arms are my trouble area and already I see tons of sag and the loose skin is something I'm a bit nervous about experiencing. But looking at your pics, your before arms look just like my now arms, and I just want to say that you look AMAZING!!!
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I started at 380 pounds and am 198 pounds now and really havent had any issues. I do have excess skin, but it doesnt get in my way, no itchiness, no rashes etc. Im not planning to have surgery so cannot comment on that...but for me its purely a cosmetic issue.
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I wish it were purely a cosmetic thing (as it wouldn't bother me as much) but the itching and occasional burning in folds really irritates especially now that its summertime.
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've known people to have the surgery to remove skin from your arms. It is a very painful surgery and can leave bad scaring. These are things you have to know about before you go into it. I am afraid that when I finally reach goal weight I will have the same issues so it is something I am considering doing. I'm currently doing a lot of strength training to tighten the muscle there now in an attempt to correct some of the damage I have done. As they say, we shall see!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Firstly, let me congratulate you - you look amazing and SO beautiful. You've made an awesome change! Well done!
    I know the problems you agonize over, I too have loose skin, but I have the disadvantage of age - I'm 65 although friends kindly say that my photograph doesn't show it.
    There is, unfortunately no quick fix for this, however, may I suggest a Shake Weight? I've been having small successes with this equipment, in that its made my shoulder and triceps muscles firmer and filled out a little, so that the loose skin is not so noticeable.
    Surgery is not the answer for you - you are too young by far and your body will look like a map of the underground afterwards. It depends on what sort of scars you will accept, either the scars of looser skin which, as you are young, will begin to firm up eventually, or a body permanently scarred by surgery. Please don't go there.
    Try the shake weight for six months - they are not expensive - mine cost £19 English pounds.
    It may work well for you. It comes with a DVD and you only need 10 minutes a day.
    Good luck, and once again, well done!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You should look into insurance coverage. I live in Canada, and here skin removal is covered through our universal health insurance, for those who have experienced problems with rashes, and infections in addition to maintaining their goal weight for a period of time. I know a couple of people who had it done and covered for their stomachs, but not for arms or thighs.

What province do you live in?
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just did a post about this. And I feel yeah. I lost 70 with more to go and my boobs are sagging to hell and back. Ugh. Frustrated. I am going to save up for the surgery. It's not an option. It's just depressing and I'm worried that when I'm done losing more that my stomach will need fixing too. It's feels like a punishment for losing weight...
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I just did a post about this. And I feel yeah. I lost 70 with more to go and my boobs are sagging to hell and back. Ugh. Frustrated. I am going to save up for the surgery. It's not an option. It's just depressing and I'm worried that when I'm done losing more that my stomach will need fixing too. It's feels like a punishment for losing weight...

Bench press will make those boobs look perky again... stomach I cannot comment on cause I have that problem myself but I used to think my breasts sagged until I lost weight (maintained C cup) and included a bench press regime.
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am gonna try working in more push ups and stuff with that, maybe at some point it'll help a little.
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Dang wtg girl!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Thanks, I am gonna try working in more push ups and stuff with that, maybe at some point it'll help a little.

Push ups are great too, dumbbell flys also work wonderfully if you don't want to use/have a bench
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!