Do you own a veggie spiralizer?

Options
13»

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I bought the cheapest one I could find on Amazon. I think it was $5.89. I've enjoyed using it for zucchini and yellow squash, mostly for salads. It's a bit tough to use for carrots and I haven't tried any other veggies. I looked at the fancier (larger and more expensive) machines that probably handle harder veg like beets and sweet potatoes, but I just don't have the storage and didn't know if I'd use it enough to justify the expense.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have Paderno 4 blade Spiralizer. I love it! It was a little hard if the zucchini is too long or curvy. I blanched it a little because I wasn't sure if the family would like it raw ( i don't mind it raw). They loved it! Made homemade tomato sauce and meatballs it was great. My brother and his wife made pad thai with their zoodles, they loved it. Got to try them next. Lots of recipes online.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    http://inspiralized.com/ Best spot for spiralized vegetable recipes.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I bought the cheapest one I could find on Amazon. I think it was $5.89. I've enjoyed using it for zucchini and yellow squash, mostly for salads. It's a bit tough to use for carrots and I haven't tried any other veggies. I looked at the fancier (larger and more expensive) machines that probably handle harder veg like beets and sweet potatoes, but I just don't have the storage and didn't know if I'd use it enough to justify the expense.

I just upgraded from one of those to a Paderno (cant wait for it to arrive) but I like to spiralize a whole load of zucchini so I have it ready to go for stirfries, pasta, etc and my hand was hurting!

• jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I have a Vegetti and last night I used it to make zucchini noodles, and attempted carrots. It was a battle with the carrots but I made it happen. Then tossed a little cold peanut sauce on top and it was pretty freaking good. Could add bean sprouts or cilantro, some cashews or raisins next time to improve it a bit. Or all of that at the same time. In fact that sounds pretty good right now...
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have a Vegetti and last night I used it to make zucchini noodles, and attempted carrots. It was a battle with the carrots but I made it happen. Then tossed a little cold peanut sauce on top and it was pretty freaking good. Could add bean sprouts or cilantro, some cashews or raisins next time to improve it a bit. Or all of that at the same time. In fact that sounds pretty good right now...

Im doing something similar tonight: a homemade pb2 sauce with spiralized zucchini, tofu and egg. Will top with shredded carrots, bean sprouts and cilantro. I guess its a loose interpretation of Pad thai...
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I have a handheld one I bought for $4 on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/231591915714 It works great on zucchini and cucumbers...that's all I've tried it with so far. Instead of using the lid that comes with it, i just stick a fork into the end of the vegetable when it gets short...that allows me to spiralize almost the entire thing without risking my fingers.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recipes and suggestions. I will definitely use some of these!
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    First trial , u1rt9bbrt44u.png
    bh3usxpeuz16.jpeg
    cqjo09fp5ohi.jpeg
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Padermo, best on the market. Nuff said. ( A vacuum sealer also. VERY handy)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    We have one. Not sure which brand. My new favorite is "Paleo Pad Thai".
    http://paleopot.com/2013/05/paleo-slow-cooker-chicken-pad-thai-with-veggie-noodles/
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    ^^^ nope not true at all. Try the new spirilized by inspiralized and you will change your mind very very quickly :)

When my paderno dies I'm getting this one. It's still going strong after 3 years though!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    It doesnt have to die, it can be simply given away ;)

Lol. Good point!
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I bought a Veggetti sometime last year. Beyond taking it out of the package and putting it in a drawer, I haven't done anything with it. :\
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    then hand held is hard if you have decreased wrist strength or carpal tunnel. I am 60 and I struggled with it. Got the Spiralizer and it is better but messy. I can do almost the same with my mandolin or a veg pealer.IMHO,not worth the money
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I have the OXO Good Grips Handheld Spiralizer. Easy to use and easy clean up. I had one of the other handheld spiralizers and hated the design.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I use mine not only for the zucchini pasta, but it also makes salads more interesting, great for stir fries and for garnish on foods. Since buying mine a year ago, I can honestly say I use mine almost every week.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I do have one like the ones shown in the above posts. I use it for spiralizing zucchini. However, I just discovered that Kitchenaid has come up with an attachment that will spiralize much larger veggies. I ordered it and can't wait for it to show up so that I can experiment.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KSM1APC-Spiralizer-Attachment-Slice/dp/B00XPRRHYW/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1448398782&sr=1-3&keywords=kitchenaid+amazon
  • ScorpioAnna
    ScorpioAnna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought the regular vegetti and the vegetti pro. I prefer the pro because I don't have as much left of zucchini, and I don't have to worry about scraping my hands on the blades. I sautee my Zoodles in cooking spray or a little olive oil and season them to my liking.