Fitness Trackers - what's yours?

Options
13»

Replies

• andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @andyluvv @shadow2soul
    Does the charge hr give you the ability to time runs and see calories burned in those runs?

Like I typically breakdown my exercises with warm up,my real run, and cool down. Would I be able to Do that still? And also see my mile (or whatever I am running that day)time? Along with what's burned specifically in that time?

Sorry to be obnoxious and ask so many questions, I'm just trying to figure it out before I drop that much cash.

It would base it on the activity. So fitbit can tell when you're doing something extraneous (like a run for example). You'd have to log those manually on the app though I think to make it more accurate it wouldn't be done automatically.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit Flex for over a year and a half now, and it's still my favorite basic tracker! I just charge it whenever I know I'm going to be at my desk for a bit.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    @andyluvv @shadow2soul
    Does the charge hr give you the ability to time runs and see calories burned in those runs?

Like I typically breakdown my exercises with warm up,my real run, and cool down. Would I be able to Do that still? And also see my mile (or whatever I am running that day)time? Along with what's burned specifically in that time?

Sorry to be obnoxious and ask so many questions, I'm just trying to figure it out before I drop that much cash.

If you're looking for something for running, you would be better of with a Polar are Garmin with GPS features, they will give you what you want, and they come with chest straps which is all so better when doing actual exercise. They will also track your daily activity.

• vjjohnson3
    vjjohnson3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Apple iPhone 6Plus and Apple Watch
    I really like the new watch operating system 2.
    The watch is a great heart rate monitor and with the iPhone it pretty much covers what I need to track
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Misfit Flash. It's not fancy, but it works for me. I like that I can wear it on wrist or my shoe.
  • bellesb169
    bellesb169 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Garmin ViVo2 with heart rate monitor (chest strap) for me. I've been using it for 2 months and I absolutely love it. It tracks my sleep and shows deep sleep and light sleep patterns. The HR monitor is great. On some machines at my gym it syncs and the HR is pretty accurate as far as calories burned normally within 20-30 calories of each other.
  • mmarshall74
    mmarshall74 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge HR and am considering upgrading to the new Vivosmart HR.... waterproof and better workout tracking and smartphone functions... my Fitbit I've had for about 7 months and really enjoy it. FitBit and MFP have helped me lose ~ 50lbs since March.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @andyluvv @shadow2soul

In Runkeeper Premium, you can pre-program a custom workout with warm up, cool down and various splits. For example, I have a workout set up with a 5 min warm up walk, 1 miles moderate run, 2 min walk, 1 miles moderate run, 2 min walk, 1 miles moderate run, 2 min walk, 1 miles moderate run, and finish with a 20 min cool down walk. I also use the Wahoo fitness app. which allows you to mark the various laps on the fly. I have the companion Casio BT watch so just one button push. While the Wahoo fitness app is only phone based, no web app, you can send the workout to MapMyFitness and see the splits there. You do need to pay for premium to see HR data, though.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have two. I use a Fitbit Flex in a magnetic clip on my T-shirt when I'm out shopping or pushing a cart. For normal daily use, I have a Fitbit Charge.

I purchased my Fitbit Flex used on eBay. I paid $30 for it. Wiped the outside down with alcohol, tossed the yucky used band and put it in the magnetic case.