cleansing

Has anyone use a detox cleansing or a tea if so which are best I think I really need one?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited September 2015
    If you have a working liver & kidneys, you don't need a cleanse.

Drink plenty of water/fluid, get enough fiber & fat in your diet, and your body will handle the rest :)

~Lyssa
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Absolutely not necessary. There is nothing that you can eat or drink that will "detox" better than your liver.

Just start eating at a calorie deficit. You will lose weight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Why do you need one?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Water.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    They range from totally unneeded to dangerous.

Your body is set up to "detox" itself, and if it isn't, you need to see a doctor.
  • Jboo7825
    Jboo7825 Posts: 21 Member
    Iam feeling really bloated & its not time for mother nature.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Did you have a meal high in sodium? That could cause some bloating.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Don't under estimate the use of a great liver. I can say this because I have witnessed my husband losing his use of his liver. Its not a pretty sight. You go into an " amonia coma" when your body has too many toxins in your bloodstream. Its like flipping a switch on your body and minds capacity to complete the simplest tasks. So just treat your liver right. Drink water, and let your body detox itself in its own time.....(and by the way, my husband got his new liver and he is up and running) and NO he wasn't a drinker...it was the luck of the draw. Maybe something that he was born with who knows.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    @Jboo7825 if you feel bloated, have you tried eating really clean with low sodium and working out for a few days to get rid of that feeling?

I have never tried those fitness teas but I have a coworker that tried it and liked it. Flattummytea.com is what she used.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Lol @ flattummytea.

It's really sad what people get duped into wasting their money on.
  • Annr
    many many eons ago, I remember a folklore myth of someone accidently dropping their weight-loss pill into their water...and a worm came out of it.....TRUE STORY!!....well that got me grossed out into ever trying a weighloss or diet tea EVER....
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Just try to drink a lot of fluids and wait it out, it will pass, no special cleanses necessary!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited September 2015
    Flat tummy tea is just a laxative in tea form.... OP, Save your money

The first ingredient is Senna.
    Senna is a natural medicine containing sennosides that are derived from the leaves of the senna plant. Sennosides irritate the lining of the bowel causing a laxative effect. Senna has been used in alternative medicine as a laxative and an aid to treat constipation.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Cleanses and teas are really just a waste of money and can do more damage than good. I had a friend who had serious problems when she stripped all the good bacteria from the gimmic teas. Like it was previously stated, your liver and kidney's already cleanse your body. If you are feeling bloated drink plenty of water, go for a 10 minute walk, lower sodium intake, increase your fiber.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Fiber and veggies and water! And your good to go :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Detoxes and cleanses are a waste of money. Here's the simple question that their packaging and advocates never seem to answer .. exactly what "toxins" does the cleanse remove that the body doesn't already expel through normal processes?

The teas are simply liquid laxatives. The warning that you may go to the bathroom are accurate ... plan accordingly if you do waste your money on them and then actually consume them after reading the warnings.
  • Jboo7825
    Jboo7825 Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks guys I won't use it, I will let my body do its normal job I guess its just the change. :/
  • Annr
    :smiley:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Jboo7825 wrote: »
    Thanks guys I won't use it, I will let my body do its normal job I guess its just the change. :/

Yeah, those hormones fluctuating can make you feel all bloated and crummy. As many have said, make sure you are getting enough fluids and perhaps cut your sodium down a little and let your body do its job.

Remember, there is an end. Yay for menopause! I am five years post menopausal and feel better than I had for a long time, and some of it is because I don't have to deal with the hormone cycles.