Weight loss slump after starting exercise program?

Options
2»

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Maybe see what ur protein is per day. U may not be eaying enough protien to build/repair muscle.

This would have nothing to do with weight loss.

If ur not eating enough protein to repair muscles u lose muscle and store fat. Ur body thinks its "winter" no protein, must store fat. Goes back yo caveman days but protein can have a big impact of how and what u lose
    Too much protein and ur body cant use and will convert it to fat and stalk weight loss.
    We actually only need 1g protein per kg of lean body mass

Wat?

That was a new one.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Back to the original question - when I started doing exercise, took about 3-4 weeks for the weight to start coming off again.
  • Sashall211
    Sashall211 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Your responses are all appreciated! I am definitely sore and funny enough what makes me the most sore is yoga! But I love it too. Will update again in a few weeks to let you all know!
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sashall211 wrote: »
    Charliejenny- I feel your frustration! I also have a HUGE chest which makes running/jobbing literally a huge pain! I splurge with half and half and real sugar in my morning tea every day. It's my one thing I can't seem to give up! Otherwise I'd rather not even eat sweets. Can't stand aspartame/Splenda/Stevie etc

A good sports bra should help with that. Look into brands like Shock Absorber and panache (you can sometimes find them on sale on amazon).

I was a 38G the first time I bought an Shock Absorber bra and while it gave me a uniboob, it held things in place perfectly.

edit: wrote under armour by mistake...not sure why...I've never owned a UA bra in my life.

The shock absorber is amazing! I have a G-FF cup but they barely move in this bra... and it's fairly comfy too. If you don't like running, there are tons of low impact things you can do: walking, elliptical, bike, swim, low impact aerobics, water aerobics, etc. Fitness blender has some good low impact videos on youtube. I can't do high impact due to a spinal injury, but can still get a good workout in that won't hurt.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm was a 34K and wear Freya sports bras (I need new ones, I'm a 32 K now). I like them because they don't do the uniboob thing, but they do keep everything very nicely in place. I've just starting jogging, and they work just fine.

OP, two things: yes, adding new exercise or increasing the intensity of existing exercise will add water weight while you adjust to a new routine.

However:

If you're not currently weighing your food, even though you think you're overestimating your portions, you could still be very much underestimating them. Even professional dietitians are poor at estimating their intake:

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/index.php/free-content/free-content/volume-1-issue-8-do-dietitians-accurately-report-their-food-intake-and-confirmation-bias/do-dietitians-accurately-report-their-food-intake/
  • Sashall211
    Sashall211 Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    There are definitely days where I probably am over what I should be but more often than not, at night I'm at around 800-900 cals and actually need to eat something else so MFP doesn't yell at me about not eating enough calories. I realize I have to eat enough to fuel my body. I just barely get any time at all to myself (two very active kids!) I frequently eat prepared foods like yogurt, soup, protein bars or sunflower bread etc that are a specific # of cals so I'm not having to weigh foods or normal sized fruits/veg and if I am not logging something, its usually (seriously) like one or two bites of something of my kids food. Sometimes I'll grab a glass of skim milk to put me over the 1000 but I also have a general sense when I've probably forgotten to log something so I just let the calories go at under 1000. I'm somewhat sticking to the old weight watchers standard of protein should be no more than the size of your palm or a deck of cards. Chicken or lean steak is no more than three normal sized slices, baked potato the sixe of a large egg, lots of veg etc. the one place I do measure is with half & half, sugar, olive oil/fats, alcohol and butter. Not that there aren't nights where I'm starving! But I'm also lazy and just deal with the hunger versus going downstairs for food!

I've cut out a lot of the traditional carbs like sugar, sweets, white rice and white bread but I still have them from time to time. There was a month there that I was over by 300-400 cals a day but I reined it back in. I think I'm just in a weight loss rut. I am losing, I am just being impatient about how quickly its coming off. I need new clothes and am annoyed that I have to spend money on "in between" sizes. Right now I live in workout gear-cheap and comfy, but I won't be able to do that indefinitely!