Tracking pasta

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I just made penne. 2 oz dry made 4 1/8 ounces cooked. I cook to al dente - I imagine it will weigh more if cooked longer.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    So then, would you just double it, if you were to weigh it cooked? Would that be so bad? I'm just now starting to weigh more foods, so that I transition well when eye-balling doesn't work anymore. Plus I like to use what I learn here in daily life, for other people at work, or friends/family
  • 89GermanG
    89GermanG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just weigh the dry noodles and cook it separately instead of picking them out? I assume you cook for your whole family and put all the noodles in one pot? I often cook my food separately so I can be sure how many calories my food has
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    89GermanG wrote: »
    Why don't you just weigh the dry noodles and cook it separately instead of picking them out? I assume you cook for your whole family and put all the noodles in one pot? I often cook my food separately so I can be sure how many calories my food has

Thats more work then I am willing to put in. As it is by the time I weigh and get everything entered Im the last one to sit down at the dinner table.

• newyorkcitymom
    newyorkcitymom Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the recipe builder. I just add all the ingredients I'm using, then I weigh it into ounces and say the # of servings equals the # of ounces - e.g., if it weights 60 ounces, that's 60 servings. Then I weigh out how many ounces I take and put that in as the number of servings. It's really easy to do as cooking and allows me to save and use leftovers really easily because it's already calculated - and I can customize how much I take rather than having to eyeball portions (e.g., a quarter of the total, etc, which is how I used to do it).