Do you distribute calories evenly, decrease as day goes by, or something else?

Options
2»

Replies

• Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    In the winter months I do the 16/8 IF and make my first meal lunch. It saves me plenty of calories for after my evening workouts. In the summer months I eat a bigger breakfast and lunch due to increased early outdoor workouts. Changing it up helps me not get bored:)
  • Winter_Girl92
    Winter_Girl92 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am on 1780 calories a day. I usually skip breakfast, have 400 calories for lunch, 300 calorie snacks distributed over 5 hours and about 1000 calories for dinner. This makes me happy and I don't every feel deprived. I love eating a huge dinner haha.
  • vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm around 1400 a day, and try to save my calories for later at night. It's stupid but I find if I log everything I'm planning on eating for the day and only have 100 calories left I get quite anxious, and worried that I'll be hungry and won't have any calories left. My thinking seems to get quite disordered quite quickly like that, so I find having a smaller calorie allotment for early in the day keeps those thoughts from occurring.

If I have breakfast, I'll go usually 300 max, 300 for lunch and try to get my dinner around 500, max. That gives me still 300 to play with which again, does give me some anxiety but more of a manageable amount.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I actually tend to eat less in the day, and save it all for the evening.

So, I currently aim at 1700. In a perfect work, I want to have at least 800 set aside for dinner and an evening snack, preferably 900. I eat dinner with my boyfriend who is not calorie-restricting and my somewhat picky six-year-old, so I like to have as many calories as possible to enjoy things like pizza or chicken with biscuits and veggies or a bowl of ice cream with them. And on days where I don't have my son and we eat lighter fare, I have even more dessert calories, lol. (Or a larger deficit, which'll make up for an inevitable snacky day during the week.)

I tend toward small, light breakfasts (egg whites on toast, yogurt, small bowl of cereal), a small mid-morning snack (usually yogurt or apples or something like that). Lunch is a crap-shoot. Sometimes it's leftovers, sometimes it's a salad, but it will always have chocolate. :)
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I use to eat six times a day and it sucked I never felt full or satisfied now I typically eat twice sometimes three times and a lot of my meals are well over 1000 calories I like it because I get to feel full twice a day..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    not even
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm flexible. I'm doing a small cut right now, but when I'm at maintenance, breakfast is 500-600, 250-300 cal snack, 600-700 lunch, 250-300 cal snack, the rest at dinner (to get to between 2300-2600).
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat most of my calories at the end of the day. I never eat breakfast, have a light lunch, then whatever I want for dinner plus I have room for some snacks afterwards.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat until 1pm, and am usually in bed by 9pm....so I eat all my calories (between 1500-2200 depending on how far I have run that day) between 1pm and 9pm.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm all over the place depending on the day.