Early morning gym goers?

Options
Hello!

I get up about 4 am each morning and hit the gym before work. Anyone else prefer the wee hours of the morning to get r done?

Replies

• Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I HATE the wee hours, but I hate missing my workout more. I'm there with ya, girl!
  • Nicki_G724
    Nicki_G724 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I HATE the wee hours, but I hate missing my workout more. I'm there with ya, girl!

Trust me...I love me some sleep in time but I can't find the time after work!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I did last year out of necessity, but as soon as I could rearrange my schedule, I did.
  • Nicki_G724
    Options
    I did last year out of necessity, but as soon as I could rearrange my schedule, I did.

I wish I could do that...I technically could but it'd be a lot of extra gas...I'll stick with my 4 am for now until my other half gets a car...lol
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    4-5 days a week I'm at the gym at 5:15a doing my cardio & weights. I meet my girlfriend and we're working out & motivating each other. We like getting it out of the way. Evenings things just come up esp. with kids, husbands & dinner. Gettin it done ladies ;)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I do. And because I often have 2-a-days, I have to get at least 1 workout in in the morning.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    When I was single, I went to bed early, got up around 5, and went to the gym before work. My body prefers that, but I'm not able to get to sleep early enough for that now. Also, I currently live in a two family house and have to take my neighbor's sleep schedule into account - they are more or less on my fiance's schedule as well.
  • Nicki_G724
    Options
    dljones67 wrote: »
    Evenings things just come up esp. with kids, husbands & dinner. Gettin it done ladies ;)

HA! Like I cook....he can make his own dinner...lol
  • Nicki_G724
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    When I was single, I went to bed early, got up around 5, and went to the gym before work. My body prefers that, but I'm not able to get to sleep early enough for that now. Also, I currently live in a two family house and have to take my neighbor's sleep schedule into account - they are more or less on my fiance's schedule as well.

Yeah I deal with the bf's schedule, if he doesn't like it then he can quit telling me to lose weight...lol
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person so it's easy to get to the gym before 5:30.......and it's not nearly as crowded!!!!!
  • Nicki_G724
    Options
    There's gotta be more than just the 7 of us in the world...lol
  • RosieMoo1
    RosieMoo1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm am a morning gym goer, 5.30am alarm call for metafit, insanity, yoga, body pump, circuits.. And I'm an evening goer sometimes too... Spinning, more yoga etc... New to this site.. Any help or motivation welcome xx
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I won't say I'm up in the wee hours, but the days I fit in the gym early (at 6am) I feel very proud of myself for getting it out of the way, and always turn up to work in a good mood. It's also nice to enjoy the extra calories throughout the day.
  • Nicki_G724
    Options
    RosieMoo1 wrote: »
    Hi I'm am a morning gym goer, 5.30am alarm call for metafit, insanity, yoga, body pump, circuits.. And I'm an evening goer sometimes too... Spinning, more yoga etc... New to this site.. Any help or motivation welcome xx

Welcome! I've never tried body pump but heard it's amazing. Is that true? Lol

• Nicki_G724
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I won't say I'm up in the wee hours, but the days I fit in the gym early (at 6am) I feel very proud of myself for getting it out of the way, and always turn up to work in a good mood. It's also nice to enjoy the extra calories throughout the day.

I've too noticed that the early workout makes me welcome the day rather than hate it's entrance into my day...lol

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5am to get the gym out of the way before work. It's much less crowded and I love having my nights freed up. The energy burst is great first thing in the morning.
  • Nicki_G724
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    I wake up at 5am to get the gym out of the way before work. It's much less crowded and I love having my nights freed up. The energy burst is great first thing in the morning.

Oh yes! There are only a couple around in the mornings. At nights I can never get on the machine I want because of the crowds lol.
  • scottver2
    scottver2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Up at 4, at the gym by 5...every morning. I really hated this regimen at first, since it's only out of necessity due to my schedule, but after a year my body has adapted and I can't sleep past 5:30am anyway...even if I tried. Plus, I've noticed more energy throughout the day when I start my day early.
  • Nicki_G724
    Options
    scottver2 wrote: »
    Up at 4, at the gym by 5...every morning. I really hated this regimen at first, since it's only out of necessity due to my schedule, but after a year my body has adapted and I can't sleep past 5:30am anyway...even if I tried. Plus, I've noticed more energy throughout the day when I start my day early.

Yeah, my schedule has me up at 4 at the gym by 430. I'm living it though. Gives me time to clear my head.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on complete opposite sleep/gym schedules. I'm an early morning riser, I wake about 4:30 and hit the gym (or pavement) about 5:30 or 6:00. This came to me naturally after years of waking with babies. They turned me from a night owl into a morning person. The change stuck.

My husband remained a night owl. He hits the gym around 9:30 or 10:00 at night.

Keeping to our natural sleep/energy patterns keeps us both happy and sane!