Early morning gym goers?

Options

Replies

• nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't go every morning, but try to go Mon-Wed-Friday (and Sundays, but then not as early), and on those days I'm up by 5 and at the gym and already warming up by 5.30 (when my fitbit alarm goes off, as I keep forgetting to remove it). I have to get up that early to be able to do my rehab routine before I need to head to work (and I would like to shower and eat before I leave; something my co-workers prefer too!) and I know I won't do it after work when I'll be too tired.

There's also that sense of accomplishment that comes from "getting it over with" that makes me feel stronger through-out the day.

And, as a bonus, people in my area of the gym don't tend to show up until about 6 am, which means I've got the lay of the land for at least half an hour. Totally worth the earlier wake-up call!
  • lmlilly
    lmlilly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started getting up at 4am when I joined a new gym and they wanted $6/day for childcare. That's $30/week, on top of my monthly dues. Too rich for my blood. (I was paying $5/month at previous gym.

Now that I've been doing it for more than a year I love it. I get there around 4:40, I run a little, take a spin class. It's still dark when I leave on non-lifting days.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    9am cycling class is my love. Sadly I've been missing it because of school. I need to get that back in gear cause my classes don't even start until 11am
  • HMS0011
    HMS0011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love morning workouts! I've been going at 5:30/6 am just about every weekday for 3 years now. I don't even feel like I'm doing it to get it out of the way anymore, I really actually enjoy it. When everyone else gets to work exhausted, I feel like I've already had some "me time" for the day and I'm definitely wide awake!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I love the a.m. workout
  • 46HealthyMe
    46HealthyMe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also get up at 4 so I can have a cup of coffee before heading to the gym. I love working out in the morning.
  • ajesmum
    ajesmum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nicki_G724 wrote: »
    Hello!

I get up about 4 am each morning and hit the gym before work. Anyone else prefer the wee hours of the morning to get r done?

I'm right behind ya at 0430! Love to get my workout finished before the family wakens. 6-days a week #homegym
  • Nicki_G724
    Nicki_G724 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Home gym? Lucky!!! I have to go out in the cold and drive to mine lol
  • ajesmum
    ajesmum Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Storage room conversion - favorite room in the house now! "Me time"! Simple equipment is all you need with a little bit of research. :)
  • phat072015
    phat072015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is what I want to start doing. But cannot wake up. !! So shameful! N cannot work out any other time if the day.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Me me me me me!!!!! I'm up at 4. In the gym by 4.15 then at work by 6am
    Best time of the day!!!
  • jpssteel21
    jpssteel21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    4:30 am, 5 days a week. In fact, I am replying right now at 4:45am!! If my day goes crazy at work or I can't make the gym at night.. I feel blessed I already knocked out my workout. The only problem is I am dead by 10pm and falling fast asleep..
  • Nicki_G724
    Options
    jpssteel21 wrote: »
    4:30 am, 5 days a week. In fact, I am replying right now at 4:45am!! If my day goes crazy at work or I can't make the gym at night.. I feel blessed I already knocked out my workout. The only problem is I am dead by 10pm and falling fast asleep..

I hit the sack around 8:30 pm, otherwise it's so hard to drag myself out of bed in the morning!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Yep 9.30 is a late night for me too
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone that goes to the gym in the morning. I'd die.
  • Nicki_G724
    Options
    sarab920 wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone that goes to the gym in the morning. I'd die.

Nah...you wouldn't die! Only takes 21 days to make a habit!!! :)

• monicarungood
    monicarungood Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My gym schedule can vary week to week - I used to be in the gym by 5am MWF, but I have a Tuesday night running group now and I don't always get to bed early enough for Wednesday mornings and will sometimes go in the evening. That being said, I much prefer a 5am workout if I can help it. I like not having to think about it after work.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep, I finish by 4am. Best way to do it!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning swimmer, in the OUTSIDE pool by 5:45am. I wear my heavy robe and boots to drive to the pool. One morning last year it was 28 degrees when I got out of the pool and my back locked up. Right then I decided I wouldn't swim when it's below freezing.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning swimmer, in the OUTSIDE pool by 5:45am. I wear my heavy robe and boots to drive to the pool. One morning last year it was 28 degrees when I got out of the pool and my back locked up. Right then I decided I wouldn't swim when it's below freezing.

I forgot to say that I have to take meds an hour before I can eat, so I get up at 4 to take my meds. Do yoga while waking up so I can eat something to fuel my swim.
    Reading this, I think I need a new sport...