Progress Pics

Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 24,808 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
We might not be quite at "success" yet (or maybe some of you are) ... but we're making progress, even if we don't always feel like we're making progress. And sometimes the pictures can tell the tale.

So let's see the progress you're making ... :)

PS. I see some of you have progress pics in your profiles. :grin:

Replies

• Machka9
    edited September 2015
    January 2015: Before ... and actually, I gained a couple kg after that photo was taken and before I started with MFP (mid-Feb).
    15997975957_849d946017.jpg

April 2015: After losing about 10 kg ...
    17109608965_1099be39b4.jpg

September 2015: Getting close to "after" ... I'm not quite at my goal yet.
    21377406149_4a4f80506b.jpg
    21377405539_ceb0d599e2.jpg

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Really visible difference! Great job!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Awesomeness!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Fabulous! Job well done.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    edited September 2015
    I had to dig to find some pics. I don't really like photos being taken of me, so I just looked at my mom's FB page (lol).

Before, in my early twenties. Probably not my largest, not really sure. Definitely before I could beard, and before I stopped wearing contacts (allergies make contacts difficult now).
    1929052_1054549799221_6046751_n_zps5pziztmk.jpg?t=1442896439

After. This was just about two or three years ago (so 28-29 years old). I'm in the middle. The rest of them are my ALL my siblings. Still had about 30 lbs to lose at that point.
    11350512_10204399746648979_9083602865464444416_n_zpszxv3sfcm.jpg?t=1442896553

Mother's day this year. That's my nephew, and my step-daughter (I miss her dearly). He'll be one this week, and she'll be six in a bit less than a month.
    IMAG0069_zps6tf4nilu.jpg

Last week. About 13 pounds off from when I started logging, already a visible difference (for me). And a notably nicer beard.
    IMAG0188_zpsppd6zy8w.jpg

I really want to wear that Saved by the Bell shirt again. Tiffani Amber Thiessen. <3

I forgot how much better I looked at that weight. It's a great motivator. Visible biceps and triceps without flexing? Yes please! Way better than the flab I replaced it with. And shoulders so sharp I could put an eye out. ;D

I know how and why I let myself go... but why the hell did I let myself go? XD
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    edited September 2015
    12003913_10153274738743246_4188677280977052787_n.jpg

3 stone down another 2 to go, recently been on al all inclusive holiday and put on 8 bloody pounds!!! all my weigh came from having 2 girls in 13 months!
  • Machka9
    Looking good VykkDraygoVPR and leahcollett1. :)

And thank everyone :smiley: Soon, I want to start working on my upper body. I have fairly decent muscle tone in my legs, but my arms are spindly twigs.

BTW - one of the reasons I started this thread is because I have had a lot of trouble seeing any change. When I look at myself in the mirror, I see the same person as when I started. It wasn't until my husband took those photos of me on the beach last weekend that it really hit me ... there has been a change! :grin: It does help to compare "now" with "then".
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

And thank everyone :smiley: Soon, I want to start working on my upper body. I have fairly decent muscle tone in my legs, but my arms are spindly twigs.

BTW - one of the reasons I started this thread is because I have had a lot of trouble seeing any change. When I look at myself in the mirror, I see the same person as when I started. It wasn't until my husband took those photos of me on the beach last weekend that it really hit me ... there has been a change! :grin: It does help to compare "now" with "then".

omg same here! i see the same person in the mirror that i seen after having 2 babies.. the only proof really i know of is of course the scales but mostly, that this time last year i shopped for a size 20 coat - yesterday i went in the same shop and bought a size 16 coat!!! yippeee!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member

as long as ive been here, youd think i would have figured out how to post pics but... nooooooooooooope. LOL

and im the same- i ONLY see the difference in pictures. in the mirror i still look 260 pounds.

ive just come to accept what i see isn't the realty. LOL
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member

[...]

Thanks! Same to you. And there definitely is a difference, so don't keep fooling yourself with the mirror. ;)

I don't have trouble seeing the small changes during the journey, but I didn't realize just how much weight I had regained until I saw that pic. I mean, 30-40 pounds doesn't sound like a lot, but it sure looks like a lot. Imma have to keep at it and keep a better photo log this time. Far more useful than I imagined.
  • maq0213
    maq0213 Posts: 2 Member
    Good job, keep it up,
    BTW I love biking as well. Lol
  • Minervus
    Minervus Posts: 9 Member
    Warning! All these pictures suck because I'm just not very good at taking "selfies". Kids these days, am I right?
    Before: 9 months ago I was at 231 lbs, and not very happy with my body. I was "sucking it in" to the best of my abilities.

ra1mee6enrkp.jpg

After: At 175, I'm still not at my goal, but I'm lighter than I've ever been. I'm also a lot happier and don't mind looking at myself in the mirror. c:

ej1loeqju47n.png
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Awesome work!
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Wow. You look great! :)
  • elkhunter7x6
    elkhunter7x6 Posts: 88 Member
    Yall look incredible!
  • tabletmfp
    tabletmfp Posts: 53 Member
    We might not be quite at "success" yet (or maybe some of you are) ... but we're making progress, even if we don't always feel like we're making progress. And sometimes the pictures can tell the tale.

So let's see the progress you're making ... :)

PS. I see some of you have progress pics in your profiles. :grin:

• desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    07bcvt4k9x9s.jpeg
    8kk5omhx7e0f.jpeg

Highest weight 180 back in 2008. Current weight 128-132.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You're all beautiful! And Inspirational! :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    Looking good peeps!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Here's my most recent

1ayu0mo18en6.jpg