Feeling Like a Piece of **** Loser

Options
I did awesome from Monday to this evening until I got a low blood sugar this evening. I got into a Reese at Walmart to treat the low, it didn't feel it was working so i pounded an icecream cone too, then others were eating onion rings so I ate those too. Now I feel like such a piece of **** and that I wasted all my hard work this week and that Im always gonna be stuck with this body i hate..... I hate food and what it does to my brain. I hate my brain and what it makes me think of food. Lose lose situation....But I can guarantee that I will start fresh tomorrow and continue this journey. It sure is a long, rough one. I can't even have any more kids cause I know i will have a nervous break down if I gain weight again and can't lose it quickly. Wouldn't be good.

Replies

• PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You should've followed it up with a couple of margaritas.

That at least would've improved your mood.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Hey! It's one day...no need to beat yourself up about it. Think of it as a treat to yourself for doing so well!
    You're damn straight tomorrow is a fresh start and you will do amazing! Don't stress so much about it. c:

Also, sugar isn't the greatest way to treat low blood sugar, strange as it may sound. It's an instant fix that raises your sugar levels too quickly and shocks the pancreas into releasing insulin, which just brings your sugars right back down. Eventually if this cycle continues it can lead to diabetes because your pancreas gets tired and isn't releasing the insulin anymore.

The best way to do it is to pair a complex carb with a protein, so the protein helps the carb release the sugars gradually into your system so it doesn't go into sugar shock, IE a whole grain sandwich with some meat and spinach on it.

If you absolutely have to, use glucose tablets or a small piece of candy, but try to get some real food into your system asap.

I'm not sure if you're hypoglycemic but here's some snack ideas regardless:
    http://voices.yahoo.com/great-lunch-food-snacks-hypoglycemia-blood-2517223.html?cat=51

http://www.vegancoach.com/hypoglycemic-vegan.html

Good luck! Feel better soon. c:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    h to the no. That gif stopped working.

Amber. Reported.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Chin up chick.. We all have crappy bad day's i.e I "rewarded" myself with a KFC yesterday after my swim :sad: but as you wisely stated tomorrow will be a fresh start for you :bigsmile:
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day. Everybody's a loser once in a while. If this was easy everybody would be in good shape all the time!

Just mark it down as a "carb loading" day :tongue:
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself. You haven't lost all the weight in a day, and you aren't going to gain it back in a day. It happens to the best of us. I went to the movies last week, and ended up eating a large bag of skittles, a box of mike and ikes and a bad of chocolate covered pomegranates. The total damage was about 800 calories, and on my one rest day, so no chance to burn it off. So what? I've eaten great every day since then, and my fat loss hasn't slowed down. Give yourself a break and do better starting...now.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Have you considered seeing someone about your relationship with food? And self esteem too maybe?
  • dash_it_emily
    Options
    One meal does not ruin a whole week! I definitely know how it feels that way, I've totally been there, but take things one meal at a time. Start fresh with your next meal (I find starting fresh "tomorrow" quickly turns into "Monday" which quickly turns into "next week" and so on). You can do this!
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    Hopefully this is just one bad day you're having. You're 'about me' section in your profile looks logical. Maybe reread it to remind yourself what you've gotta do. It's just one day. You got this!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    maybe you should blog instead of making topics.

trying to reassure you doesnt seem to work
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options
    chocolate covered pomegranates

The endless combinations of chocolate covered stuff never ceases to amaze me.

Chocolate is as universal a food pairing as bacon! You can chocolate cover anything.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hey! It's one day...no need to beat yourself up about it. Think of it as a treat to yourself for doing so well!
    You're damn straight tomorrow is a fresh start and you will do amazing! Don't stress so much about it. c:

Also, sugar isn't the greatest way to treat low blood sugar, strange as it may sound. It's an instant fix that raises your sugar levels too quickly and shocks the pancreas into releasing insulin, which just brings your sugars right back down. Eventually if this cycle continues it can lead to diabetes because your pancreas gets tired and isn't releasing the insulin anymore.

The best way to do it is to pair a complex carb with a protein, so the protein helps the carb release the sugars gradually into your system so it doesn't go into sugar shock, IE a whole grain sandwich with some meat and spinach on it.

If you absolutely have to, use glucose tablets or a small piece of candy, but try to get some real food into your system asap.

I'm not sure if you're hypoglycemic but here's some snack ideas regardless:
    http://voices.yahoo.com/great-lunch-food-snacks-hypoglycemia-blood-2517223.html?cat=51

http://www.vegancoach.com/hypoglycemic-vegan.html

Good luck! Feel better soon. c:

I have type 1 diabetes and on insulin.....
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Have you considered seeing someone about your relationship with food? And self esteem too maybe?

NO that costs money...
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

NO that costs money...

Sweet, negative nancy...

there's a lot of good free resources online. Google is a pretty handy tool.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

^^^^ this

You say that you hate your body and are incredibly stressed about losing weight, continuously post thread after thread obsessing about the ins and outs of losing weight or berating yourself (like this one), but you only have 8 lbs left on your ticker . It seems that the level of anxiety that losing that weight is causing you may be disproportionate.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Are you Hypoglycemic? I have episodes like that...or should I say have had? I just found out I am diabetic now. That's beside the point.

The glucose tabs are helpful. I also carried a protein bar or raisins in my purse at all times.

At least you realize you had a bad day and don't intend to keep having them. Good for You.

Don't beat yourself up to much over One bad day.

Virtual Hugs sent.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Booze is the answer to everything.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options

I've got it! Chocolate covered booze!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options

I've got it! Chocolate covered booze!
    BRANDY BEANS!
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    One meal does not ruin a whole week! I definitely know how it feels that way, I've totally been there, but take things one meal at a time. Start fresh with your next meal (I find starting fresh "tomorrow" quickly turns into "Monday" which quickly turns into "next week" and so on). You can do this!

THIS! Don't wait until 'tomorrow' ... begin with the next meal or the next 'snack'! You can do a lot of damage before 'tomorrow', or the next 'tomorrow'.