Feeling Like a Piece of **** Loser

Options

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Have you considered seeing someone about your relationship with food? And self esteem too maybe?

I very much agree with this.
    It sounds as if you need to work on your self confidence and self respect, as without those, you will find It very difficult to get a grip on your relationship with food. How can you eat in a way that treats your body kindly, when you think so unkindly of yourself ?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    maybe you should blog instead of making topics.

trying to reassure you doesnt seem to work

you seem like an *kitten*..she not on here for you to make her feel worse.keep your nasty comments to yourself..no one on here wants to hear negative comments

You seem like the sort of person who cannot handle honesty when it isn't wrapped in bunny fur and dipped in rainbows. If the OP doesn't want reassurance, but needs some sort of creative outlet to "vent" then blogging is what is best suited for her needs.

I suggest growing thicker skin, especially when comments aren't directed at you.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts. I hate failure and when I go over on cals or eat junk food I feel like i had failed. That is why i feel like a piece of **** loser. But after reading the posts, I feel better and im moving on. Thanks guys.... Mmmm raspberries, yes! Then bed. Gnight all.

Each time you feel you have failed, you need to forget the moment, and look to what you are doing well in. There is no failure anyway, how can you fail at eating? You can have a splurge, a lapse, a slip up, a bad eating day, overdoing things a bit, eating more than is comfortable, but that is not failing, it is just being human. The way to deal with it, is to just shrug and move on with the plan or you are setting yourself up for so much misery and stress. Start loving yourself for the complete person you are, and stop hating yourself for the few bits you cannot immediately change.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

you seem like an *kitten*..she not on here for you to make her feel worse.keep your nasty comments to yourself..no one on here wants to hear negative comments

I do I do!!!!

Plus, the point was a valid one. Blogging could very well be a better venue for the continuous reassurances that OP needs.
    no people dont want to hear negative remarks.they want positive criticism...theres a difference.one is to help the other will hinder becaus eits doing no good

You seem rather hypocritical.
    You're being negative to Crank and people don't want to hear negative, right?

OP, journaling - whether here or on paper could be very beneficial to you.
    It's one day and maybe getting some help is a good idea.
    It doesn't need to be all nothing because you're just making it harder for yourself.

thank you to everyone who has said something

I HAVE tried to help this OP numerous times and so have others.
    I was just suggesting that using the blog feature to get out her feelings instead of repeatedly posting on the forums would help her.

i feel it is a valid point.

thx for the personal attack to the person who called me a name.

ouch.

you showed me!
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    Well.

Clearly it was meant to be. I think Walmart is open 24 hrs.

i kind of like you.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    :noway: OP, please don't take this the wrong way, but you are T1 diabetic. Corrections are not new to you and if they are, and you are newly diagnosed, I apologize as I hear the learning curve can be a tough row to hoe.

If you're not new to the wonderful world of diabetes, then you know that the carby stuff you ate wasn't the way to treat a hypo :huh: ...but it's over now and I suspect you've tested & corrected as needed. Live & learn.

Glucose tabs are the best way for *you* to treat a low, your diabetic counselor or CDI should've covered that with you. Dr. Richard K. Bernstein (available on kindle for cheeeep) Diabetes Solution is an excellent source for management. Manage your dz and you will manage your relationship to food.

I know when my bg's are upwards of 140ish mg/dl I don't lose weight. I'm eating low carb, high fat & finding that I get full easily & quickly as a result, I've stopped logging foods. Just not necessary anymore =)

I wish you the best, I'm sorry a velociraptor ate your pancreas, it sucks wind :ohwell: .
    Now get off your butt and tomorrow, do what you need to do :drinker:
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Well.

Clearly it was meant to be. I think Walmart is open 24 hrs.

i kind of like you.

<Waggles eyebrows>
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    As the great Scarlett Katherine O'Hara once said...Tomorrow is another day! :smile:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    HON, PLEASE DON'T BE SO SAD. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. IT'S OVER AND DONE WITH- WE ALL HAVE OUR DAYS LIKE THIS. WITH ME IT'S DEFINATELY ICE CREAM :-)
    CHIN UP AND JUMP RIGHT BACK IN TOMORROW. YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT, WE JUST CHOOSE TO BE MORE HEALTHY- TOGETHER. WE ALL STUMBLE AND HELP EACH OTHER PICK OURSELVES BACK UP. YOU HANG IN THERE AND I WILL TOO!

Why are you yelling?
    Because of the unfreezing process, she has difficulty controlling THE VOLUME OF HER VOICE.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    It's one day...not going to kill your diet :) We all have these days, the important part is to get right back up and not focus on choices you've already made but future choices. If you need the sweet treats to regulate your blood sugar just build them into your caloric intake.
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    You should've followed it up with a couple of margaritas.

That at least would've improved your mood.

Booze is the answer to everything.

I've got it! Chocolate covered booze!

rogue chocolate stout

1vy1m.gif

<= Rogue Chocolate Stout with New Orleans Style Cream Cheese Ice Cream.

THATS IT!

we MUST do this!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options
    IN for Rogue Chocolate Stout with New Orleans Style Cream Cheese Ice Cream topped with chocolate covered espresso beans.

And bacon.
  • InvisibleOne_
    Options

That was mean...more mean than anything I've ever said in the forums. Your account should be removed.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options

That was mean...more mean than anything I've ever said in the forums. Your account should be removed.

Which one?
  • CrankMeUp
    Options

hi lover:heart:
  • mudphlaps
    mudphlaps Posts: 5
    Options
    Some good tips are found in the Mars & Venus Diet & Exercise Solution by John Gray. He discusses how to eat for your brain/mood/hormones. VERY informative and some good recipes.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options

hi lover:heart:

nvm...
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    IN for Rogue Chocolate Stout with New Orleans Style Cream Cheese Ice Cream topped with chocolate covered espresso beans.

And bacon.

YES!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Some good tips are found in the Mars & Venus Diet & Exercise Solution by John Gray. He discusses how to eat for your brain/mood/hormones. VERY informative and some good recipes.

I would post the "Wait, What?" gif here, but it's broken.

Stellar first post! :huh:
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    Options

I would post the "Wait, What?" gif here, but it's broken.

Stellar first post! :huh:

I give high marks for the Screen Name and Profile Pic, tho.