Where you from? And what do you do?

Options

Replies

• citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ab. Canada, work in a group home for mentally and physically challenged people
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm from a tiny little speck of a town between Buffalo and Rochester, NY (about 45 minutes from Niagara Falls). I currently live in Central VA, but am moving to Moscow in August.
    I'm a full-time grad. student getting my Master's in Education, and an ESL teacher, which is not what I'm doing right now, but will be doing in Moscow.
    From Atlanta, Georgia, USA but live and teach English in South Korea (and in the Republic of Georgia before that).
    I taught in Muju, South Korea last year, and would love to visit Georgia (the country). Looks beautiful.

Which speck?

Medina

Breezed thru it on the way to Rochester to play poker! I'd wave but it seems you move around a lot!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in San Jose, CA. I live in Irondale (Port Hadlock), WA. I'm mostly retired, but I do some volunteer work at my church, and I have a part-time job.

I was born at Valley Med in SJ and raised in Cupertino.
  • OtherCatt
    OtherCatt Posts: 10
    Options
    I live in South Dakota and I'm a writer.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'm from a tiny little speck of a town between Buffalo and Rochester, NY (about 45 minutes from Niagara Falls). I currently live in Central VA, but am moving to Moscow in August.
    I'm a full-time grad. student getting my Master's in Education, and an ESL teacher, which is not what I'm doing right now, but will be doing in Moscow.
    From Atlanta, Georgia, USA but live and teach English in South Korea (and in the Republic of Georgia before that).
    I taught in Muju, South Korea last year, and would love to visit Georgia (the country). Looks beautiful.

Which speck?

Medina

Breezed thru it on the way to Rochester to play poker! I'd wave but it seems you move around a lot!

Ha! I'll be up there in late July/early August for a week or so before moving again :P Feel free to wave if you remember to not blink :P
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was born in Morristown NJ but now living for many years in Apex, NC - I am a nurse - work 12 hour night shifts
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in San Jose, CA. I live in Irondale (Port Hadlock), WA. I'm mostly retired, but I do some volunteer work at my church, and I have a part-time job.

I was born in San Jose Hospital. I used to work at Tandem Computers in Cupertino, until Compaq bought us and took it all down the drain. I put up with it for a couple of years, and then escaped.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

I was born in San Jose Hospital. I used to work at Tandem Computers in Cupertino, until Compaq bought us and took it all down the drain. I put up with it for a couple of years, and then escaped.

We escaped the Bay Area altogether about 10 years ago and it looks like you did the same.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Which speck?

Medina

Ha! I'll be up there in late July/early August for a week or so before moving again :P Feel free to wave if you remember to not blink :P

Hey - I live in a place like that. We are so small, we don't even have a zip code. We have to borrow the adjacent town's. They are real big; they have a flashing red light at a four-way stop! :-) :-)
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Born in Syracuse, NY. Birth parents from Michigan. Adopted by great family! Lived in West Caldwell, NJ; 1 hour out of Pittsburgh, PA; Zanesville, OH; Columbus, OH, Zanesville,OH. Pharmacy Tech for the last 3 years. Currently job hunting.

Michelle in Ohio
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ohio, Middle school cook, then go clean houses
  • ssheflin
    ssheflin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I currently live in Ohio, almost finished with my degree. I am a mental health intake worker. I also will be moving to Arizona in just a few months for a job opportunity working with Autistic children.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I currently live in Ohio, almost finished with my degree. I am a mental health intake worker. I also will be moving to Arizona in just a few months for a job opportunity working with Autistic children.

Where are you going to be? I live in Tucson.
  • britt7786
    britt7786 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I live in Arkansas and I am a graphic designer & work at home mom.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    10 years in Perth, Australia but originally from the north of England. Im a nurse
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm from down South, and I'm a RN who takes care of new mamas and babies. :happy:
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Born and raised, and still somewhat "live" in the NYC area. I work as a Tour Manager for bands/musicians/etc.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    North Coast in Oregon and I'm a medical coder.
  • SAH1906
    SAH1906 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Born in DE, youth spent there and AL (ROLL TIDE), now SC. Engineer.
  • OCTOBERLISA
    OCTOBERLISA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Indiana, USA-- Registered Nurse