Options
    This thigh gap, YES!!!

aOqROnM_700b.jpg

Now I can't stop laughing!!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Ok the reason for this post was about a woman on another post telling girls to ride a bike 2-3hrs a day 7 days a week to get a thigh gap! She also stated that she was already skinny!!! I want girls to read this and see that a thigh gap is not something you need to aspire to!!! What this girl suggested was dangerous and wrong!!! OHHHH so I get reported for this thread....and a girl telling other women to exercise for 2-3hrs a day 7 days a week once you're already skinny is ok???? Guys don't give a rats about a thigh gap!! Lift heavy girls and build a nice set of buns and thighs!!!

I totally understood why you created this thread. And yes, exercising for 3 hours per day to achieve a thigh gap is insane. Its genetics so even if someone was dumb enough to follow that girls advice, there's a chance they still wouldn't achieve a thigh gap anyway.
    I personally could care less about thigh gaps. If a girl is naturally thin and has a thigh gap because of her genetics, then that's fine with me. But I do have an issue with girls doing tons of cardio hoping to achieve the thigh gap. That isn't okay.
    I asked my husband once if he liked thigh gaps? He thought I meant jeans from the store gap. So yeah, men don't care about thigh gaps and some don't even know what it is. So if you naturally have a thigh gap, that's fine. But crazy ideas to create one, is not good.

Hopefully at least one girl has read this and stopped aspiring for something she may never be able to achieve!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Ok the reason for this post was about a woman on another post telling girls to ride a bike 2-3hrs a day 7 days a week to get a thigh gap! She also stated that she was already skinny!!! I want girls to read this and see that a thigh gap is not something you need to aspire to!!! What this girl suggested was dangerous and wrong!!! OHHHH so I get reported for this thread....and a girl telling other women to exercise for 2-3hrs a day 7 days a week once you're already skinny is ok???? Guys don't give a rats about a thigh gap!! Lift heavy girls and build a nice set of buns and thighs!!!

I totally understood why you created this thread. And yes, exercising for 3 hours per day to achieve a thigh gap is insane. Its genetics so even if someone was dumb enough to follow that girls advice, there's a chance they still wouldn't achieve a thigh gap anyway.
    I personally could care less about thigh gaps. If a girl is naturally thin and has a thigh gap because of her genetics, then that's fine with me. But I do have an issue with girls doing tons of cardio hoping to achieve the thigh gap. That isn't okay.
    I asked my husband once if he liked thigh gaps? He thought I meant jeans from the store gap. So yeah, men don't care about thigh gaps and some don't even know what it is. So if you naturally have a thigh gap, that's fine. But crazy ideas to create one, is not good.

Hopefully at least one girl has read this and stopped aspiring for something she may never be able to achieve!

I totally agree. I have this conversation weekly with the teens for whom I volunteer. Some are almost obsessed with it.
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    for men too?
    4m9avjo8xkm2.jpg

@sunn_lighter doing her best to bring it down totally

0iyv7ivldao5.gif

rob_medium.gif
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Exactly. I hope that they see that its a silly goal because it comes down to genetics anyway. And some are willing to use unsafe methods to try to achieve this . ( like riding the bike for 3 hours per day ) and some even go on vlcd to try for the thigh gap.
    My aunt has one naturally. She's always had one, she's very thin and has wide hips . but that's just the body she was given. Even with a progressive lifting program and surplus diet, it was still there. So when people naturally have this body shape, I have no problem with it.
    However I do have an issue with young girls that are willing to risk their health to achieve this, when it may not even be possible for some. And is potentially dangerous if they are following unsafe weight loss methods.
  • summerkissed
    Options
    Omg we are going to get shut down because we are trying to stop young girls trying to lose weight for a dangerous reason!!!!
  • kami3006
    Options
    for men too?
    4m9avjo8xkm2.jpg

0iyv7ivldao5.gif

This must be why I loved my GI Joes!

5th6308awa7e.jpg
  • kami3006
    Options
    Omg we are going to get shut down because we are trying to stop young girls trying to lose weight for a dangerous reason!!!!

I'm shocked it made it to page 5.
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    for men too?
    4m9avjo8xkm2.jpg

0iyv7ivldao5.gif

This must be why I loved my GI Joes!

5th6308awa7e.jpg

why you are so rude and obnoxious doe
  • summerkissed
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

I'm shocked it made it to page 5.

Yet the post about how to get a thigh gap is still there!! What's worse people??? us saying be happy with what you have and don't do silly things.....or exercise 2-3hrs a day 7 days a week once you are skinny!!! OMG SERIOUSLY!!!
  • summerkissed
    Options
    what kind of thigh gap are we talking about?
    this

thigh-gap-2014-07-30.jpg

or this

7-Exercises-for-Thight-Gap-Featured-New.jpg

or maybe this?

I+can+understand+how+some+look+that+way+cause+they+_5867a90b3239a5adf0fe2c383328d15a.jpg

We are talking about the silly measures girls are going to to achieve something that may not even be possible for them!!!!! I'm mainly thinking of the top pic the one with the very skinny look....the other 2 pics look like girls with healthy bodies
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
  • summerkissed
    Options
    what kind of thigh gap are we talking about?
    this

thigh-gap-2014-07-30.jpg

or this

7-Exercises-for-Thight-Gap-Featured-New.jpg

or maybe this?

I+can+understand+how+some+look+that+way+cause+they+_5867a90b3239a5adf0fe2c383328d15a.jpg

We are talking about the silly measures girls are going to to achieve something that may not even be possible for them!!!!! I'm mainly thinking of the top pic the one with the very skinny look....the other 2 pics look like girls with healthy bodies

That top girl would lucky to be 15 years old??? Should one aspire to the body of a young teen??
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I totally get why you created this thread and believe it was done with good intent. Maybe next time , word it differently something like " if you naturally have a thigh gap, that's perfectly fine but if you don't, there's no need to go to extremes . " or something along those lines so people who naturally have one won't get offended. ( I know you didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings or shame anyone but sometimes its safer to make that very clear ) there are young girls who need to hear this and see that the idea is silly.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I totally get why you created this thread and believe it was done with good intent. Maybe next time , word it differently something like " if you naturally have a thigh gap, that's perfectly fine but if you don't, there's no need to go to extremes . " or something along those lines so people who naturally have one won't get offended. ( I know you didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings or shame anyone but sometimes its safer to make that very clear ) there are young girls who need to hear this and see that the idea is silly.

FYI: Thigh Gap is GENETIC

There's your title.