Ok guys....who likes a thigh gap???

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I totally get why you created this thread and believe it was done with good intent. Maybe next time , word it differently something like " if you naturally have a thigh gap, that's perfectly fine but if you don't, there's no need to go to extremes . " or something along those lines so people who naturally have one won't get offended. ( I know you didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings or shame anyone but sometimes its safer to make that very clear ) there are young girls who need to hear this and see that the idea is silly.

FYI: Thigh Gap is GENETIC

There's your title.

Yes we've covered the thigh gap is genetic already and yes, it would make a good new title if the op wants to edit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    Why is it okay to shame another body type? Especially on a site where a large percentage of people are here to change their bodies. This thread should be locked, and you should be ashamed for your posts.

0rocra7vb85w.gif

Lucky for you that while I haven't yet watched the last season, I have read all the books ;)

• That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    jersey_54 wrote: »
    I don't judge anyone. I dont need to see that you have muscles to tell you are a douche bag. I think you look great, and you should be proud of your work, but being proud and obnoxious are 2 totally different things.

hmm yea if obnoxious is being honest and not feeding people poo poo from magazines? lol

AGAIN honesty and ignorance are 2 different things. I actually kind of feel sorry for you, that this is how you view things. Oh well, no skin off my back. I hope one day you see how superficial and rude you really are.

He's 19. He knows everything. Remember when you were 19 and knew everything?

Good point. Okay so maybe I shouldn't call a kid, what I called him. Wont say it again, dont want to get another warning, but come on!
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    how is any of this fair? body shaming in any way is never helpful.......ive had a thigh gap all my life, even when overweight. ive been in a surplus and lifting heavy, training legs 3-4 times weekly and only barely have an inkling of the quads and glutes i want. some of us are born with long limbs an d bird legs and MAYBE arent exactly happy about it. cant we just let people be people?
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ya'll just mad cos none of you got thigh gaps ?
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I REQUIRE all my women to have a Thigh Gap, otherwise I kick em to the curb. They also must have a job with a salary of $250, 000/year, must be a top level chef, have read the Karma Sutra cover to cover, have been a supermodel in the last 5 years and must have a father who owns a liquor store.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    AquabearGO wrote: »
    I REQUIRE all my women to have a Thigh Gap, otherwise I kick em to the curb. They also must have a job with a salary of $250, 000/year, must be a top level chef, have read the Karma Sutra cover to cover, have been a supermodel in the last 5 years and must have a father who owns a liquor store.

I hope you enjoy being single. haha
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Pick me, pick me! Oh wait, no. I was a model SIX years ago. Dang it.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    We
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Omg we are going to get shut down because we are trying to stop young girls trying to lose weight for a dangerous reason!!!!

I'm shocked it made it to page 5.

Yet the post about how to get a thigh gap is still there!! What's worse people??? us saying be happy with what you have and don't do silly things.....or exercise 2-3hrs a day 7 days a week once you are skinny!!! OMG SERIOUSLY!!!

i'd assume most of the reporting comes from some of the skinny/fat shaming, age shaming, and sexual preference shaming that has been going on for the last 5 pages, not so much the topic at hand, which isn't by any means limited to MFP only. good job by the mods honestly.

We aren't skinny/fat shaming though....we are saying that doesn't matter what age or size it is not an achievable look for most girls!!! Yet MFP is allowing a girl to promote an unhealthy DANGEROUS way of losing weight to achieve this!!
    I wanted guys to pipe up and say they don't care about a thigh gap.....which they have! And I also have been trying to help some young ladies that think this is what guys want and without it they look bad!! So perhaps they should see this post as a positive thing about body shape and age.....as for the pics of the butts....I didn't put them up lol but those last 2 were hot hahaha
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    We
    Omg we are going to get shut down because we are trying to stop young girls trying to lose weight for a dangerous reason!!!!

Yet the post about how to get a thigh gap is still there!! What's worse people??? us saying be happy with what you have and don't do silly things.....or exercise 2-3hrs a day 7 days a week once you are skinny!!! OMG SERIOUSLY!!!

i'd assume most of the reporting comes from some of the skinny/fat shaming, age shaming, and sexual preference shaming that has been going on for the last 5 pages, not so much the topic at hand, which isn't by any means limited to MFP only. good job by the mods honestly.

We aren't skinny/fat shaming though....we are saying that doesn't matter what age or size it is not an achievable look for most girls!!! Yet MFP is allowing a girl to promote an unhealthy DANGEROUS way of losing weight to achieve this!!
    I wanted guys to pipe up and say they don't care about a thigh gap.....which they have! And I also have been trying to help some young ladies that think this is what guys want and without it they look bad!! So perhaps they should see this post as a positive thing about body shape and age.....as for the pics of the butts....I didn't put them up lol but those last 2 were hot hahaha

The thread got messy, I'm not denying that. For what it's worth, it's nice to see that the majority of guys don't give a crap because I'm far from fat and will never have a thigh gap. It is what it is!
  • jersey_54
    Options

rob_medium.gif
  • kshama2001
    Options
    how is any of this fair? body shaming in any way is never helpful.......ive had a thigh gap all my life, even when overweight. ive been in a surplus and lifting heavy, training legs 3-4 times weekly and only barely have an inkling of the quads and glutes i want. some of us are born with long limbs an d bird legs and MAYBE arent exactly happy about it. cant we just let people be people?

People aren't body shaming on women who have thigh gaps naturally - they are hating on trying to achieve something that just won't work with one's body structure/genetics.
  • jersey_54
    Options
    Alright, this is for mostly all guys since thats what seems to confuse ya'll?

Muscled thighs (with gap or without) > Thigh gaps > Hot dogs hugging each other
  • summerkissed
    Options
    For the sensitive girls thinking I'm now having a go at there thigh gap....I have one, I have long muscles, I lift heavy trying to build muscle to get rid of it.....as for the title I wanted a reaction....that's how they create news
  • summerkissed
    Options

Liquor store??? Setting your standards low there.......id want them to own the brewery
  • kshama2001
    Options
    5aef50c15c9a1ac987c5a4f98c27a6b4.jpg

(With a possible exception.)
  • jersey_54
    Options
    We

think you missed my comments in the thread back at the start- i am attracted to women with thigh gaps. it's all i've ever dated. its just how i'm wired and there's def been a few people who tried to shame me for it a few pages back. if you dislike whatever this other person has posted you should prob just flag it, otherwise it makes you seem like you have an agenda for whatever reason. mods did a good job here. other than apparently banning the kid for saying what he said, but nobody got banned for attacking him for only being 19. that I can't agree with.

takes all ages and types to hold hands and make a circle.

They mad cos they werent this swole at 19