Hiding protein in food

Options
2»

Replies

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    He eats meat, but can't use his right arm at the moment, so won't eat things that need cutting (he doesn't like food cut up for him)

I'll have a look at other proteins. I eat 75% vegan so don't really want loads of whey protein knocking about that won't get used if he doesn't like it, but needs must!
    If you go to GNC, you can Optimum Nutrition Brand (and probably a few other brands) in sample sizes. Obviously the cost per serving is much larger, but you can get as few as 3 servings of a flavor to test before you commit to buying a large amount that you're worried will just sit around.
    Or buy the large batch. I'll take it off your hands if you're in the right area of Michigan.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll have a think!! He can't manage the cooker and I'm at work all day, so eggs are a non starter, but he might be able to cook bacon if I get everything ready for him .

You could hard boil and peel the eggs in advance for him.

For meat you could cook things that the meat is already in bite size pieces. Stir fry, pasta and meatballs or meat sauce, baked chicken tenderloin. Soups or stews with bite size meat chunks.

+1 also things like breakfast burritos, quiche etc... could be really helpful.
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Have bought him nuts, chocolate milk to add protein powder to, some flapjack with extra protein sprinkles and some microwave meals so he can eat when he needs rather than waiting for me (I work away a lot, so sometimes aren't home until very late) . Also some peanut cookies as a special treat for after the gp has changed the dressings.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I hope he is on the mend soon :)