when did you first see a noticeable change in the mirror?

Options
I've been on here for about 5 weeks and have lost about 11lbs so far. I took 'before' pictures, and I plan on taking pictures once a month until I hit my goal.

My question for those of you who have taken pictures regularly also, at how many pounds did see a noticeable change?

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    For me, it was about 50 that I noticed it. I finally decided to take pictures to document the changes. My blouses now fall off my shoulders and my skirts and underwear barely stay up. For me those are the major changes that I have noticed.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose. I started noticing a difference around 7-8 lbs. I have around 30 lbs to lose.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    I have quite a bit to lose ...about 95 more pounds to be exact :neutral:
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    At about 50lbs lost.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've lost fifteen. I have only really noticed a change in my face and shoulders so far. But I am getting squishier.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oh lawdy! I just looked at my back and its starting to look like a pug. Guess I should start exercising or something...
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Around 11 lbs. Pants are looser.
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I probably won't notice a change until my chest sticks out farther than my belly. Or I can look down and see my toes without bending forward.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4 weeks in and about 7 lbs lost. I had 44 lbs to lose and so far no changes in how I look, or how my clothes fit :neutral: I'm still waiting.... I guess once I've lost over 10 lbs it should happen.
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    At around 10 lbs the back fat rolls got smoother and the belly wasn't as bad.. boobs flatter of course *sigh* Had lost about 20 inches overall in measurements though. Now at 15 lbs down and 34 inches lost, clothes are fitting differently, dropped a pant size and over a bra size. Definite muscle definition in my legs now. Everyone is different.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    One advantage I have body-type wise is that weight distributes evenly, so it's harder to notice weight gains. The reverse is true, too. When I lose, it won't really be noticeable until around 11, 12 lbs are gone.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I tape my measurements, so I can see results just like I was looking at a scale. Noticing body changes seems to happen in spurts as fat is removed here and there. The last 5 lbs or so lost I really noticed it in my chest. People at work seem to comment on a change about every 10 lbs or so lost.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    rats2010 wrote: »
    At around 10 lbs the back fat rolls got smoother and the belly wasn't as bad.. boobs flatter of course *sigh* Had lost about 20 inches overall in measurements though. Now at 15 lbs down and 34 inches lost, clothes are fitting differently, dropped a pant size and over a bra size. Definite muscle definition in my legs now. Everyone is different.

That is awesome!
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    One advantage I have body-type wise is that weight distributes evenly, so it's harder to notice weight gains. The reverse is true, too. When I lose, it won't really be noticeable until around 11, 12 lbs are gone.

That must be how I am too..cause I've lost 11 pounds and don't see much difference in the mirror..
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    I tape my measurements, so I can see results just like I was looking at a scale. Noticing body changes seems to happen in spurts as fat is removed here and there. The last 5 lbs or so lost I really noticed it in my chest. People at work seem to comment on a change about every 10 lbs or so lost.

Maybe I need to start take my measurements as well, I've wanted to, just dont have a tape measure :(
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    So I was going to come in and don't use a mirror, use photos, but that's what you're doing.

Honestly, it's going to depend on how much you have to lose. I started mfp with needing to lose almost 100lbs, and so I didn't really notice anything until I dropped about 30lbs (when my clothes started fitting differently).

I've put on 10lbs from my lowest, and I feel like it makes a huge difference in my appearance.

One thing is that I have a private group with some friends, and we'll post progress photos there. They notice changes that I can't see because they are more objective about it.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    c_ross624 wrote: »

Maybe I need to start take my measurements as well, I've wanted to, just dont have a tape measure :(

Buy an OrbiTape. You should be able to land one for less than $10. I got one for free from BodyBuilder.com when I order some supplements a few years back. The great thing about it is you can take the measurements yourself. Right now I measure Neck, Chest, Waist and Hips (along with weight, body fat percentage and my blood pressure).

http://www.amazon.com/OrbiTape-Body-Mass-Tape-Measure/dp/B001RO8IOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443285017&sr=8-1&keywords=orbitape

Once I lose enough weight (about 20 more pounds) and my doc releases me to start back on Crossfit, I am going to add in forarms, biceps, thighs and calves.
  • tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It was around 30ish lb that I started noticing a change. I started at 370 down to 320 and got a lot more to go. Its a slow go for me because of my health but I will get there.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options

Buy an OrbiTape. You should be able to land one for less than $10. I got one for free from BodyBuilder.com when I order some supplements a few years back. The great thing about it is you can take the measurements yourself. Right now I measure Neck, Chest, Waist and Hips (along with weight, body fat percentage and my blood pressure).

http://www.amazon.com/OrbiTape-Body-Mass-Tape-Measure/dp/B001RO8IOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443285017&sr=8-1&keywords=orbitape

Once I lose enough weight (about 20 more pounds) and my doc releases me to start back on Crossfit, I am going to add in forarms, biceps, thighs and calves.

Thank you so much!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for about 5 weeks and have lost about 11lbs so far. I took 'before' pictures, and I plan on taking pictures once a month until I hit my goal.

My question for those of you who have taken pictures regularly also, at how many pounds did see a noticeable change?

Can't tell you how important it is to take photos every 30 days. Same skimpy outfit, same lighting, same poses.

I started out with only 10 lbs to lose but my goals are to look fitter, feel stronger, and get the endorphins from exercise. Oh yeah