Options
2»

Replies

• GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    GillianLF wrote: »
    I agree.

I dont exercise every single day but I never have a day where I dont move. I always get off the bus a stop early to have an extra walk. When I'm brushing my teeth at night now I hold a squat position and lock my core. When I'm cooking I do side steps. So I guess I do "exercise" every day but I want MOVING to be a way of life. It will increase my metabolism so I have the energy to do more exercise.

As for food, I love food and dont want to be limited by rules I want to break. So I try to drink at least 2 litres of water a day and I ensure I have some fruit / vegetables every day.
    That's Doing something !!!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    GETU1N wrote: »
    Rather it's one push up sit up or pull up taking a walk or even eating something healthy!!! I feel we should do something EVERY DAMN DAY. So what do you think every damn day or naw?
    All in for every damn day! It's all about mindset.
  • duna_pruna
    duna_pruna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Everyone should do what works best for their body. If I don't work out, I am in pain the next day. My body punishes me.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Olympic class runners in a study took 80ish days off. Muscle biopsies before and after showed very low decline in function which was quickly rebuilt.

If they can take more than two months off with little impact, we can take one day off.

Our bodies react better to stress | rest | adapt cycling than they do to stress | stress | stress | stress. Sure, your body will adapt and grow stronger / fitter, but eventually if you are really putting out maximal training effort without let up, the body will react negatively and the risk of injury increases.

Put more simply we grow fitter / stronger by incorporating rest in our plans. Rest doesn't mean couch surfing - it can be active rest as in an easy running day well below potential or cross training that doesn't work the same systems.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    GETU1N wrote: »
    I've exercised every day for the past 80+ days ...
    Great job!! You are the man! Up top✋

Actually ... I'm the woman. :)

Ha ha:8
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Every day I am breathing. Gonna do something. It's not always going to be strenuous everyday, but I strive to get at least 30 minutes of activity I consider exercise each and every.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I use a fitness tracker with the minimum set for 8000 steps. I do lots of other things that help me to easily meet that goal but a day like today when it's just beer and football, I still need to get those steps in. Good thing I get 4K in for getting ready and going to church.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    I've exercised every day for the past 80+ days ...

Since I started here mid-Feb, I have exercised every day except for 4 days.

I had the flu 2 of those days, I was in transit between places and unable to much other than a very little walking about the other 2 days.

But my exercise varies. Some days it might be a 20 min walk. Other days it might be a 3-hour bicycle ride.

"They" say it is very unhealthy to sit all the time. My job requires that I sit most of the time, so I take regular breaks throughout the day. A few of us are walking stairs now ... I do 125 flights a week (25 flights a day). Plus walking is part of my commute. Plus I rarely miss going for a walk at lunch.

I am not always able to workout in the evenings (classes, homework), but weekends I take a "sanity break" and go for a decent bicycle ride or hike. :)

• MGarcia0504
    MGarcia0504 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I believe in doing something every day. I lift 6 days a week and on my "rest" day I add an extra mile to my walk. As someone that suffers from severe major depression, I've found that it really helps with my mental stability. If I don't do anything but just stay lazy even one day, I go into a mental funk that makes it harder to get out of bed the next day and I become really irritable and just depressed.