When to let go??

Options

Replies

• LovelysJourney
    Options
    Im sure you do. lol wow you people are rich in ignorance here my gawd!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that my having only lost 10 lbs vs your 132, I would ask myself what I could possibly say that would support you, I would assume that you just have it nailed. So, lesson learned.

That was a pretty bizarre way to point that out, but I'm also pretty stunned at the responses from people. You don't have to type every single thing you're thinking, you know lol
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    the "reply" button. you're using it wrong.

& this one too :laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that my having only lost 10 lbs vs your 132, I would ask myself what I could possibly say that would support you, I would assume that you just have it nailed. So, lesson learned.

That was a pretty bizarre way to point that out, but I'm also pretty stunned at the responses from people. You don't have to type every single thing you're thinking, you know lol

Given the OPs most recent 10-15 posts, I'd say she disagrees...
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Given the OPs most recent 10-15 posts, I'd say she disagrees...

Lol fair point
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Get real friends..............friends with whom you can go for jog or a picnic in the park..............or just talk over a cup of tea and cookies.
  • LovelysJourney
    Options
    I wanted to take the time to say thank you to the few who responded in love. As it was not my intent to come off high and or mighty! their is only one with that capability and he sits high and looks low. Its very sad to see people make light and laugh off and go so far as to post nasty things to make fun of someone. Its things like this that make children take their lives. I really though MFP was past this point. I have seen things like this in the past where people would tear apart someone in need of help or who was looking for someone just to listen and still with all this said some will still not care. This behavior is not okay and it saddens me to see adults do this. Wow if this is what you all are like i feel sorry for the children and the future generations to come. The way some of you are amazes me. I could never be this nasty to a person. Anyhow thank you again to the few who did respond once more lovingly i truly appreciate it. I really hope the rest of you work on having more sense. Either way have a great night.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Im sure you do. lol wow you people are rich in ignorance here my gawd!

The irony in this post is almost too much.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Hey Op there is a thing called quote if you are going to reply to posts. How could you be on here so long and be oblivious to it.

Just look below this comment its next to reply.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    ryan-reynolds-green-lantern-320x400.jpg

Ryan Reynolds thought he was awesome as green lantern.

I think you know how he feels now.

bahahah!!!!
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You know, I really think perhaps a twitter account might be what you are looking for. I like MFP, I do. I credit it for being a huge part of my loss, perhaps the hugest. It allowed me to establish a ritual I carry out every time I ingest something, it gave me "rules" to follow and for whatever it says about me, I follow rules like a champ. I feel real guilt when I try to lie to a food journal that, chances are, nobody but I will ever really look at.

It's just MFP is kind of a niche audience. The only thing everyone here has in common is that at least at one time they had a lack of knowledge on how to have a healthy relationship with food, and that they had control issues with food. Once people stick around for a while weight loss ideally stops being a huge, burning passion and just becomes a standard part of their life until they hit maintenance and hopefully by then they'll know enough to have a sustainably healthy relationship with food.

It can be tiring to have all these connections to maintain so perhaps you should consider a twitter account if you are certain that you have a social media presence big enough for people to care. On twitter people can follow and unfollow as the mood strikes them with no effort on your part. Just say whatever you want to say within 140 characters and your golden. If people want to actively favorite or retweet you they can, but if not it's no biggie because you didn't need to actively add them or deal with responding to their PM's, etc...

Basically it removes a lot of the depth of something like MFP and just gives you a stream of raw numbers and simple nuggets of info to glance at. Perhaps you'd find it more compelling and less strenuous than something like this? I don't know, but twitter is pretty dope so maybe check it out if you don't already have a profile.

Also, this thread is pretty nuts as far as this forum goes.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I wanted to take the time to say thank you to the few who responded in love. As it was not my intent to come off high and or mighty! their is only one with that capability and he sits high and looks low. Its very sad to see people make light and laugh off and go so far as to post nasty things to make fun of someone. Its things like this that make children take their lives. I really though MFP was past this point. I have seen things like this in the past where people would tear apart someone in need of help or who was looking for someone just to listen and still with all this said some will still not care. This behavior is not okay and it saddens me to see adults do this. Wow if this is what you all are like i feel sorry for the children and the future generations to come. The way some of you are amazes me. I could never be this nasty to a person. Anyhow thank you again to the few who did respond once more lovingly i truly appreciate it. I really hope the rest of you work on having more sense. Either way have a great night.

Bolded for over-exaggeration.

You have a good night too. And next time, use the quote button. Those replies to unknown responses kinda scared me.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Damn, I'm sad I missed this thread yesterday. This was hilarious though--bumping (just in case).
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    ryan-reynolds-green-lantern-320x400.jpg

Ryan Reynolds thought he was awesome as green lantern.

I think you know how he feels now.

bahahah!!!!

ohh gurl.... you complete me. :smooched:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    ohh ****....

"LovelysJourney has deactivated their account."

im freakin out...

black-woman-cereal-o.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    ohh ****....

"LovelysJourney has deactivated their account."

im freakin out...

black-woman-cereal-o.gif

Must have been time to let go?
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Now is a good time to let go lmfao
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You sound so up yourself. Get over it. They will all do fine without you. Wow..

^ Agreed :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.