Exercice, when?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited September 2015
    ETA: Sorry, I should at least contribute something for the OP. The time of day you exercise shouldn't have the impact you are attributing to it. Keep doing what fits in your day. It's only been a week. Weight loss stalls for any number of reasons.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,470 Member
    Frequently, throughout the day is good. :)

I walk as part of my commute morning and evening.
    I walk at lunch.
    I climb 25 flights of stairs in 5 stair batches throughout the day.
    If I don't have a mountain of homework in the evening, I walk or cycle or something in the evening.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Azexas wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Not sure how accurate this is but could there be issues with lifting weights first thing?

My understanding is your spine becomes more hydrated at night and early morning there is greater risk of injury.

Probably not an issue if doing cardio/body weight exercises.

I've been lifting heavy at 5 am for the past year with no issues. This is the first I'm hearing about spinal hydration. Do you have a source for this information ?

Just make sure to warm up properly and stretch and you should be good to go op.

I did say I'm not sure how accurate it is. Just something I had heard. Unsure where originally.

Just googled spine hydration at night.

First results mentions giving you an hour before lifting stuff. So it isn't something I made up. But still not claiming it to be true or accurate.
    http://www.proformsportschiropractic.com/spinal-disc-health-and-hydration/

Let me see if there is a better site. Something a bit more scientific or reputable.
  • Merkavar
    Not sure how accurate this is but could there be issues with lifting weights first thing?

My understanding is your spine becomes more hydrated at night and early morning there is greater risk of injury.

I've been lifting heavy at 5 am for the past year with no issues. This is the first I'm hearing about spinal hydration. Do you have a source for this information ?

Just make sure to warm up properly and stretch and you should be good to go op.

I did say I'm not sure how accurate it is. Just something I had heard. Unsure where originally.

Just googled spine hydration at night.

First results mentions giving you an hour before lifting stuff. So it isn't something I made up. But still not claiming it to be true or accurate.
    http://www.proformsportschiropractic.com/spinal-disc-health-and-hydration/

Let me see if there is a better site. Something a bit more scientific or reputable.

Is live strong any better?
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/554475-morning-exercises-for-fluid-in-the-spinal-discs/#page=1

This might be where I saw it originally.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I have a question, do you guys log sex as exercise?

Start a thread and no, that's normal daily activity.

That's a big presumption that everyone has sex.

8azznantol3k.jpg

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    I take things on live strong with a grain of salt.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

8azznantol3k.jpg

It's not a presumption about people having sex. It's commentary on the fact that it just falls into daily burn. I would argue no one is having sex that burns such a substantial number of calories that it needs to be logged.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    kkenseth wrote: »

8azznantol3k.jpg

It's not a presumption about people having sex. It's commentary on the fact that it just falls into daily burn. I would argue no one is having sex that burns such a substantial number of calories that it needs to be logged.

And not to mention completely off topic of this thread ;)
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member

8azznantol3k.jpg

Yeah, yeah. Rules. Shame on me.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member

8azznantol3k.jpg

You need a Pavlok!
  • andres0691
    andres0691 Posts: 26 Member
    I try to exercise first thing in the morning, that way I feel like I got that off my shoulders for the rest of the day. Also my daily goal is to do HIIT (high intensity interval training) for 5 minutes only, so I HAVE to workout no matter what, but If I do not feel like doing a full workout, I just do the 5 min requirement (anyone should be able to workout for 5 minutes), however I almost always end up doing 30-45 minutes of HIIT. Nice way to trick your brain into the workout zone and then let your inner strength do the rest !
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member

Uh oh, I'm in trouble cause I've been weight lifting before 6 am for years, and no problems yet. :)
  • SLLRunner

8azznantol3k.jpg

Which is for another conversation.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    @SLLRunner How is your spine doing?
  • SLLRunner
    dhimaan wrote: »
    @SLLRunner How is your spine doing?

Mt spine is happpyyyyyyy. :D
  • SLLRunner

8azznantol3k.jpg

Lol.
  • Merkavar
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Uh oh, I'm in trouble cause I've been weight lifting before 6 am for years, and no problems yet. :)

Do you wake up like 530 or later and are lifting weights by 6?

Also I did say increased risk. Not 100% guaranteed :smile:
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Hi, I'm wondering if it makes a difference when I exercise during the day? I normally exercise after diner and I was losing weight almost every day and last week I started exercising before diner and I'm stuck at the same weight. Any suggestions!

Is it possible that, having switched your order, you are now eating a little bit more at dinner than you were before?

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Do you wake up like 530 or later and are lifting weights by 6?

Also I did say increased risk. Not 100% guaranteed :smile:

I lift first thing in the morning and have for 2 years with no issue. I'm up around 4:30 and lifting by 5:10.

As said previously, workout whenever you can and with whatever works best for your schedule.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member

LOL..it's not normal daily activity in my house...after 21 years, hubby wishes! Sex is an actual EVENT!