Oooh man...how can I not eat this!!!

Options

Replies

• ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Ooooh an Italian :) Your people have amaaaaaazing food.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ohh, no. I'd prefer real, homemade bread.
    I can easily skip the olive garden stuff.
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    I do love the smell of some fresh home made bread...they should make that into a cologne
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Go ahead eat all the bread you want. Then tell us why you can't lose weight.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    While your at it put gobbs of jelly on it.
  • ilovecereal1982
    Options
    Gobbs....that's a little excessive. .maybe dabs.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Just once???...I mean it was fresh at some point??? And I mean it's warm and squishy ..wait. wait..what's your thoughts on red lobster cheddar bay biscuits???

I have had them. They are pretty ridiculous. I really don't go to restaurants like that though.
    Just let us Mid-westerners enjoy our chain restaurants. :p
    I was laughing at this thread. It reminded me of college. In Kansas.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Just once???...I mean it was fresh at some point??? And I mean it's warm and squishy ..wait. wait..what's your thoughts on red lobster cheddar bay biscuits???

I have had them. They are pretty ridiculous. I really don't go to restaurants like that though.
    Just let us Mid-westerners enjoy our chain restaurants. :p
    I was laughing at this thread. It reminded me of college. In Kansas.
    My work's main office is in NY, so that kind of thing comes up when we have to talk to them.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I can skip thier breadsticks.. but love thier salad. I could eat a whole bowl of it alone. lol
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I thought this would be about something good. Moving on!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I can skip thier breadsticks.. but love thier salad. I could eat a whole bowl of it alone. lol

It's about the only healthy thing on the menu! :)

My wife wanted to hit Olive Garden a few weeks back. After Googling the nutritional content of the food, I ordered the most boring fish ever. Many of their meals may as well be fried fat, covered with fat, served on a bed of fat.

Salad and breadsticks is probably one of the best choices!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I've never been to Olive Garden, but I'm really tempted. It looks really good.... lol
  • robertw486
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    I've never been to Olive Garden, but I'm really tempted. It looks really good.... lol

Most of it is good. To eat.

BAD if you are trying to maintain or lose weight!

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

Different strokes for different folks. Bad, to me, would be eating sad boring food in the name of weight loss
  • robertw486
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Different strokes for different folks. Bad, to me, would be eating sad boring food in the name of weight loss

I completely agree that people should do what works for them. Though I look at things more on a weekly level vs daily and even agree with "cheat" meals, for me what works is cutting out some of my worst food choices except for on a very occasional basis.

And more than a few of their menu choices have 250-300% of the normal recommended fat goals for a person my size. I'm willing to flex on macros and such, but I've found much healthier choices that are just as tasty.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

I completely agree that people should do what works for them. Though I look at things more on a weekly level vs daily and even agree with "cheat" meals, for me what works is cutting out some of my worst food choices except for on a very occasional basis.

And more than a few of their menu choices have 250-300% of the normal recommended fat goals for a person my size. I'm willing to flex on macros and such, but I've found much healthier choices that are just as tasty.

The calorie counts for many/most dishes in restaurants I've been to tend to be quite high. The numbers simply won't work out if I were to eat a full entree with apps there for lunch everyday (for example), so instead I eat where I want but less often, or don't consume the entire dish in one sitting, as mentioned in the OP. Please note that you were the one that responded to another poster stating it was bad to eat there if you were attempting to lose weight. I'm just clarifying that's not necessarily the case!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    sinbadfxdl wrote: »
    While your at it put gobbs of jelly on it.
    Jelly on breadsticks?? Weird
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the feeling that the OP is an industry plant placed in this forum to make members forum fall off their "regimented diet" wagon.

He is funny though.
    Funny or not, you cannot succeed to pass "Olive Garden" as food to me cerialdude... ;)
    Olive Garden is garbage, merely a rung above golden corral...
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden bread sticks? Meh. Logan's Roadhouse rolls? Heaven on earth. I could make a meal out out of them.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the impression that these breadsticks are the American version of Sizzler's cheesy toast. Part food crack, part carb.